IGNORED

Euro 2021

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Southgate has confirmed that Kane will once again start on Tuesday.

I hope he’s reminded him he’s not a midfielder as well. 

I hate that when pundits criticise a player mostly in unison and the manager who should surely have seen the same, decides that he will back the player publicly so that he has backed himself into a corner, now he’s going to struggle to do what’s right for the team because he’s publicly chosen to back one player over the team. Southgate is an idiot not because he intends to play Kane but because he published it when he didn’t need to, when he should be open to all options until the day of the game. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Sterling and Kane .... Both being played to show the nation who is boss. 

When Southgate first took the job he was prepared to play players that were inform no matter what their perceived status was, now he’s gone for the so called names even when they are seriously out of form. But you’re right he’s doing to show who’s boss. 

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

Re Gilmour. In internationals your club team mates are playing against you so no place for hugging at the end of the game.

Still not entirely clear though why two England players need to isolate but none of his team-mates do, surely they've been in closer contact?

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Well he kinda is, provided he's fit and in form :lol:

Not if we play like we did the other day and he doesn't get a kick!

Slightly disappointing choice of words though. He might be the best footballer we have in the group but that doesn't make him more important than anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Why are the BBC saying we're already through to the knockouts? If we lose and Croatia beat Scotland then Croatia will be on the same points as us, with not much difference in goal difference. Have I missed something? 

A set number of 3rd placed teams (six, I think?) qualify for the next round. My understanding is that not enough teams can overtake us across the whole tournament, thus we are through.

Croatia and Scotland could catch us, if they weren't playing each other.

36 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

A set number of 3rd placed teams (six, I think?) qualify for the next round. My understanding is that not enough teams can overtake us across the whole tournament, thus we are through.

Croatia and Scotland could catch us, if they weren't playing each other.

Four.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just had a brilliant break down the right from Saka and Kane was nowhere to be seen, only Sterling to aim for.

He's been deeper than Phillips and Rice during the game in periods, baffling as he's notoriously known as and out and out poacher. He needs to just stick to the box/the shoulder of the last defender but assume Southgate is asking him to drop back.