IGNORED

Everton Players at the World Cup?

RuffRob

Just realised, because of the World Cup we only have one more home game before Xmas.

With some very good defensive performances and Dom getting back on the pitch and score sheet, do you think we might get a few player grabbing late seats on the plane to Qatar?

Will Martinez take Onana?

From a selfish perspective, I would much rather our players stayed with the Everton squad.

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Just realised, because of the World Cup we only have one more home game before Xmas.

With some very good defensive performances and Dom getting back on the pitch and score sheet, do you think we might get a few player grabbing late seats on the plane to Qatar?

Will Martinez take Onana?

From a selfish perspective, I would much rather our players stayed with the Everton squad.

Those who don't make the World Cup will be sunning it on some beach somewhere for a week or so, not freezing their nuts off for 3-4 weeks training every day. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Those who don't make the World Cup will be sunning it on some beach somewhere for a week or so, not freezing their nuts off for 3-4 weeks training every day. 

Having said that Southgate was there watching, one can only assume to run is eye over DCL, who played well and would have impressed and did his chances of getting a place no harm at all. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I imagine those that don't got might get a week off but Frank and the coaching staff will be jumping all over the opportunity to work with the players (starters, back-ups, youth) to work on stamina and tactics. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I imagine those that don't got might get a week off but Frank and the coaching staff will be jumping all over the opportunity to work with the players (starters, back-ups, youth) to work on stamina and tactics. 

All of that, plus a trip to Australia. 

On 24/10/2022 at 05:03, StevO said:

Yep. Playing Celtic and Surfers FC or whatever the random local team are called. 

Heading down for the Celtic game, I think there’s going to be a massive turn out for the blues for that one. Just hope with the Sydney game the boys don’t get lumps kicked out of them because our league is just awful.

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

Heading down for the Celtic game, I think there’s going to be a massive turn out for the blues for that one. Just hope with the Sydney game the boys don’t get lumps kicked out of them because our league is just awful.

There's a members competition over here for an all expenses paid trip for two to come down and watch; it's a long flight for five nights but think I'll give it a go, you never know!

• 3 weeks later...

Coady, Pickford and Tarks all been great this season - but a fair few problems with all three performances at the weekend at Bournmouth and I think World Cup call up or missing out on a call up a few days prior affected all three player. Lets hope there is no after World Cup hangover when Coady and Pickford get return.