IGNORED

Brentford (away) November 28

Cornish Steve

I feel sorry for Rondon today. 

The quality of ball into him has been terrible. Like it was for Richarlison the weeks before. Unless that improves, Dom coming back wont make much difference. 

You look at the time and space Toney had today and compare that to our forwards and it is chalk and cheese. 

Unfortunately we are a weak, boring football team low on confidence.

Never easy to lose, and it was a dour performance, but there were some positives.  Firstly we didn't cave in after the pen, and showed a bit of passion and fight - Brentford look like an organised team.  Doucs played the whole match, and Gray came on and showed he still is in a pocket of form.  Rondon wasn't terrible -for the first time.  I have faith with our first choice team we are going to start getting results.  However, we are probably going to get beat badly on Wednesday, but I don't feel really despondent going into that.

9 minutes ago, badaids said:

If we can get DCL back soon (and the others of course), we'll be okay.  Rondon has been given half a dozen chances today.  DCL would have got at least 1 of them.

I think he had one good chance and that was after the scored. It was certainly no gimme either. 

The rest of his "chances" he had a very low probability of scoring IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The quality of ball into him has been terrible. Like it was for Richarlison the weeks before. Unless that improves, Dom coming back wont make much difference. 

You look at the time and space Toney had today and compare that to our forwards and it is chalk and cheese. 

Totally disagree , Demaria Gray put in some superb crosses that should have been food and drink for a half decent striker but he was nowhere to be seen

Toney only touched the ball once in our area and that was the penalty

I don’t think it’s goals I can’t see it’s a win. For me the manager doesn’t really matter as the squad is so poor outside the first 11. That means no competition for places massive impacted by key injuries and suspensions. If the Xmas games go with form we will be looking at a sacked manager by Jan and a squad with no confidence. Does relegations become a real risk?

Just a few things I don’t get.

Gordon. Didn’t give the ball away much, made his passes and managed to beat a man…. Always on the wrong side cutting in.

But we keep him there.

Iwobi. I don’t care what anyone says, being the best at kick ups on the team means fuck all. He is literally the weakest part layer in the team. The ball goes to him… then goes to them it’s that simple. But we’ll keep him on.

Then Gray comes on and we keep the same shape?

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

Never easy to lose, and it was a dour performance, but there were some positives.  Firstly we didn't cave in after the pen, and showed a bit of passion and fight - Brentford look like an organised team.  Doucs played the whole match, and Gray came on and showed he still is in a pocket of form.  Rondon wasn't terrible -for the first time.  I have faith with our first choice team we are going to start getting results.  However, we are probably going to get beat badly on Wednesday, but I don't feel really despondent going into that.

I thought we deserved something out of that, in all honesty it was a dour match between to poor teams that was ultimately decided by the Ref 

48 minutes ago, Bailey said:

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Totally disagree , Demaria Gray put in some superb crosses that should have been food and drink for a half decent striker but he was nowhere to be seen

Thanks, Dunc, you saved me the bother.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Gordon. Didn’t give the ball away much, made his passes and managed to beat a man…. Always on the wrong side cutting in.

You saw a different game to the one I watched he got caught in possession so many times because he doesn’t no when to release it, and he gave the ball away more in the first half than the second granted with sloppy passing, in all honesty Brentford are very good championship team who look destined to go back there, for me Gordon didn’t shine out to be better than any player they had on the pitch, then neither did a few in our team. We need 4 or 5 players in our team so the like’s of Gordon Iwobi Coleman Digne and Rondon struggle to make the bench. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Criminal that no one got close to those balls.

I disagree. They werent superb balls at all, they were nowhere near anyone. 

There is always the argument that people make that xyz would have got on the end of that but I think its a false argument. If the player makes a near post run, he cant get on the end of a ball to the back post and thats what happened today. Today Gordon was probably the one you would look at and think, maybe he should have gambled on a couple of occasions but Dom can't be in two places at once. 

Whenever Rondon got the ball in the box, something generally happened. It just didnt happen enough because we are absolutely terrible with the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I disagree. They werent superb balls at all, they were nowhere near anyone. 

There is always the argument that people make that xyz would have got on the end of that but I think its a false argument. If the player makes a near post run, he cant get on the end of a ball to the back post and thats what happened today. Today Gordon was probably the one you would look at and think, maybe he should have gambled on a couple of occasions but Dom can't be in two places at once. 

Whenever Rondon got the ball in the box, something generally happened. It just didnt happen enough because we are absolutely terrible with the ball. 

That’s kind of the point though, they were excellent crosses into dangerous areas that are very difficult to defend but they were nowhere near any Everton players because no Everton player was alert enough  to get into those areas, which they should have been

DCL would have thrived on that kind of service

Gordon was lively for the first 10 minutes, I was cautiously optimistic he might score. Digne's crosses were poor hence Rondon not being able to find the net but he looked to be trying. Godfrey looked more like his old self. Not much action in front of where I was sat, except our subs running to keep warm and Brentford on the attack at the other end. Second we were all over their goal just didn't have a finisher. Townsend looked a bit edgy at times and was on a yellow so maybe that's why he was subbed.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

You saw a different game to the one I watched he got caught in possession so many times because he doesn’t no when to release it, and he gave the ball away more in the first half than the second granted with sloppy passing, in all honesty Brentford are very good championship team who look destined to go back there, for me Gordon didn’t shine out to be better than any player they had on the pitch, then neither did a few in our team. We need 4 or 5 players in our team so the like’s of Gordon Iwobi Coleman Digne and Rondon struggle to make the bench. 

Well, they're ahead of us.

It's the same old same old: inept tactics, strange substitutions (or lack of them), and continuing to play favorites (Rondon again). These questions beg answers from the manager:

1) Why play Doucoure for a full 90 minutes right after a serious injury when he's essential for the midweek derby?

2) Why play Rondon when he's proved to be past it and way out of his depth?

3) Why not give youngsters a chance? By not playing them in games like this, they're simply going to leave the club.

4) Why keep playing Iwobi for 90 minutes?

5) What exactly is your plan for scoring goals, because without them we can't win games?

6) How can you, in your interview, suggest - again - that we were unlucky and that playing a team "like this" is difficult? Do you realize they're in poor form and were below us in the table?

7) Will you be making the same excuses if we lose every game before the new year? When will you accept responsibility and shake things up?

5 hours ago, RPG said:

I think you are correct, Best I can offer is 3 points from 3 draws with Arsenal, Palace and Leicester. Chelsea and the other lot should give us a sound thrashing. Half way in the season is 19 games so we can include the next game too, v Burnley to get to 20 points.

That makes the Burnley match particularly important: a six-pointer, as they say.