IGNORED

Brentford (away) November 28

Cornish Steve

Why the hell players weren’t shouting at the ref for a penalty? Too soft throughout we nee£ to be a lot tougher to get ourselves out of the hole we have dug .

Yes Rondon is looking a touch better, twp chances on target so far. Iwobi, far better to slow things down than create a chance when he has one, cos that’s what he’s doing yet again.

Just now, Wiggytop said:

Why the hell players weren’t shouting at the ref for a penalty? Too soft throughout we nee£ to be a lot tougher to get ourselves out of the hole we have dug .

Yes Rondon is looking a touch better, twp chances on target so far. Iwobi, far better to slow things down than create a chance when he has one, cos that’s what he’s doing yet again.

Gray for Iwobi and I think we have a real shot at coming away from this with 1 or 3 points

Iwobi baffles me.  There was a couple of good shows from him, nothing amazing, just winning a 50/50 ball or a neat pass.  But they are nearly always followed up by him running out of ideas.  Best summed up when he ran 40 metres to close down their goalie and forced a poor clearance to our player in space in the opposition half.  In the meantime Iwobi had run out on to the left wing, a space already being filled by one of our players and left a gap in the middle, the space that he had vacated, as we were building a promising attack.  Then he just stood there blinking as the play developed around him.  I've no idea how he gets a game. 

17 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I know there is deeper routed problems. But baring in mind the next run of fixtures looking very unfavourable I can’t see us winning many before Xmas and so where does that leave Benitez 

I guess that was one of the arguments for not appointing him. Fans patience will wear thin faster than most other managers we could have had.

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Iwobi baffles me.  There was a couple of good shows from him, nothing amazing, just winning a 50/50 ball or a neat pass.  But they are nearly always followed up by him running out of ideas.  Best summed up when he ran 40 metres to close down their goalie and forced a poor clearance to our player in space in the opposition half.  In the meantime Iwobi had run out on to the left wing, a space already being filled by one of our players and left a gap in the middle, the space that he had vacated, as we were building a promising attack.  Then he just stood there blinking as the play developed around him.  I've no idea how he gets a game. 

Useless player. We have a lot of those.

I think we are a little lucky to come out of that half only 1 down. Brentford should have made the most of their counter attacks but they have been terrible at converting them. They are a Championship team organised by a Premier League manager and it shows in their individual qualities.

Rondon has the beating of his man in the box, get it into his feet and run off him to give him options. Other than a set piece, I am not really sure how else Rafa has planned for us to score.

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I guess that was one of the arguments for not appointing him. Fans patience will wear thin faster than most other managers we could have had.

Do you think a less controversial manager with the current form would not be under pressure. We aren’t getting results and performances are poor too.

1 minute ago, memmaclub2 said:

Do you think a less controversial manager with the current form would not be under pressure. We aren’t getting results and performances are poor too.

Not what so ever, I think almost every manager would be under pressure at almost any club for a run of poor results. What I'm saying is fans patience will wear low quicker with some managers than others. For example Carlo had way more backing from fans during the tougher runs.

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Not what so ever, I think almost every manager would be under pressure at almost any club for a run of poor results. What I'm saying is fans patience will wear low quicker with some managers than others. For example Carlo had way more backing from fans during the tougher runs.

I can’t disagree and maybe it’s unfair but if we don’t win here I can’t see him making Xmas 

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would have Mina ahead of both Godfrey and Kean but yes I think playing with forwards on the pitch would make a big difference 

To be fair this has been Rondon's best game so far.  Not saying much, but if he had played like this in the previous 7 odd games, we might have got some better results.

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Q.  What is Anthony Gordon's favorite Stiltskin song?  Answer: Inside.

Q.  What is Anthony Gordon's favorite Orbital album?  Answer: In-sides.

Q.  What is Anthony Gordon's favorite Bo Burnham song?  Answer: Look who's inside again.

Probably be better on the right so he get crosses in. 
But I’m no master technician like Rafa.