IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) 12th November

Romey 1878

Just now, Btay said:

He has that in him. He literally spilt a ball for Kane to score a couple of weeks ago. I’m not saying I don’t rate him as a keeper but we are a team riddled with players who make errors & it was his turn today. As good as he’s been over an 18 month period, that was absolutely shit from an international keeper - he will know it and be disappointed but that completely changed the game.

Can’t defend the error or the one v Spurs but how many mistakes has he made in the past 18 months?

Just now, plaidharper said:

Pickford and Iwobi both getting stick today but would we even have a single point this year without those two?  Very worrying.

That’s all on Frank, it will be the same set of fans that he spat in the face of with his team selection in midweek. I used to be base in Pompey so know how long a trip that is ,so they have every right to be aggrieved 

Felt sorry for Iwobi especially but understand the frustration

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Can’t defend the error or the one v Spurs but how many mistakes has he made in the past 18 months?

I don’t give a shit about the last 18 months to be honest. I’ve made my stance on him pretty clear in his thread and how he has matured but here & now - not acceptable.

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s all on Frank, it will be the same set of fans that he spat in the face of with his team selection in midweek. I used to be base in Pompey so know how long a trip that is ,so they have every right to be aggrieved 

Felt sorry for Iwobi especially but understand the frustration

Fuck me, he will take responsibility but the players are also accountable.

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

I don’t give a shit about the last 18 months to be honest. I’ve made my stance on him pretty clear in his thread and how he has matured but here & now - not acceptable.

Yes you have and I  have made mine, you have claimed he makes mistakes every 10 to 20 games and it’s simply not true

Fully understand your frustration after that shit show but buying into the media driven witch hunt of Pickford is wrong

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

Fuck me, he will take responsibility but the players are also accountable.

Yes they are but IMHO Frank heaped unnecessary pressure on himself and the team in midweek by pissing off the travelling fans with that insulting team selection

That is totally on him, the players don’t pick the team

Then we get twatted again today when the same fans have made the same 500 mile journey twice in a week so they are well in their rights to be pissed off

I think it’s unfortunate that Iwobi and Pickford have taken the brunt of it as they have been our best players but Franks decision to capitulate in midweek has played a huge part in the fans frustration

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No he doesn’t, he has been fantastic for us for the past 18 months and is probably the reason we are still playing Premiership football  All keepers make mistake and yes that was a howler, but the media driven notion that he is an accident waiting to happen is a complete myth

Disagree. Makes far too many fundamental howlers, yes he makes world class stops but he’s all over the place.  He lets shots in that most keepers would save and makes saves that they wouldn’t. He’s inconsistent.  

hes as good as we will get but ffs, seriously overrated. Tim Howard was a better keeper 

I have no idea what he was even doing for that goal. It was such a bizarre moment.

It was really poor from both centre backs and I think Gana should be closer to sweep up in that situation but its just such an odd reaction from Pickford. 

Im not really sure there is anything Myko can do, its just one of those things.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Disagree. Makes far too many fundamental howlers, yes he makes world class stops but he’s all over the place.  He lets shots in that most keepers would save and makes saves that they wouldn’t. He’s inconsistent.  

hes as good as we will get but ffs, seriously overrated. Tim Howard was a better keeper 

I don't think a player consistently scrutinised, yet more often than not pulls out incredible performances, is "over rated". Quite the opposite.

But that being said, he does make more mistakes than the "top" goalkeepers.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Can the fans overcome their current anger to once again help the team over line like they did last season?

Hoping the January window can save us.

I don’t see the fans doing what they did last season. 
people are sick of the good bad and ugly. 
goodison has been quiet this season. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yes you have and I  have made mine, you have claimed he makes mistakes every 10 to 20 games and it’s simply not true

Fully understand your frustration after that shit show but buying into the media driven witch hunt of Pickford is wrong

This is purely my opinion of him based on what I have seen of him. I still think he is a good keeper but he has moments. He had a good patch of consistency & he was absolutely pivotal in us staying up however there’s a good reason why no top club has come in for him. Unfortunately for him, his incredibly bad error today heaped the pressure on.

I wonder how many heads are at the World Cup or having missed or kust going to the World Cup,  head on the break that is coming up. Has this week been the best week to judge players and there performances. Possibly not. I know they should be focused to the last kick of the Bournmouth game, but obviously it not been.

Its not been a great run of games, but that's what it is - a run of games. I have seen a plan this season, this is a new team, and we can't shit the bed every time there is a bad run of games under a manager. That's been our problem for 5-6 years, chop, change, chop, change. 

Performance wise, I have only really been wholly disappointed by 3 or 4 league perfomances. The last two games sticking out as being particulay poor. I am just wondering if this break in the season has had some impact this past few games, it's bound to.

I have just re-watched the third goal and thought it was on Iwobi but Tarkowski has to shoulder a lot of responsibility too. He was the man that should have been in front of the goalscorer and he is too busy trying to bump the guy in front of him who has no chance of getting the ball. He creates a massive gap between him and Iwobi. 

The only justification for it could be that he has seen what looks like Coleman and Coady fail to drop in with their men? 

Whatever it is, its a real shit show from 3 very experienced defenders. If Tarkowski holds his position, he heads the ball clear.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

This is purely my opinion of him based on what I have seen of him. I still think he is a good keeper but he has moments. He had a good patch of consistency & he was absolutely pivotal in us staying up however there’s a good reason why no top club has come in for him. Unfortunately for him, his incredibly bad error today heaped the pressure on.

That’s fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion, but I there is unquestionably a media driven agenda agents the lad . I would wager his good patch of consistency lasted at least 18 months, which  I’m more than happy with

If you believe the jungle drums then the so called big clubs are interested in him ( Spurs, United , Arsenal all linked)

He is a far better keeper than you give him credit for