IGNORED

Man Utd (Away) 9th March

Romey 1878

• Manchester United have won all three of their Premier League games against Everton since the start of last season. They most recently won four league meetings in a row against the Toffees from November 2006 to December 2007.

• Everton have won just one of their past 30 Premier League games at Old Trafford (D8 L21), a 1-0 victory under Roberto Martinez against a United side managed by former Toffees boss David Moyes.

• Manchester United's 40 Premier League wins against Everton is the joint-most one side has against another in the competition's history, with the Red Devils also winning 40 times against Aston Villa.

• Manchester United have lost 11 of their 27 Premier League games this season (W14 D2), only losing more in 2013-14 and 2021-22 (both 12). The Red Devils have lost both of their past two league games, but have not lost three in a row within a single season since December 2015 under Louis van Gaal.

• Everton are winless in 10 Premier League games (D5 L5), the longest ongoing run of any side currently in the division. Only from August-October 1994 (12) have the Toffees ever had a longer winless run in the competition.

• Everton have the 10th-highest xG in the Premier League this season (41.6), but the third-lowest goal total (29), giving them the biggest difference between expected goals and goals scored (12.6).

On 07/03/2024 at 18:55, Romey 1878 said:
  • Manchester United have won all three of their Premier League games against Everton since the start of last season. They most recently won four league meetings in a row against the Toffees from November 2006 to December 2007.

• Everton have won just one of their past 30 Premier League games at Old Trafford (D8 L21), a 1-0 victory under Roberto Martinez against a United side managed by former Toffees boss David Moyes.

• Manchester United's 40 Premier League wins against Everton is the joint-most one side has against another in the competition's history, with the Red Devils also winning 40 times against Aston Villa.

• Manchester United have lost 11 of their 27 Premier League games this season (W14 D2), only losing more in 2013-14 and 2021-22 (both 12). The Red Devils have lost both of their past two league games, but have not lost three in a row within a single season since December 2015 under Louis van Gaal.

• Everton are winless in 10 Premier League games (D5 L5), the longest ongoing run of any side currently in the division. Only from August-October 1994 (12) have the Toffees ever had a longer winless run in the competition.

• Everton have the 10th-highest xG in the Premier League this season (41.6), but the third-lowest goal total (29), giving them the biggest difference between expected goals and goals scored (12.6).

This is our issue & why I still remain quite pro Dyche (not saying I don’t have a few minor concerns) but it’s on the players to start sticking these chances away.

We can absolutely get at United here but we will need to be more aggressive in winning the ball back.

Beto last game out was a mixed bag, decent chance on goal & missed penalty - kind of the pattern with our forwards this year. He did however do the seemly impossible & score a goal, for that he starts again.

McNeil / Harrison - are most likely going to start by default but they need to seriously get their shit together. The other option is Dobbin who would be thrown in the deep end but I don’t think we could do much worse on recent form of the other 2.

Pickford

Coleman*   Tarks      Branthwaite    Myko 

Garner           Onana 

Harrison            Doucs                    McNeil 

Beto

* Coleman or Patto - just play a natural RB who isn’t Ashley Young.

I can’t make my mind up on how this game is going to be played out, I’m torn between we are going to get spanked 3 or 4-1, or we are going to frustrate them and gain a point in a 0-0. 
My heart wants a win of course, but I don’t think even though we are a lot better at away that we have capability in midfield and up front to win this game. 
I can see pretty much 80% of the game being played in our half of the pitch, with us battling to keep it 0-0, with the long punt up field to a lone forward with no support, in the hope that he can keep hold of the ball release some of the pressure. 
 Then after all I’ve said we walk away with a 2-0 win happy day’s. 

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's an unchanged team.

Lets hope Godfrey all of a sudden can defend and Beto can score with his shoulder again!

Well I just hope we get something here.

On another note, I’ve absolutely Everton’d myself. Strapped the boots on for my old team & done my ankle in the warm up 😂

Disappointed that Coleman’s not starting at RB.  Neither Godfrey nor Harrison is playing well, so our right side is a major area of concern.  I’m beginning to wonder whether Patterson for Godfrey and Coleman for Harrison would be a better pairing on the right.  Seems too desperate, I know, but I’m desperate enough to be flailing about for something to change.

Maybe Harrison will shine today.  Though that’s a desperate hope.

I’d prefer DCL starting, he holds the ball and brings others in to play much better than Beto, bring Beto on with 20 mins to go with his unorthodox style on a tiring defence. Anyhow what do I know, let’s just hope for a much needed result, I don’t want another weekend looking at the other teams around us, hoping they loose.

Quality comment from Jon Champion a couple moments ago. When his commentary partner today, Matt Holland, mentioned how ten Hag thinks that Man U is charting the right course, Champion said "I'm pretty sure the captain of the Titanic thought he was charting the right course too". 

1 minute ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

If I had to guess, I'd assume it's because our regular away kit would clash too much with Man U's home kit. 

No, I mean our 3d kit, the light grey.  Not important anyway, I realize.  I’m just pre-disgruntled about most everything in our season and recent play.