• Patterson
    • Chermiti
    • Beto

Damn this is a hard one.

Garner excellent. 
Onana excellent. 
Docuoure, excellent at times. 
Branthwaite excellent. 
both Harrison and McNeil were great today.  

Dom was excellent. 

I’m really stuck haha what a great feeling to have.

Going to go for Onana. Been critical of him recently and thought it was right to bench him. He came back in with a point to prove. And instead of trying to hard, he played with maturity. Immense and gives me confidence that he can replace  Gana. 

Will also hold my hands up and say Garner was great in the middle. Went looking for the ball, and his work rate was top notch. 

We can say it was against a poor Bournemouth, but they were only that poor because we made them poor. 

Onana for me but there are 5 or 6 players that I wouldn’t fault anyone for picking.

I just think that ganas role is so important to maintain structure in our midfield, and when he comes off we frequently struggle to gain and maintain possession. Onana put on a masterclass in that regard today, and also showed real danger moving forward. 

My stream was continually crashing, but every time it stabilised, Garner was doing something good so he's getting it. But everyone played well, there were a lot, lot fewer individual mistakes.

Special mention to Onana. I give him stick because he really is going to be a world beater but lacks consistency. To step up like he did is a credit to him. More please. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Also Branthwaite was immense - just re watched the game.

At one point in the second half the ball was played into the left channel and he and Tarks were both chasing after their player as he got it and Branthwaite told Tarks to go back into the middle with almost a "I've got this" gesture.

He's a very impressive young man.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

At one point in the second half the ball was played into the left channel and he and Tarks were both chasing after their player as he got it and Branthwaite told Tarks to go back into the middle with almost a "I've got this" gesture.

He's a very impressive young man.

He’s a far better defender than stones was at the same age.   Stones gave an overwhelming sense of beckenbauer type class but it bit him on the arse and continued to do so at city. 

for me branthwaite is the type of player we wanted stones to be when he was at Everton.  

im not saying he’s not gonna make mistakes- he is.   But he seems the type of lad to learn quickly. Very very excited to watch his development. 

England call ups will come but personally I’m not arsed, for me he is a very updated version of Harry maguire already. If he gets his call up too soon he could be getting sold before we’ve had a chance to rebuild around him, garner, McNeil, Harrison, dcl, Beto. 

we really need to buy back up for him and tarks. 

44 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He’s a far better defender than stones was at the same age.   Stones gave an overwhelming sense of beckenbauer type class but it bit him on the arse and continued to do so at city. 

for me branthwaite is the type of player we wanted stones to be when he was at Everton.  

im not saying he’s not gonna make mistakes- he is.   But he seems the type of lad to learn quickly. Very very excited to watch his development. 

England call ups will come but personally I’m not arsed, for me he is a very updated version of Harry maguire already. If he gets his call up too soon he could be getting sold before we’ve had a chance to rebuild around him, garner, McNeil, Harrison, dcl, Beto. 

we really need to buy back up for him and tarks. 

We can’t afford to buy back ups we have Keane and Godfrey kicking their heels on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Agree. Branthwaite is better defensively and Stones was better on the ball.