IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Sunday 1st May

Btay

We need something here. Chelsea have United 2 days before us so there’s a chance we won’t get their first team. 

We simply have to get at them here. Richarlison can definitely get something out of Thiago Silva - he won’t dominate him in the air so much. If they play the 3 at the back our wingers are pacey enough to really cause them issues. Compact defensive unit but we need players who can play a pass and be efficient with the ball.

Pickford 

Coleman      Mina      Holgate*      Myko 

Allan         DVB*        Delph 

Iwobi                                             Gordon

Richarlison 

Not sure on Godfrey’s injury. Keane could start - all 3 are pretty suspect at the moment any ways. Same with DVB - if he is unfit, I would bring Rondon on, Richie to LW, Iwobi central and Gordon RW. 

• Btay changed the title to Chelsea ( Away ) Saturday 30th April
1 hour ago, Btay said:

We need something here. Chelsea have United 2 days before us so there’s a chance we won’t get their first team. 

We simply have to get at them here. Richarlison can definitely get something out of Thiago Silva - he won’t dominate him in the air so much. If they play the 3 at the back our wingers are pacey enough to really cause them issues. Compact defensive unit but we need players who can play a pass and be efficient with the ball.

Pickford 

Coleman      Mina      Holgate*      Myko 

Allan         DVB*        Delph 

Iwobi                                             Gordon

Richarlison 

Not sure on Godfrey’s injury. Keane could start - all 3 are pretty suspect at the moment any ways. Same with DVB - if he is unfit, I would bring Rondon on, Richie to LW, Iwobi central and Gordon RW. 

After the performance we put in against the red shite on Sunday I wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea went stronger against us than United. We were hard to breakdown and frustrating to play against. This united side have been piss poor since we got a result against them and I wouldn’t back them to beat eggs at the moment. If our injuries get back for the game and we show our resilience I can see us sneaking something. We just need the Chelsea side that played Brentford to turn up

• Btay changed the title to Chelsea ( Home ) Saturday 30th April
  • Romey 1878 changed the title to Chelsea (Home) Saturday 30th April

Chelsea are a weird team at the moment. Capable of shutting teams down and also capable of creating lots of chances whilst also doing the complete opposite.

We struggle to score and Chelsea on their day can be a formidable defence. They tend to play quite narrowly so I could see our compact back line making things very difficult but they also have the quality to score from nowhere. We desperately need the first goal in this game and then try to hang on and pick them off on the counter attack. If we go behind, I don't really see us getting back into it.

Chelsea are definitely beatable we just have to approach the game with a good game plan and no fear, this is a must win game otherwise we risk the team’s above us creating a gap of 5 points, and with only 5 games remaining I don’t see us clawing it back. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Chelsea are definitely beatable we just have to approach the game with a good game plan and no fear, this is a must win game otherwise we risk the team’s above us creating a gap of 5 points, and with only 5 games remaining I don’t see us clawing it back. 

I don't see this as a must-win game - although it would help. The games against Palace, Watford, and Brentford are must-wins.

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't see this as a must-win game - although it would help. The games against Palace, Watford, and Brentford are must-wins.

Yes they are but our away game to Watford has banana skin all over it, with our away record I believe we have a much better chance of beating Chelsea at home than Watford away. 

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Chelsea (Home) Sunday 1st May
4 hours ago, RPG said:

I'd take a draw at home to Chelsea and a draw away to Watford. I think we will pick up another point at either Leicester or Arsenal - which would just leave us the small matter of having to beat Palace and Brentford. That would leave us on 38 points. Tight, but just enough I think.

We need to win one of our away games with our GD we may need 39 points if it’s us or Burnley for 17th, but every game that goes by where we don’t get points means we are running out of time to bridge the gap, to base our future on Watford, Palace, and Brentford as the only must win games is relegation thinking, all our games must be viewed as must win games and it has to start Sunday with Chelsea if we lose that and Burnley win that’s us done maybe not mathematically but definitely mentally. 

19 hours ago, RPG said:

I think your last point is very valid and has also been going through my mind. Put yourself in the Burnley camp right now and imagine what they might be saying to each other:

'If we can get 3 points at Watford on Saturday that will put us 5 points ahead of Everton who don't play until Sunday. That will psychologically destroy them.'

It is up to us to be mentally strong and believe in ourselves when we run out onto the pitch on Sunday. If we are 2, 3 or even 5 points behind Burnley when we kick off, we will have games in hand and are capable of catching them. We must remain mentally strong and just focus on ourselves.

At one point I thought Leeds were safe but I now think we have an as good or better chance of finishing above them (on 38 points with a better gd) as we have of finishing above Burnley - where I agree that 39 points are probably necessary. I am also a little unsure how Watford will approach their game with Burnley. If they lose, they are just about mathematically down as well as practically down. So if they have any fight left it should be on show against Burnley. On the other hand, if they have already mentally accepted relegation then they may not be quite so committed. This is a big weekend for the bottom five for sure.

Unfortunately I'll have to follow all of this weekend's footie on the internet as we are driving to KL to visit the 'in laws.' Lovely people - not great timing though.

A fake positive covid test could get you out of that trip. Just saying 

This game isn't going to be a walk in the park by any means, but we can beat Chelsea. 

Pickford 

Coleman      Mina      Branthwaite     Mykolenko 

Allan              Delph 

Iwobi

Gordon                                          Richarlison

Rondon 

5 hours ago, Heath said:

This game isn't going to be a walk in the park by any means, but we can beat Chelsea. 

Pickford 

Coleman      Mina      Branthwaite     Mykolenko 

Allan              Delph 

Iwobi.  VDB      

Gordon   x   iwobi                            Richarlison / Gordon

Rondon / Richarlison

Just swap a few over and stick Richie in the middle I think he's still our most likely to score.

If not DVB, Doucoure has to come in.

Setting of shortly to join in the 12 o’clock welcome for the players, really think the crown can play a big part today, and need to get behind, and stay behind the team regardless of how the game pans out. It feels like everyone outside of the club and it’s fans is willing us to drop, we need to take control of our destiny and get the point.

COYB!

I feel sick as anything but I'm determined not to let my worry seep out on to the pitch later. Those players need us right behind them, so I hope anyone with negativity in their mind either stays at home or keeps it internal for the 90 minutes. Moan afterwards but during the game we just have to back them. Even if they don't win, or lose, I hope there's no booing because that will not be good for anyone.

Relegation terrifies me but no matter what division we're in next season we'll still be Everton Football Club and I'll still be going. This club is ours, it doesn't belong to those players and it doesn't belong Moshiri either. It'll always be ours because we're the ones that will always be here. So lets support them as hard as we're capable, not because they deserve it but because we are Everton.

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Blues were setting off fireworks all night outside their hotel :lol:.

They also set the fire alarm off a few times as well.

Supporters again showing full commitment to the cause, hopefully the chefs a blue and most of the Chelsea squad have the shits.