IGNORED

Leicester (Home) Wed 20 April

Cornish Steve

1 minute ago, Btay said:

To be fair performances like today are much, much improved than the ones we saw at the start of the season.

They are going to be…. He was carrying a stone in blubber and was so unfit after not playing or training for ages. 

I don’t think he’s like dom was when he played the target man role….. but neither is dom anymore.  

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I have been saying it for fuckin weeks…. He engages the defenders. He’s a unit. 

And I’ve been arguing the same with you, but we get told he’s shit, now I’m not saying he’s brilliant but he’s better than what we have in that position at this moment in time. 

It’s another point towards safety, and in this worse season I can remember football wise in 55 years of supporting this beautiful club, it’s something to be thankful for. We have now made the gap between us and Burnley bigger, and the gap closer to Leeds, I class that as a good day. 

Just now, Palfy said:

It’s another point towards safety, and in this worse season I can remember football wise in 55 years of supporting this beautiful club, it’s something to be thankful for. We have now made the cap between us and Burnley bigger, and the cap closer to Leeds, I class that as a good day. 

If and I hope it happens obviously , Southampton snot seven shades of crap out of Burnley then it could seriously mess them up.  The new manager bounce is only as good as it takes till you lose. 

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If and I hope it happens obviously , Southampton snot seven shades of crap out of Burnley then it could seriously mess them up.  The new manager bounce is only as good as it takes till you lose. 

but if I was a new manager Southampton at home would be a welcome first home game. Burnley would have had an extra spring in their step had we lost tonight. 

This season is going to be the death of me. It didn't feel like we were going to get a goal, it just didn't look like it was going to happen, but we somehow pulled it out of the bag with barely a second to spare. 

We lack quality in a big way but we had a lot of heart tonight, and we needed it because we couldn't afford to give up and we had to keep going. Leicester had all of the possession really but they didn't threaten us all that much, and for all our lack of quality I feel like we had the better chances - 36% possession and we can feel unlucky not to have come away with three points tonight. Mad, but true. The two Richarlison chances in either half are going to literally keep me awake tonight.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

We could have caved in there tonight. We didn’t.   If Richarlison had finished the 2 he should have done we were good for 3 points. 

Im not gutted, we can build on this.  

We’re saying this a lot and never seem to build. 

I felt numb when we scored - couldn’t even muster a fist pump - don’t get me wrong I was back out of my seat for the last few seconds after the equaliser but a point just didn’t seem enough at the time. I was completely deflated after that last night! On reflection though - that point could be massive and it will feel like a win should Burnley shake in the next 2.

COYB!!!