IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sat 8 April

Btay

Get the ball rolling on this one as there’s a little bit of a feel good factor to us at the moment. Picked up a good point against spurs & a chance to be undefeated in 5 games here.

Doucs out obviously. No need to change too much with Garner coming in to the midfield 3.

United having a very short turn around should be a benefit for us but I honestly can’t remember us every taking that advantage.

Still a good chance to take something from this one. I’m expecting an organised defensive display and hopefully we show a bit more at the attacking end.

Have a great Easter everyone!

• Btay changed the title to Manchester United (Away) Sat 8 April
  • Everton have scored in each of their past nine Premier League games against Manchester United. They have never scored in 10 consecutive league games against the Red Devils, while it's also Man Utd's longest current run without a clean sheet against a Premier League opponent.

• After failing to win six consecutive Premier League games in the Saturday 12.30 kick-off slot last season (D2 L4), Manchester United have won all three such games so far this term, most recently beating Manchester City 2-1 in January.

• Everton have won just two of their past 31 Premier League away games (D9 L20), picking up 2-1 wins at Leicester (May 2022) and Southampton (October 2022). The Toffees have also kept just two clean sheets in this run, goalless draws against Watford (May 2022) and Fulham (October 2022).

We need to work United hard, they should be feeling leggy and hopefully an early kick off works against the old Trafford crowd and our awesome away support carries the lads to a result.

I just ran the predictor and had Southampton, Leicester and forest as bottom 3.  

No idea how this one goes. 

United were on a roll not that long ago, beat us twice in short succession pretty easily and were talking about title challengers. Whilst they won the league cup, their form since has been poor. 

They have missed Casemiro, but Eriksen and Martial are back in the squad now and that immediately makes them loads better, and more potent. 

Aside from how we replace Doucs, I don't see us changing a lot. We will certainly make them work hard for it if they do win.

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Damned early games. Probably too early for me on the west coast.  Hope to wake up to good news.  

9:30pm kick here in Papa New Guinea (Same Timezone as brisbane) love these early games personally 

Just now, Hafnia said:

simms starting…. Think it will be iwobi in midfield and gray on wing 

I hope he shows more than he did starting against the shite. I'm not sure he's ready to start against this sort of opposition, but maybe the fact he's now featured from the bench before this game and looked good will mean he's not coming in cold this time.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he shows more than he did starting against the shite. I'm not sure he's ready to start against this sort of opposition, but maybe the fact he's now featured from the bench before this game and looked good will mean he's not coming in cold this time.

If he is starting we need to get the ball to him in a better way than his last start, he was isolated most of the time, and once again he will be up against experienced CF’s. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think United are going to struggle with dead ball situations delivered in their box we will dominate in the air, it’s like they haven’t done their homework on us. 

I think they have - they are starting maguire who is usually very strong from defending set pieces. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think they have - they are starting maguire who is usually very strong from defending set pieces. 

I thought Maguire was a positive for us he’s very calamitous under pressure, and if we can show good pressing and delivery as we did against Spurs Maguire will buckle especially at Old Trafford were he’s been poor hence hardly starting this season. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I thought Maguire was a positive for us he’s very calamitous under pressure, and if we can show good pressing and delivery as we did against Spurs Maguire will buckle especially at Old Trafford were he’s been poor hence hardly starting this season. 

His head is a ball magnet, he will go for headers, the small fella will do the stuff on deck. Bit like tarks and Keane.