IGNORED

Euro 2021

34 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Was about to come on here and say that Martinez's Belgium look pretty stellar, and that if this is the football he's getting them to play, I'd have him here in a heartbeat. 

Then I remembered the players at his disposal for Belgium and what he'd have to work with here. Be like downgrading from a mansion in Beverly Hills to a mobile home in Tallahassee.

Denmark outplayed them for most of the game I thought, two moments of quality got them the win though. If they put in a first half performance like that against France, Germany, Portugal or (whisper it) England they're 3/4 down and out of it.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Denmark outplayed them for most of the game I thought, two moments of quality got them the win though. If they put in a first half performance like that against France, Germany, Portugal or (whisper it) England they're 3/4 down and out of it.

I love Martinez and a small part of me wants to see him given another chance here. That said, Belgium are arguably the most stacked team behind France. If they don't at least make it to the Semis then I'd see that as a failure, and their defensive issues will keep them from getting there IMO. 

What the fuck did I do in a previous life to support two teams that absolutely shit the bed against their rivals? Fuck me. We were arguably shit against Croatia after a bright start and it was a carbon copy tonight, Stones hits the post, Mount goes close and then we just do the square root of fuck all for the other 80 minutes. The fact that Sterling managed to just dawdle his way through the game without being brought off genuinely made me question whether or not to launch the remote through my TV - shouldn't play again this tournament.

I actually wanted Southgate when the job was vacant and will be always grateful for that unforgettable World Cup but he needs to be seriously questioned tonight. Scotland, without sounding patronising are a team that you'd argue how many we'd put past as opposed to actually just beating them, tonight feels similar (if a tiny bit better) than the time we absolutely shit the bed against Iceland. We just seem to have a proper 90 minute shitshow in us regardless of who we have on the pitch or what tournament we're in. It's actually made me not that arsed about the rest of the competition as whether we win, lose or draw against the Czechs we're being absolutely pummelled by Germany, France or Portugal.

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Southgate is just like Moyes isn't he. 

Yup.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Imagine substituting Foden too. 

Just next level incompetence that. The only player in a white shirt that actually had some spark about them, the only player thats main attributes are weaving in and out of a crowded penalty area and he whips him off. I can't stress enough how much of a complete shitshow I think tonight was, it got to around the 75th minute when I wasn't that bothered if we'd make it 1-0, the embarrassment was already there - same as when Sterling embarrassingly went down for that penalty, really not arsed that we didn't get it.

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Forget any hopes.  Southgate has got that team confused.  Absolutely no chance.  No belief at all. 

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

England will bumble through and be ceremoniously dumped out by one of the big teams. 

Sad thing is we have the players to win the thing, but we revert to type and surrender whenever possible. Media love Southgate though, madness.

I give no ducks about England but … what in the blue blazes is Garrth doing?

Kane is clearly not fit. The announcers on Canadian tv saw that from the 15th minute. 

two holding midfielders when you’ve got 70% possession?

sterling, well it’s been said here already. 

then the subs. Kane comes off when England is fully dominating. Can put in crosses at will. Scotland sitting deep. No room in behind.  Who’s the man of the hour, the guy who runs in behind. Wtf. At half I and everyone at the pub was calling for dom and crosses but instead it’s backwards sideways backwards sideways. 

If England win another game this tournament it will be in spite of everything they’re doing to lose. Incredible stuff. 

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Southgate is just like Moyes isn't he. 

He’s pretty much like a lot of managers who have managed England, most start off with the belief in their convictions, then after a while they become to scared to lose, and everything goes out the window.

So much attacking talent in the squad and he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 
It took Southgate too long to get Grealish in the England squad in the first place, and even now he doesn’t know how to use him. Doesn’t know how to use Kane, why he’s getting so deep is beyond me. He’s dropping deep like he’s got Son making runs, but he’s not got that. 

When you see the way Italy, France, Belgium and Holland are scoring goals we aren’t even a contender. Getting out of the group is enough of a struggle. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Wow, Hungary ahead against France! 

I have only just turned on and seen them counter attack really well twice. Would love to see them hold on!

In fairness to France they should have been 3-4 ahead but shit finishing has cost them, couldn’t be happier for Macron. 

After their performance against France and through the first 30 minutes against Portugal, Germany looked like a shell of themselves. 

That turned around quickly. Havertz looking like a world beater out there, and Gosens impressing as well. One of those many Atalanta players who has probably been overlooked these last few seasons, but is a main reason why they have finished 3rd in Serie A three years running