IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

Also, just as a side note....

Am I right in thinking that it doesn't matter how many shirts we sell, as Kitbag give us a fee and they take all profits from shirt sales (one reason why you can't actually buy Everton merch ANYWHERE! - no presence whatsoever on the high street). So surely buy changing the crest to make things more malleable ad sellable is purely to bolster the coffers of Nike?!

We are being bent over.

Also, just as a side note....

Am I right in thinking that it doesn't matter how many shirts we sell, as Kitbag give us a fee and they take all profits from shirt sales (one reason why you can't actually buy Everton merch ANYWHERE! - no presence whatsoever on the high street). So surely buy changing the crest to make things more malleable ad sellable is purely to bolster the coffers of Nike?!

We are being bent over.

any profit after the 3m we get, which this season probably won't happen considering the reaction. Expect Kitbag to lose a fair bit this year...

Everton is more/bigger than just a badge. We still have a MANAGER position to fill and we need to rebuild the squad for next season. We're going to have a hard time holding on to our top players come the next transfer window, at the same time bringing in good players. We have a skint board with no money. All this hoo-haa about a badge. I don't like it, but it's done, it's here, let's move on!

Everton is more/bigger than just a badge. We still have a MANAGER position to fill and we need to rebuild the squad for next season. We're going to have a hard time holding on to our top players come the next transfer window, at the same time bringing in good players. We have a skint board with no money. All this hoo-haa about a badge. I don't like it, but it's done, it's here, let's move on!

This.... people losing perspective on this topic

I know it's mad but people can care about more than one thing at once you know :P. Just because someone isn't happy about the badge doesn't mean they've forgotten about the manager situation (and everything else you've listed).

If I had £1 for every non-Everton fan who has asked me why we have a helter skelter on our badge I would be a wealthy man - really wealthy if I had £100,000 for every time. So, looking at it from their point of view and from my own where I don't have to just smile any longer, while thinking about setting fire, to those who know what it is and are just taking the piss when they call it a helter skelter (because, like it or not, that's exactly what it looked like) changing the design of it to what it resembles more is not a bad thing. Now I'll just have to explain why we have a "Fair Maiden's" hat, like those seen at jousting competitons, without the veil 'streamers'on it, on our badge!

As we're called The Toffees why not have something associated with toffee on there?

As we're called/we call ourselves The Dogs of War why not have something to do with dogs or war on there?

Do you think it wouldn't sell, or something?

Stuff will fly off the shelves with the new badge on and most of the 14k petitioners will be first in thequeue when their missus' tell them to get up the club shop for Young Dunc's birthday!

Change! A terrible thing! Bring back vinyl, I say - something tactile!

I recreated the criteria that the club set themselves to design a new logo. It was pieced together from screenshots from the EvertonTV video.

t6Ehu8h.png

I think the problem is with the criteria, I don't think the "Everton" text is needed, let alone needed to be made more prominent.

1878 has been on the badge for two decades, nearly everyone knows that it's the year Everton were founded (as St. Domingos). I don't think it's needed anymore.

I don't think that "Old fashioned" is always a bad thing.. next to item described as old fashioned, there is the text modernise.

I think they've scrapped the laurels because they described them as historic and traditional, there are other items already on the list with those attributes so they probably didn't want to duplicate an element with those values.