• Conor Coady
    • Vitaliy Mykolenko
    • Amadou Onana
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Demarai Gray
    • Anthony Gordon

Current Player of the Season standings....
Alex Iwobi...145
Jordan Pickford...34
Nathan Patterson...24
James Tarkowski...28
Conor Coady...22
Amadou Onana...19
Anthony Gordon...16
Demarai Gray...9
Neal Maupay...7
Idrissa Gana Gueye...5
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...4
Seamus Coleman...4
Vitaliy Mykolenko...2
Mason Holgate...1
Asmir Begović...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Crystal Palace (H)...Alex Iwobi
Newcastle (A)...James Tarkowski
Tottenham (A)...James Tarkowski
Manchester United (H)...Alex Iwobi
Southampton (A)...Conor Coady
West Ham (H)...Alex Iwobi
Liverpool (H)...Jordan Pickford
Leeds (A)...Nathan Patterson
Brentford (A)...Anthony Gordon
Fleetwood Town (A-EFL Cup)...Alex Iwobi
Nottingham Forest (H)...Alex Iwobi
Aston Villa (A)...Alex Iwobi
Chelsea (H)...Alex Iwobi

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The way I look at it is that last season we'd start an away game well, not get the first goal and then concede. We'd then completely fall apart and lose comfortably.

Yesterday we started well, didn't the goal but then didn't fall apart. Confidence dipped, which is what we witnessed last season in this situation. But what we didn't see that we did last season is that the defence didn't go to pieces under pressure, the defence also remained calm on the ball and weren't just looking to lump the ball anywhere. The midfield remained committed to being available for the ball.

We clearly have an issue away from home but Lampard has acknowledged it and has said we're working on it, and I do think there's evidence to show that.

This. It’s progress. It’s not pretty, it’s not going to get us into Europe. It’s better than what we’ve seen before. 
Just keep putting points on the board. Four from our last two, get a win against Leicester (hopefully) and if we could get something out of Bournemouth we go into the World Cup in a decent (acceptable) league position. 
It’s much much better than last season still. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's also worth pointing out that yesterday was the first time Fulham have failed to score a goal at home this season.

We don't want to be seeing a point away at Fulham as a good result, of course we don't, and hopefully over the next few years we wouldn't. But in the here and now it was a good point and that's just the reality of it.

Absolutely, 100% spot on, Fulham we’re expected to win, they didn’t and they didn’t score for the first time at home this season, we need to accept that’s a good result for where we’re at.

That was a good result, before the game I said that I thought a draw would be the best we could realistically expect and proved to be so. We are still pretty toothless in front of goal which is massively letting us down, but for me in my opinion we have the best keeper and defence in the league, without them we would be in a far worse position in the league than we are now. Frank has done what the last 4 managers hadn't been able to do which is sort the defence out, he is starting to get some headway in midfield especially with Iwobi and Onana, we are nearly there area and our possession percentage so much better than the last few seasons which shows our midfield is having more control in the games, hopefully we can get another solid midfielder in January, then next season work on the wide players and forwards. For me everyone should be happy with yesterdays result it shows the progress we making. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That was a good result, before the game I said that I thought a draw would be the best we could realistically expect and proved to be so. We are still pretty toothless in front of goal which is massively letting us down, but for me in my opinion we have the best keeper and defence in the league, without them we would be in a far worse position in the league than we are now. Frank has done what the last 4 managers hadn't been able to do which is sort the defence out, he is starting to get some headway in midfield especially with Iwobi and Onana, we are nearly there area and our possession percentage so much better than the last few seasons which shows our midfield is having more control in the games, hopefully we can get another solid midfielder in January, then next season work on the wide players and forwards. For me everyone should be happy with yesterdays result it shows the progress we making. 

Totally agree that our defence is much better. We've conceded 12 in 13 games, with only Arsenal (11 in 12), City (11 in 12), and Newcastle (10 in 13) doing better. Things are different in attack, though: Wolves (6 in 13) and Forest (8 in 13) are the worst, while we're tied with Southampton, Villa, and West Ham with 11 goals in 13 games. It's clear this is where we need to improve, but defence usually trumps offence, so I'm OK with where we are right now.

I find that goal difference is the best indicator of where a team should sit. With a GD of -1, we should be 10th right now.

The best statistic, though, is that we could be sitting above Liverpool by this time next week. We're at home to Leicester, while they're away to Spurs.