IGNORED

Brentford (away) November 28

Cornish Steve

For this game, I'd play all of Dobbin, Simms, and Whitaker. Why not?

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne

Townsend Allan Whitaker Gordon

Dobbin    Simms

Instead, we'll probably see the following, with one or two subs made after 80 minutes.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne

Townsend Allan Delph Gordon

Iwobi

Rondon

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it’s looking like it will be

Pickford

Coleman.  Kean Godfrey.  Digne 

Unsworth Ebrell

Gordon     Iwobi  Rafa      Townsend

Ferguson 

I think Unsworth covers more of the field than Delph to be fair. 

Pickford

Coleman    Keane    Godfrey    Digne

Allan   Doucoure (according to presser he could be back)

Townsend            Iwobi              Gordon

Rondon/Tosun/Simms

This is what I expect

I don't really have much better to offer.

Iwobi was poor last week but unless Gray is fit he'll be starting.

Tosun highly unlikely to start, nor is Simms to be honest but he may get on.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This quote beggars belief! If a game against Brentford just three days before the derby isn't the right time to play young players, then when is? Is he saving them for the match against Liverpool, or does he really expect to play aging players in both games? That would be lunacy.

•  

• Everton have won five of their past six Premier League games in London (lost one), as many as they had in their previous 32 visits to the capital in the competition.

• Just 31% of Brentford’s Premier League points this season have come in home games (four from 13), the lowest ratio in the competition so far this term. Indeed, the Bees are winless at home since beating Arsenal 2-0 on the opening day of the season.

• Having kept three clean sheets and conceding just two goals (0.4 per game) in their first five Premier League games, Brentford have conceded in each of their past seven in the competition (15 in total – 2.1 per game).

• Meanwhile, Everton had won 13 points from their first six Premier League games this season (won four, drawn one, lost one), leaving them in fifth place and just one point off top spot. However, since then the Toffees have earned just two more points (drawn two, lost four), fewer than any other Premier League side over the past six games.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well, neither were part of the U23s squad last night so hopefully they'll at least get to watch us be shit from the bench.

Yeah I saw that. Interesting that Onyango played after coming on last week though. 

I hope he starts some of these younger guys and tells them if they perform here there’s a big chance they start the derby game.

53 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Missed the City game as I took my daughter swimming, just seen that it's a 14:00 KO so I'll miss this too. 

Whoever invented swimming wants a fucking medal. 

Lucky sod, wish I had something to do tomorrow afternoon that I couldn't get out of. Tell you what, if your car breaks down give be a bell and I'll give you a lift.

5 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Probably right I’m afraid, however, Brentford’s form over the last 5 games is the same as ours, surely we have better quality to win this ?

We should have better quality given what we have spent but we don’t. Partially down to injuries mind you. I think this will be a low quality game going to who ever wants it most - which is why I can’t be confident of a win.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

We should have better quality given what we have spent but we don’t. Partially down to injuries mind you. I think this will be a low quality game going to who ever wants it most - which is why I can’t be confident of a win.

A brutal, honest assessment which brought tears to my EYES - the crying kind (althought the last bit was funny!).

it almost sound like the team will almost select itself with whoever is injury free and fittest to play.

Can't say I am a massive fan in starting a host of youngsters in a make shift team which is low on confidence. Perhaps bring them on later in a game with fresh legs. The senior pro's need to be putting in a hard shift to at least wear the opposition out a bit. At least give any youngsters a half decent platform. You can give them nice clear instructions of what you want from them based on the game that is going on in front of you. It is a bit more sink or swim for them when you starting them.  It just not a great team to be doing than with them at the moment, I just don't feel we have the capacity to 'carry' a youngster who might fine it tough going from the off.