IGNORED

Iliman Ndiaye

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

They’ve just been put under a transfer embargo so can’t see them selling anyone. Decent player though.

Unless of course they need money (which it’s being reported they do) but surely the best way to ensure that is promotion so still can’t see this being any more than a rumour.

It’s us building for the championship next year it’s what we have to do. 
get rid of the big egos in the club it’s all on Thelwell now we need to come straight back up. 
so set our stall up now. 
unless we pull off some amazing results we are already down. 

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t need anything amazing, just a few results. We’re not cut off by any means.

Exactly, which makes the hesitancy with moving on from Lampard absolutely ridiculous (but hardly surprising). Do it now and the ‘new manager bounce’ would be Arsenal (h) and Liverpool (a) - the time to do it was pre-world cup or after Wolves or after Brighton - we may have 6 more points on the board and thinking very differently - look at Forest - 6 points ahead of us now. We’re sleepwalking into the Championship- better late than never but the longer we leave it, the more teams will creep away.

• MikeO changed the title to Iliman Ndiaye
10 hours ago, c1982 said:

Exactly, which makes the hesitancy with moving on from Lampard absolutely ridiculous (but hardly surprising). Do it now and the ‘new manager bounce’ would be Arsenal (h) and Liverpool (a) - the time to do it was pre-world cup or after Wolves or after Brighton - we may have 6 more points on the board and thinking very differently - look at Forest - 6 points ahead of us now. We’re sleepwalking into the Championship- better late than never but the longer we leave it, the more teams will creep away.

That last line sums it all up perfectly.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's been reported we've had a bid turned down.

From what I read it's because the lad wants to see the season through with Utd, so the counter to our very own Gordon. Many be Utd see a sale as a way to pay thier debuts and get out of their transfer embargo. If I was united I would stick with what they have and hope to get promotion - that would pay off a few debuts and make £20m for their best player look like peanuts. I am sure they would get £20m in the summer in any case. 

I would really like him, but think this one is a blind alley this month. 

36 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

From what I read it's because the lad wants to see the season through with Utd, so the counter to our very own Gordon. Many be Utd see a sale as a way to pay thier debuts and get out of their transfer embargo. If I was united I would stick with what they have and hope to get promotion - that would pay off a few debuts and make £20m for their best player look like peanuts. I am sure they would get £20m in the summer in any case. 

I would really like him, but think this one is a blind alley this month. 

Dont forget Sheff Utd are almost guarenteed to go up where as we are at a big risk of going down so it is no surprise he wants to stay where he is.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Won’t come.

Ive finally been talked into it from the lads on here. We’re a small unfashionable club that no one wants to come to. 
We don't have the money to the wages of other clubs and money is the only reason players come here. 

We may as well close the transfer section down until we can pay astronomical wages to bring mercenaries in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...