IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) 22nd May

FairWooney

for the first time in a long time there is no pressure or need to do anything here.

Hopefully the team relax and enjoy the game and go out with a decent performance.

I don't have any great expectations and after getting the win last night I'm really not that bothered either!

Frank has said he will take the game seriously but change a few players.

Players I'd think might get a go would be Tom Davis and Ben Godfrey, maybe Kenny in place of Coleman.  Could give Branthwaite a game but I wouldn't bring both him and Godfrey in.

Pickford

Kenny        Godfrey   Keane      Mykolenko

Iwobi         Allan      Dele

Gray                 DCL              Richarlison

Dele needs to get given a start after his performance in the last game, and with Iwobi and Dele in I'd rather have Allan working the defensive side than Doucoure who gave the ball away a lot against Palace.

Final day of the season throws up some weird results some times, Arsenal desperately need to win whilst we not only have a terrible away record but nothing to play for.

With that I'll say that we'll win 2-1

DCL and Richarlison

Glad to be done with this season!  

15 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

How good is it that we go into tomorrow without a care in the world? 15th would be nice though.

It’s brilliant, I’ve finally managed to get back a decent sleep pattern, since the Brentford games I was waking early every morning and thinking of what would happen.

Great to go into the game with no expectations.

Result doesn’t matter but I hope Lampard sets us up to have more of the ball but also giving some of the other guys a run.

Pickford 

Iwobi      Keane        Holgate        Myko 

DVB                      Davies 

Gray                  Dele                Richarlison 

DCL

Dobbin & Gordon to get some minutes hopefully. Davies might not be fit enough but would like to see him get minutes, Allan in for him if need be. 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think we will see dele, Donny, price, dobbin, branthwaite, Kenny, Davies,

wouldn’t surprise me if we win. 

Got to play a strong side or Spurs, and Chelsea, will be complaining to the prem about us giving Arsenal an easy entry into champs league and Euro's.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Got to play a strong side or Spurs, and Chelsea, will be complaining to the prem about us giving Arsenal an easy entry into champs league and Euro's.

We will play a strong side but it will be a side that wouldn’t be the choice if we needed to keep a clean sheet and work like mad. Dele Donny etc. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Great to go into the game with no expectations.

Result doesn’t matter but I hope Lampard sets us up to have more of the ball but also giving some of the other guys a run.

Pickford 

Iwobi      Keane        Holgate        Myko 

DVB                      Davies 

Gray                  Dele                Richarlison 

DCL

Dobbin & Gordon to get some minutes hopefully. Davies might not be fit enough but would like to see him get minutes, Allan in for him if need be. 

I'd like to see Begovic, Davies, Welch, and possibly Price all start. That's not suggesting we field a week team since they've all been on the bench in recent games.

Just now, Hafnia said:

He does but not proven to be an in the trenches type of player… he could be but I wasn’t screaming for him to play. 

Yeah I mean we haven’t been able to see a lot of him but in his Ajax days he was. Just a shame because he could have been exactly what we needed in midfield.

That's the thing with end of season games - you can't rely on other teams going full throttle for you - We are putting out a weakened team and no surprise if the likes of Brentford and Newcastle do something similar today - just giving squad members and youth a run out. Thank fuck for that come back on Thursday.  Lucky for Spurs they have Norwich, imagine if they had a tough fixture, they would be pretty pissed at us putting a weaker team out. 

Anyway - luckily is not our problem today😁

Our season finished on Thursday, this match not going to feel like much more than a friendly. After the release of all that nervouse energy on Thursday, players will well and truly have one eye on that beach now. Not expecting a great deal to be honest. 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Happy with this. Really glad to see DCL and Dele get the starts, and good to see Davies back out there.

Frank said some players who hadn't had the opportunity would get starts. Good on him rewarding their efforts on the training field. Team effort. I thought Begovic captain, interesting.