IGNORED

Corruption in football

While nothing has been proved, there's so much smoke around that there might well be fire. Yesterday's decision not to give Wolves a penalty, even after a VAR review, smacks of corruption. Do we honestly think betting companies are major sponsors without being tempted to influence games, usually through officials? Then there's all the jiggery-pokery surrounding the big clubs who inflate their revenue through marketing deals involving owners' family or other such shady means (that no major business corporation would ever allow). Will Saudi owners of Newcastle use the ultra-wealthy Saudi league to give their English team an advantage? I'd feel a lot better about all this if an independent commission - a real one and not a powerless placatory committee - looked into the possibility of corruption in football. I'd also like to see a ban on all sponsorship or other involvement in sport by the betting companies. It's too much of a conflict of interest.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66506026

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

While nothing has been proved, there's so much smoke around that there might well be fire. Yesterday's decision not to give Wolves a penalty, even after a VAR review, smacks of corruption. Do we honestly think betting companies are major sponsors without being tempted to influence games, usually through officials? Then there's all the jiggery-pokery surrounding the big clubs who inflate their revenue through marketing deals involving owners' family. Will Saudi owners of Newcastle use the ultra-wealthy Saudi league to give their English team an advantage? I'd feel a lot better about all this if an independent commission - a real one and not a placatory setup - looked into the possibility of corruption in football. I'd also like to see a ban on all sponsorship or other involvement in sport by the betting companies. It's too much of a conflict of interest.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66506026

Sky hosts the matches and fiercely promotes Sky Bet.

Definitely no conflict of interest between the broadcasters and betting companies...

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Sky hosts the matches and fiercely promotes Sky Bet.

Definitely no conflict of interest between the broadcasters and betting companies...

Yesterday's decision against Wolves was so blatant. I fail to see how such obvious manipulation is anything other than corrupt. One official might be hopelessly incompetent, but not a team of three with video evidence right before their eyes.

13 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Yesterday's decision against Wolves was so blatant. I fail to see how such obvious manipulation is anything other than corrupt. One official might be hopelessly incompetent, but not a team of three with video evidence right before their eyes.

Our disallowed goal was blatant too

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

United are involved. They've had Stockley Park in their back pockets forever. 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

United are involved. They've had Stockley Park in their back pockets forever. 

I'd really like to know just how much money was riding on United not winning last night. Did the betting companies profit from the referees' decision? By tracking profit/loss associated with controversial decisions, it should be relatively straightforward to determine whether or not there's a correlation.

VAR is a complete shambles to be honest. The wolves penalty & the decision in our game should have, at the very least been referred back to the on field official to view the monitor & make a decision. In saying that both were quite blatantly missed by the on field officials I doubt they would have changed them.

At least there is somewhat accountability now but it doesn’t change the fact these decisions are costing teams.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

VAR is a complete shambles to be honest. The wolves penalty & the decision in our game should have, at the very least been referred back to the on field official to view the monitor & make a decision. In saying that both were quite blatantly missed by the on field officials I doubt they would have changed them.

At least there is somewhat accountability now but it doesn’t change the fact these decisions are costing teams.

Our goal was absolutely nothing to do with VAR because VAR couldn't get involved in it. That was all on the prick Atwell.

• 4 months later...

Lost patience, anyone care to help out:

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/653826/sponsors/new?token=lehGvQ_Z5OzGQVLTfv6W

My petition:

Investigate the Premier League, FA and Referee Association for corruption

Football is a fundamental part of life in England and beyond yet is being defined by money men who are more interested in growing a business by prioritising clubs with bigger financial pull. Alternatively, they're making it up as they go along which severely impacts communities and mental health

We request an investigation into the FA, PL and Referee association for signs of corruption and bias. We, the fans, require better visibility and more of a say into how our sport is run.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/653826/sponsors/new?token=lehGvQ_Z5OzGQVLTfv6W

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Lost patience, anyone care to help out:

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

My petition:

Investigate the Premier League, FA and Referee Association for corruption

Football is a fundamental part of life in England and beyond yet is being defined by money men who are more interested in growing a business by prioritising clubs with bigger financial pull. Alternatively, they're making it up as they go along which severely impacts communities and mental health

We request an investigation into the FA, PL and Referee association for signs of corruption and bias. We, the fans, require better visibility and more of a say into how our sport is run.

Why not go on page long rants instead?  It's what I do... 🤣

I'll sign and forward 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know what you mean, before we protested against them stealing 10 points from us we used to get the rub of the green. I miss those days.

If you think it was bad then it’s a lot worse now and I don’t see it improving any time soon. 
Var needs scrapping they have the power to ruin football clubs. 
we need to be safe weeks before the end of the season or it could be us. 

• 2 weeks later...