IGNORED

Man Utd (Away) 9th March

Romey 1878

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

He’s been better this half, as in totally anonymous and not ballsed anything up.  TOUCHES WOOD.

In a game where we have dominated the ball and had fullbacks in attacking areas he is null & void. Should have been off in place of Garner of whom could have gone to RB.

1 minute ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Gonna be a LONG three weeks before that next PL match at the Vitality Stadium. 

True, but probably good that our next 2 matches are away, as more incompetence at home might make for a sullen mood at Goodison.

Well, it’s hard enough going to United away without giving away 2 penalties.

Theres no more comfort in saying we played well or we created plenty of chances. Not going to blame Dyche for this one, players are not doing enough.

Tactics wise I will say that we need to find a way to get away from Doucoure & Godfrey in the starting team. Doucs - I love his running & work ethic but he offers us nothing in build up play or ball retention. Godfrey is just a rash defender with limited technical ability.

Our strikers will surely relish having Gomes playing that 10 role as he can see & make passes.

Could have been 4 legit pens today to them.

I can stomach losing, but I can't deal with the fact that we always find a way to balls everything up. Like we have Terry Fuckwits in every position  on and off the pitch.

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

Not going to blame Dyche for this one, players are not doing enough..

Our strikers will surely relish having Gomes playing that 10 role as he can see & make passes.

Have to blame Dyche for stubbornly sticking with Godfrey, who’s not good as defender or crosser.  He helps us lose.  We’ve seen that for several matches in a row.

As to Gomes, I hope he can stay healthy, and I like his play.  Going foward.  Protects the ball with his bulk, some really pinpoint passing.  If in the lineup for Doucouré and thus up the pitch, good.  Just can’t think he will defend.  Nor can he play 95 minutes.

It can't be under estimate what 'confidence' brings to a team. It's the single biggest thing that's missing for us at the moment.

Desperately need to chalk up a win to get bring some of that back.

must now hope for other results to go our way to keep weekend from being a total disaster!!

Just now, Elston Gunnn said:

Have to blame Dyche for stubbornly sticking with Godfrey, who’s not good as defender or crosser.  He helps us lose.  We’ve seen that for several matches in a row.

As to Gomes, I hope he can stay healthy, and I like his play.  Going foward.  Protects the ball with his bulk, some really pinpoint passing.  If in the lineup for Doucouré and thus up the pitch, good.  Just can’t think he will defend.  Nor can he play 95 minutes.

I also feel Gomes could be a big player for those home games we have coming up after the break.

48 minutes ago, Haiku said:

DCL and Beto have 5 goals combined this season... 🤦‍♂️

to be honest not one of the offensive players are stepping up to grab a goal or two.  You would expect wingers and midfielders to be chipping in here and there, it not just strikers, everybody's lost the final touch if front of goal. 

There’s not much to add to what’s already been said really, if we don’t start converting our chances then we go down it’s quite as simple as that really. 
Our next game we need to change the formation to try and change the outcome, we can’t change the players we are stuck with what we have, irrespective of whether we think there good enough or not we’re stuck with them. 
Instead of going out with the same formation every game, let’s try something different like a 442 or a 352, Dyche’s got 3 weeks to work with the players on different formations, I hope he takes the opportunity to do it. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There’s not much to add to what’s already been said really, if we don’t start converting our chances then we go down it’s quite as simple as that really. 
Our next game we need to change the formation to try and change the outcome, we can’t change the players we are stuck with what we have, irrespective of whether we think there good enough or not we’re stuck with them. 
Instead of going out with the same formation every game, let’s try something different like a 442 or a 352, Dyche’s got 3 weeks to work with the players on different formations, I hope he takes the opportunity to do it. 

It'll be the same players playing whatever the system. The same players who aren't/can't convert the chances.

It's a proper dilemma really.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I love a 352/343 formation but our team is just technically awful. Plus it means either Keane or Godfrey as the third CB, unless Dyche does with Coleman.

Agree with you though mate, 3 weeks of solid work & I really hope we see something after it.