Newcastle (Away) 2nd April

Romey 1878

Pickford

Coleman  Tarkowski  Branthwaite  Mykolenko

Patterson     Gana       Onana        Danjuma

McNeil

Beto

We've got to do something different.

Harrison and McNeil have both been absolutely shite at getting the ball into the box but there are options to change it up. If Patterson is a liability defensively then push him up to right midfield. He can put a great delivery in. Danjuma has pace and can beat his man, and he's got the ability to do something on his own. I know it's unlikely he'll be Dyche fit to play (even if he had the inclination to play him) but it's what I'd do.

I don't particularly want McNeil getting yet another opportunity but there aren't a lot of options there to replace Doucoure when playing 2 strikers doesn't seem to work for us but if he can get into space to negate his complete lack of pace then he can pick a pass. You could even swap McNeil and Danjuma if that works better. Or change them throughout the game.

Beto isn't the greatest but he at least knows the feeling of scoring at the moment, and with Newcastle's central defence being decimated the carnage he can bring could just work.

I realise that we'll probably just see the exact same thing but I feel we really need to actually try and win games, instead of just trying not to lose them (which we're doing anyway). We don't have squad that has a lot of quality but we do have options to change things.

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pickford

Coleman  Tarkowski  Branthwaite  Mykolenko

Patterson     Gana       Onana        Danjuma

McNeil

Beto

We've got to do something different.

Harrison and McNeil have both been absolutely shite at getting the ball into the box but there are options to change it up. If Patterson is a liability defensively then push him up to right midfield. He can put a great delivery in. Danjuma has pace and can beat his man, and he's got the ability to do something on his own. I know it's unlikely he'll be Dyche fit to play (even if he had the inclination to play him) but it's what I'd do.

I don't particularly want McNeil getting yet another opportunity but there aren't a lot of options there to replace Doucoure when playing 2 strikers doesn't seem to work for us but if he can get into space to negate his complete lack of pace then he can pick a pass. You could even swap McNeil and Danjuma if that works better. Or change them throughout the game.

Beto isn't the greatest but he at least knows the feeling of scoring at the moment, and with Newcastle's central defence being decimated the carnage he can bring could just work.

I realise that we'll probably just see the exact same thing but I feel we really need to actually try and win games, instead of just trying not to lose them (which we're doing anyway). We don't have squad that has a lot of quality but we do have options to change things.

This line up is how I’m feeling. I am utterly bemused how Patto is not getting late minutes as a defensive wide midfielder, it’s perfect for him.

My feelings about Keane are crystal clear but I would much sooner see him on the pitch than Young/Godfrey as he can at least offer something to our deep block defence.

We have seen next to fuck all from Danjuma but hopefully he is fit, a real shame he picked up an injury as our only 2 others wingers turned to shit.

Beto must start, I’m a huge DCL fan but the lad is just not looking likely at the moment.

The only change I would make is Gomes for McNeil as Beto’s game is running off the defenders shoulder & Gomes can pick that pass. Onana & Gana provide the work rate to compliment Gomes in that position imo.

I'm at the point where I'm struggling to give a shit about the team.  In fact - I don't like the team, I don't like the manager. I love Everton but do not recognise what we've become. 

get to safety asap and get clearing out. No doubt I'll be watching the game and be passionate but this has been a slog. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm at the point where I'm struggling to give a shit about the team.  In fact - I don't like the team, I don't like the manager. I love Everton but do not recognise what we've become. 

get to safety asap and get clearing out. No doubt I'll be watching the game and be passionate but this has been a slog. 

Exactly the same. I’ve lost all motivation we see the same shit and hear the same crap coming out of Dyche week in week out. 
The players might occasionally change, but the tactics don’t because of the belief from Dyche that we are doing the right thing, surely results would suggest otherwise for anyone with an ounce of football knowledge. 
I look around and think how can we change this, and the only real option is sack the manager, and if anyone else has better solutions or solution to stop this becoming our worst run ever at the wrong end of the season in PL then please say, without the we have to stop sacking managers because that isn’t going to us for potentially going down. 
We have 9 games left and need a minimum of 9 points to have any chance of staying up, and let’s not forget we have potentially more points to be deducted. 
I really struggle to see us getting those points under Dyche and rather wait and see us fail to try and achieve that in the last 9 games, I see the option open to us is to change the manager in the the hope of changing our results by changing the players mindset. 
But like I say if people have better option then I’m sure we would all like to hear it. 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly the same. I’ve lost all motivation we see the same shit and hear the same crap coming out of Dyche week in week out. 
The players might occasionally change, but the tactics don’t because of the belief from Dyche that we are doing the right thing, surely results would suggest otherwise for anyone with an ounce of football knowledge. 
I look around and think how can we change this, and the only real option is sack the manager, and if anyone else has better solutions or solution to stop this becoming our worst run ever at the wrong end of the season in PL then please say, without the we have to stop sacking managers because that isn’t going to us for potentially going down. 
We have 9 games left and need a minimum of 9 points to have any chance of staying up, and let’s not forget we have potentially more points to be deducted. 
I really struggle to see us getting those points under Dyche and rather wait and see us fail to try and achieve that in the last 9 games, I see the option open to us is to change the manager in the the hope of changing our results by changing the players mindset. 
But like I say if people have better option then I’m sure we would all like to hear it. 

I genuinely believe he's lost the team.  Let's be honest it's not like we've never seen the signs before is it? 

there are some fans who back him but I think that's cos they think "who else will we get".  That's not a reason to keep an underperforming manager in the job.  There are a list of ex blues with coaching badges who would bring a bit of positivity to the team.  

There is no sign that we will suddenly improve, he had 3 weeks to get the team reinvigorated and all he could come out with was "we had one day to prepare". Quite possibly the most insulting pisstake of an answer I've heard. 

It’s time to stop making excuses for him and time to replace him whilst we still have the time to do so. 
I believe we are blindly heading out of this league, TT is not a fair representation of the rights or wrongs of whether he should be replaced, it will be interesting to see how him and his team are received in the next home game against Burnley, and god forbid if we lose or draw what the reaction will be. 
Personally if we lose to Newcastle without a good show I wouldn’t want to see him in charge against Burnley. 
We are talking about our future here and that’s surely the most important thing, not whether Dycke loses his job or not. 
No matter who the manager was at this moment I would be saying the same thing, no win in 12 and only 5 points with the real chance of relegation and a quarter of the season remaining, I would be calling for the manager to be replaced, so please don’t think I am saying this because I have an agenda against Dyche, I say this because I have a real fear we will be getting relegated if we stick with him.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

It’s time to stop making excuses for him and time to replace him whilst we still have the time to do so. 
I believe we are blindly heading out of this league, TT is not a fair representation of the rights or wrongs of whether he should be replaced, it will be interesting to see how him and his team are received in the next home game against Burnley, and god forbid if we lose or draw what the reaction will be. 
Personally if we lose to Newcastle without a good show I wouldn’t want to see him in charge against Burnley. 
We are talking about our future here and that’s surely the most important thing, not whether Dycke loses his job or not. 
No matter who the manager was at this moment I would be saying the same thing, no win in 12 and only 5 points with the real chance of relegation and a quarter of the season remaining, I would be calling for the manager to be replaced, so please don’t think I am saying this because I have an agenda against Dyche, I say this because I have a real fear we will be getting relegated if we stick with him.  

I'm there against Burnley and it's going to be an edgy affair. 

if the players don't show up vs Newcastle then he has to go. We don't have the time to do a deep dive into "is it the players or the manager".

The reality is i don't think we have anyone with the authority to sack him - otherwise I think he'd already be gone. 

its a mess 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I'm there against Burnley and it's going to be an edgy affair. 

if the players don't show up vs Newcastle then he has to go. We don't have the time to do a deep dive into "is it the players or the manager".

The reality is i don't think we have anyone with the authority to sack him - otherwise I think he'd already be gone. 

its a mess 

This is where Thelwell and Chong need to step up to the mark and earn their corn, instead of sitting on their laurels and hoping that whether we stay up or go down they will be safe. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is where Thelwell and Chong need to step up to the mark and earn their corn, instead of sitting on their laurels and hoping that whether we stay up or go down they will be safe. 

I honestly don't know who signed that piece off that was in the financials. A tribute to bill and inside there was details of expensive severances and massive debt etc.   

He had a respectful tribute before the Burnley game, fans who were annoyed at the state of the club behaved impeccably. To put that article in was baiting IMO and I don't think any of bills family would have thought "isn't that nice". 

Expect a loss here unless the players get a different mindset despite anything that may or may not be going on behind the scenes.They owe it to the shirt and "our wonderful supporters who follow us". They are professional footballers ffs, just play. 

5 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Expect a loss here unless the players get a different mindset despite anything that may or may not be going on behind the scenes.They owe it to the shirt and "our wonderful supporters who follow us". They are professional footballers ffs, just play. 

They do owe it to all the fans past and present and for the history of our great club, but I fear that not all the players see it that way, and Dyche’s now lost the ability to inspire them for what ever reason. 
And we the fans will bear the brunt and burden if things get worse, the players the management just pick their wages up and move on, they won’t lose any sleep or let effect their multimillion pound lifestyles. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

They do owe it to all the fans past and present and for the history of our great club, but I fear that not all the players see it that way, and Dyche’s now lost the ability to inspire them for what ever reason. 
And we the fans will bear the brunt and burden if things get worse, the players the management just pick their wages up and move on, they won’t lose any sleep or let effect their multimillion pound lifestyles. 

If I was dyche I would use this as a free hit and go 3-5-2.  Get dcl up front with Beto and try and get them amongst the goals... if we lose 4-3 then yeah at least we've tried to break out of this tepid, goal shy,"let's attack but make sure it's done with the intention to defend" mindset. 

A heavy defeat tonight and surely Dyche has gone. 
i can’t see us winning a draw would be great 

we need to be looking for a young attack minded manager even tonight go out and attack even if we get beat let’s have a go I’m sick of watching the same shite week in week out 

• Newcastle United have conceded three or more goals in 10 different Premier League games so far in 2023-24, having done so just twice in the whole of last season. They last did so in more different games in a campaign in 2013-14 (11).

• Everton have won just one of their past eight midweek (Tues, Weds, Thurs) Premier League games (D2 L5), though that was a 3-0 victory over Newcastle in the reverse fixture this season.

• Alexander Isak has scored in each of his past four Premier League home games for Newcastle. The last player to score in five in a row at St James’ Park for the Magpies was Yoan Gouffran between November and December 2013.

• Everton are winless in their past 12 Premier League games, drawing five and losing seven. The Toffees last had a longer run without a league victory between October and November 1957 (13).

• All four of Harvey Barnes’ Premier League goals for Newcastle this season have been as a substitute, including his match-winning brace against West Ham last time out. The only Newcastle player to score more from the bench in a campaign in the competition is Papiss Cissé in 2014-15 (5).

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If I was dyche I would use this as a free hit and go 3-5-2.  Get dcl up front with Beto and try and get them amongst the goals... if we lose 4-3 then yeah at least we've tried to break out of this tepid, goal shy,"let's attack but make sure it's done with the intention to defend" mindset. 

He definitely needs to try something different to change the situation, sticking with the same tactics and formation is tantamount to throwing in the towel imo for what it’s worth. 

2 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Sean “ it’s about making the right decisions” Dyche will go out to not lose- no thinking of winning as per usual.

Goal down and then Sean “ No plan B” Dyche will be stumped. 

unfortunately I can see 3 CB’s tonight with Ashley Young playing right wing back.

Yes, I’m a positive fucker I know. 😂

I can't see what you've said that isn't accurate 

This is a really difficult game to predict. On the one hand, Newcastle are on a high and we're on a low after Saturday's games. On the other hand, I can see our team being resolved to win it for Coleman; plus Newcastle have so many injured players. It could go either way.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

He definitely needs to try something different to change the situation, sticking with the same tactics and formation is tantamount to throwing in the towel imo for what it’s worth. 

I can see why you'd subscribe to this view, but we're still not playing badly and we are generating lots of chances. The issue remains what it's always been: We can't convert those chances. Maybe play both DC-L and Beto up front again, although Newcastle would be a dangerous team against which to try that tactic.

50 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I can see why you'd subscribe to this view, but we're still not playing badly and we are generating lots of chances. The issue remains what it's always been: We can't convert those chances. Maybe play both DC-L and Beto up front again, although Newcastle would be a dangerous team against which to try that tactic.

I would agree that we have been creating lots of chances bar the Bournemouth game which I hope doesn’t become the new norm. 
We have to find a formula where the team takes it’s chances, I was hoping that the 3 week break of intense training and tactics would have yielded a better performance, but it was probably our worst performance this season. 
I think as you said the 2 upfront might be a good option, players may be lifted by a more offensive approach instead of our defensive first approach. But we must start something different to try and change the outcome of the last 12 games, before we run out of time. 

you have to take these games as a free hit to try and do something different. Newcastle away is not and easy game and on paper might not really expect a result. However, they have a lot of players out, so it is a chance to have a real good go at them and Newcastle are not City or Arsenal. 

Are regard to Bournemouth game, I am never quite sure if and enforced break between games is a particulary good thing. Extra few days - great, but extra two weeks just throws routine. 

We are becoming desperate for 3 points to ease nerves. Just fucking go fot it, in a game like this,

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's actually playing young RW.  Unbelievable.  Play Patterson or Garner there before him!  FFS. 

unless Coleman is injured his exclusion from the squad is very concerning 

It's funny because while it makes no sense I sort of feel happy inside when I see him at RW rather than RB because at least I don't need to watch him get cooked down the sideline for 90 minutes