IGNORED

Conor Gallagher

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Fosse Captain said:

Would be a great signing. Would have to be some sell from Lampard though cos he wont be short of offers. 

Indeed.

Imagine it will be something along the lines of go compete with Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, and Pulisic (as they normally play a 3-4-2-1) for a spot or be the first name on the team sheet in our midfield.  At least he seems miles ahead of Barkley and Loftus-Cheek if he does stay at Chelsea.  Unless Chelsea sell a few midfielder players, if I was them, I would be loaning Conor back out again (hopefully us over palace, haha).  Jorginho and Kante's contracts are out in 2023 so the season after next there will be less competition.

13 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Indeed.

Imagine it will be something along the lines of go compete with Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, and Pulisic (as they normally play a 3-4-2-1) for a spot or be the first name on the team sheet in our midfield.  At least he seems miles ahead of Barkley and Loftus-Cheek if he does stay at Chelsea.  Unless Chelsea sell a few midfielder players, if I was them, I would be loaning Conor back out again (hopefully us over palace, haha).  Jorginho and Kante's contracts are out in 2023 so the season after next there will be less competition.

They're looking to sell Ziyech by the way.

We have enough sick notes.

Only a couple of days after the end of the season and I’ve already had to read thoughts on selling England’s number 1 to replace him with England’s number 3, we have cover at LB, Steve being Steve, more DCL nonsense, mention of teenage keepers, now adding to our sick notes…

My head is going to fall off. Can you lot just have an hour off? I’m not even asking for a day, an hour will do. 

53 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Only a couple of days after the end of the season and I’ve already had to read thoughts on selling England’s number 1 to replace him with England’s number 3, we have cover at LB, Steve being Steve, more DCL nonsense, mention of teenage keepers, now adding to our sick notes…

My head is going to fall off. Can you lot just have an hour off? I’m not even asking for a day, an hour will do. 

I heard we’re trying to bring back Gana, Barkley, Lukaku and Rodriguez. Should be an interesting summer. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Crikey I just asked the question you grumpy sod.

Also its been an hour 😛

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

I heard we’re trying to bring back Gana, Barkley, Lukaku and Rodriguez. Should be an interesting summer. 

Apart from thick as pig shit Barkley I’d be fine, some others on here… not so much. 

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Crikey I just asked the question you grumpy sod.

Also its been an hour 😛

I knew someone would do that. I should’ve asked for two, when will I learn?!

Doubt Chelsea will want him to leave. Doubt we will be willing to pay the huge fee that will come along with him (rumour has it £50m). Doubt he wants to play for a team that scraped relegation last season.

That being said, I'd love him here. He was immense last year and has a huge career ahead of him. If we could get him on loan and he doesn't sign a new deal with Chelsea in that time, he will only have 2 years left of his current contract.

Just now, Aidan said:

Doubt Chelsea will want him to leave. Doubt we will be willing to pay the huge fee that will come along with him (rumour has it £50m). Doubt he wants to play for a team that scraped relegation last season.

That being said, I'd love him here. He was immense last year and has a huge career ahead of him. If we could get him on loan and he doesn't sign a new deal with Chelsea in that time, he will only have 2 years left of his current contract.

Footballers want to play football. Is he going to push mount, kante, Jorginho, kovacic, loftus cheek out of the 2 spots? 

maybe he could but right now no.  A loan to buy, a loan to buy and a first option are feasible. 

yes we did barely avoid relegation but he will know lampard will be bringing him in as a first name on the sheet.  Plus he will be loving the prospect of playing in front of our fans for a hero of his. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Footballers want to play football. Is he going to push mount, kante, Jorginho, kovacic, loftus cheek out of the 2 spots? 

maybe he could but right now no.  A loan to buy, a loan to buy and a first option are feasible. 

yes we did barely avoid relegation but he will know lampard will be bringing him in as a first name on the sheet.  Plus he will be loving the prospect of playing in front of our fans for a hero of his. 

Some footballers want to play. I suppose it depends on how ambitious he sees himself as. He might be up for the challenge at Chelsea, or he might be happy sat on the bench waiting for his turn (possibly not considering his loan history). Lampard could convince him I suppose, I just feel it's an unrealistic signing for us unless like you mentioned, on loan.

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Some footballers want to play. I suppose it depends on how ambitious he sees himself as. He might be up for the challenge at Chelsea, or he might be happy sat on the bench waiting for his turn (possibly not considering his loan history). Lampard could convince him I suppose, I just feel it's an unrealistic signing for us unless like you mentioned, on loan.

Under usual management yes, we would struggle to attract him. Lampard, Gerrard, Viera will attract players to their clubs as the lads 20 years of age will be in awe of them. Look at the players viera pulled to palace. Gerrard got coutinho.