IGNORED

Euro 2021

Easily our best performance so far. It was a game of fine margins and the difference for me was that they subbed Werner for Gnabry, leaving Muller on and we brought on Jack Grealish who just added that touch of quality to create both goals. 

Pickford brilliant again! Get in.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Red card? World gone mad.

I thought it was a red. Out of control and and over the ball. The only mitigating factor being that he pulled out of it a bit and wasn't sliding with a straight leg.

I don't like those challenges where the front leg is shin height. I think they are very dangerous.

Italy are such a well organised side. The press and cohesion is the best in the tournament. Spain the only side that are close. Italy still have the creaking back line but they buy into the teams needs.

When you look at Belgium, that second goal epitomises the problems with a Martinez side. The forwards press, some of the midfield/full backs do too but the defence stop. It leave 20 yards of space in midfield. Whereas the Italians press, the equally elderly Belgian back line bottle it. You cant give good players that amount of space and get away with it. 

Good game though, should be a cracking 2nd half.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I love that Italy team. They are absolutely horrible but littered with talent. Obviously I’ll be supporting England, but if we don’t win it I’ll be wanting to see Italy win. 

I think it will be an England v Italy final, you wouldn’t want to get Italy in the knockout stages you would more than likely be knocked out they are that strong, but finals have a habit of throwing up surprises. 

Apparently the GoFundMe page for the German fan pictured crying has reached £25,000 which is absolutely embarrassing. Thousands of good causes that money could go to yet there's a truckload going to someone because they were on the wrong end of a football result and were in the stadium and in front of a camera - the fact they were there at all says that they had enough money for flights, tickets, accommodation etc so no doubt aren't on the breadline.

19 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Apparently the GoFundMe page for the German fan pictured crying has reached £25,000 which is absolutely embarrassing. Thousands of good causes that money could go to yet there's a truckload going to someone because they were on the wrong end of a football result and were in the stadium and in front of a camera - the fact they were there at all says that they had enough money for flights, tickets, accommodation etc so no doubt aren't on the breadline.

I agree that it's not a situation you somehow put right by throwing money at her, but seemingly all efforts to contact the family have failed, which says to me that the family don't want to be found given the level of publicity around it. The guy running it has said if they aren't, or don't want to be, contacted then he'll donate the money to "a relevant good cause" which would seem to me to be the most satisfactory outcome.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I agree that it's not a situation you somehow put right by throwing money at her, but seemingly all efforts to contact the family have failed, which says to me that the family don't want to be found given the level of publicity around it. The guy running it has said if they aren't, or don't want to be, contacted then he'll donate the money to "a relevant good cause" which would seem to me to be the most satisfactory outcome.

Does the Toffeetalk members box at Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium count as a "relevant good cause"? 🤞

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Which is all the intent was all along - do something nice. Something fighting racism would be a good start. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I totally agree the world’s gone mad 25k for a little girl crying because her team got beat and some idiots abused her and the situation on social media, is this truly the reality of the world we live in because as you said it’s embarrassing, when children in this country and around the world are starving daily and facing abuse that we can’t comprehend in this country by the people who should be nurturing them, where’s the fucking perspective on what is happening here, there is none it’s disgusting that people would contribute money to this completely mind boggling, if anyone on here contributed to this message me I could give thousands of more deserving causes if you want to give your money away. 

7 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Wonder how @Cornish Steve will manage to make England shit tonight :lol:

You need to read my messages carefully. Time and again, I wrote that the England team looked average, NOT REALIZING ITS POTENTIAL. I also suggested that, like some other teams, maybe it will improve as the tournament progresses. I also asked which team would show up for the Ukraine game: the rather ordinary team that played in prior games or the team that has the potential to do better. Each question was answered this round. Well done.