IGNORED

Conor Gallagher

38 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This remains a pipe dream - unless in part exchange for Richarlison. As others have pointed out, if Chelsea come sniffing (which he wants), that immediately buys us leverage.

Richarlison wants Chelsea to come in for him? According to who? 🤔

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Just seen it in the other thread from the s*n, don’t believe everything you read in the papers. Don’t believe anything you read in that piece of shit rag at all. 

Several other media outlets seem to believe it. For example...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news-live-darwin-nunez-richarlison-phillips-b1004747.html

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/30/richarlison-reacts-to-everton-exit-talk-amid-arsenal-chelsea-and-spurs-links-16739154/

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Did you read either of those reports first Steve? 😂

The one from The Standard says according to the sun, and the one from Metro doesn’t even mention him wanting to go to any specific club let alone saying he wants to go to Chelsea. 

Stop believing everything you read. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Did you read either of those reports first Steve? 😂

The one from The Standard says according to the sun, and the one from Metro doesn’t even mention him wanting to go to any specific club let alone saying he wants to go to Chelsea. 

Stop believing everything you read. 

My point was that at least four other papers are quoting the Sun (I linked to the Standard as an example). Maybe that's lazy journalism, but it indicates to me they at least give the report some credence.

9 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

My point was that at least four other papers are quoting the Sun (I linked to the Standard as an example). Maybe that's lazy journalism, but it indicates to me they at least give the report some credence.

They feed off each other’s click bait. If they had verified the report themselves they wouldn’t have to quote the original story. As they haven’t they can put where they got it from and they have no consequences for the story. It gives no credence to the story at all, if anything it shows that no other sports journalist is willing to put their own name to the story. 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

They feed off each other’s click bait. If they had verified the report themselves they wouldn’t have to quote the original story. As they haven’t they can put where they got it from and they have no consequences for the story. It gives no credence to the story at all, if anything it shows that no other sports journalist is willing to put their own name to the story. 

If the initial "report" had been verified, more than likely it wouldn't have ever been published, let alone copied. 

And please, let's have no capitalisation of the S for that waste of paper. If it needs to be written, the correct format is s*n

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Richie says it's bollocks.

Not that anyone but you needed to be reminded that they don't print the truth!

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-conor-gallagher-transfer-24425286?fbclid=IwAR1mGxNuaQ-sA19UwYG0--8bQ0TyCd4n6uY1uAwJD71cDgjH4TgZoa3E1fo

This would feel like a real kick in the teeth - losing out on Nunes and seeing him go to Chelsea and then missing out on Gallagher if Chelsea letting him go and Villa bag him 😭

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

This may be one to revisit if he misses out on the World Cup squad. He will only be hanging around at Chelsea if he’s getting game time which I think he will. I’d guess, he could be off in January if this doesn’t happen.

I agree with this. 
Possibly transfer deadline day too. If he’s not had a start for Chelsea by then, five games in, he may want it to keep his England place. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with this. 
Possibly transfer deadline day too. If he’s not had a start for Chelsea by then, five games in, he may want it to keep his England place. 

This 100%.
i don't think he will get the game time he needs not the way they are going unless They have some serious outgoings. It's just whether the few games before transfer deadline is enough time for him to realize that. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Given the way we have abjectly failed to perform in USA we just made it even more difficult for ourselves to attract players like Gallagher. I am always full of optimism ahead of any new season but it is incredibly difficult to maintain after those last 2 performances.

It’s the preseason. It doesn’t matter. It’s practice. Players aren’t going to be put off by preseason results since, again, they don’t matter. Imagine thinking that we just finished 16th but what really will put a potential loan signing off is an exhibition result. We’ve had good seasons with bad preseason results and bad seasons with good preseason results. It’s just about fitness and giving Frank a look at some of these guys. We lost to an Arsenal team that is much better and deeper and a good MLS team at their place that has played a couple dozen more games than us. We have had our best starting 11 in there for 0 minutes. Take a breath.

if Chelsea are willing to sell and Gallagher wants to come - He is going to be around £50M and fairly decent wages. Might be pretty much our whole transfer budget and then some. Is it advisable to put all our eggs in one basket? would love to have him here, but think out on necessity we need to spread recruitment a little thinner around two or three players.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

if Chelsea are willing to sell and Gallagher wants to come - He is going to be around £50M and fairly decent wages. Might be pretty much our whole transfer budget and then some. Is it advisable to put all our eggs in one basket? would love to have him here, but think out on necessity we need to spread recruitment a little thinner around two or three players.

Where did you get £50m from and what makes you think we have anywhere near that?

10 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

We have had our best starting 11 in there for 0 minutes. Take a breath.

I would suggest we had our best starting 11 out there for the first half, any potential changes would be of little difference, which went terribly. 

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

I would suggest we had our best starting 11 out there for the first half, any potential changes would be of little difference, which went terribly. 

I don’t think Keane or Davies are in our best team. Also we are going to bring in at least 1 or 2 first team players. In any event The main thing is fitness and for Frank to evaluate. You’d always love to see us win but in the end the result matters little.

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t think Keane or Davies are in our best team. Also we are going to bring in at least 1 or 2 first team players. In any event The main thing is fitness and for Frank to evaluate. You’d always love to see us win but in the end the result matters little.

You think we have many centre halves or midfielders who would make much of a difference than them two? Not enough difference to notice. Whoever comes in is just as shit.