IGNORED

Bobby v Moyes - if you could have moyes back now would you?

Let's see how things stand after the next two games. If we win them both, then Champions League is a real possibility. If we lose them both, we're mid-table this year.

:huh: Not sure how you can say either of those things! We are a third of the way through the season, the next 2 games (Utd and Arsenal) wont have the impact youre suggesting - there would still be 23 games to play after having played 15! That said there are 6 points up for grabs which would certainly help or hinder, but not to the extent that the season is a foregone conclusion

I bet Moyes is relieved he isn't playing us at Goodison - under the lights with the anger at his behaviour would create a couldron that would be tough to be matched anywhere, it would have more spice than a derby game.

It would be like going to the same party as your ex mrs who is with her new rich husband, except your new bird is way tidier, is a good laugh and you just can't wait to see the look on the ex's face when she realises "blimey, he's moved on - he doesn't even miss me". You just want to see the ex at the end of the night with mascara running down her face having a barney with her new bloke who seems ready to dump her.

Hopefully we can play them off the park and get the manc fans booing the team. Big, big game.

:huh: Not sure how you can say either of those things! We are a third of the way through the season, the next 2 games (Utd and Arsenal) wont have the impact youre suggesting - there would still be 23 games to play after having played 15! That said there are 6 points up for grabs which would certainly help or hinder, but not to the extent that the season is a foregone conclusion

Because these are the games we'll need to win to make it to the top four. If we can't beat ManU and Arsenal, with ManC and Chelsea pretty much guaranteed a top four place, then we won't make it. These two games, in many respects, could determine our season. Do we have the strength, depth, character, and tactics - even while missing three key players - to beat reputedly the best teams England can offer? Honestly, I think we have a shot - although Arsenal will be the tougher nut to crack.

Let's see how things stand after the next two games. If we win them both, then Champions League is a real possibility. If we lose them both, we're mid-table this year.

Because these are the games we'll need to win to make it to the top four. If we can't beat ManU and Arsenal, with ManC and Chelsea pretty much guaranteed a top four place, then we won't make it. These two games, in many respects, could determine our season. Do we have the strength, depth, character, and tactics - even while missing three key players - to beat reputedly the best teams England can offer? Honestly, I think we have a shot - although Arsenal will be the tougher nut to crack.

Spot on Cornish. These next 3 games in someways (Soton are proving a tough nut to crack as well!) will indicate how well we are going to do, or at least how well we can do. If we get 6+ points we will be well in the mix but less than that will probably see us remain on the fringes.

I get what Steve means. If we come away from the next two games with six points, maybe nine after the Fulham game, that will put us not only in champions league places, but that will have us pushing for the title. Now I don't think we have any chance of winning the league. But a win at Old Trafford and at the emirates would really create some momentum, huge momentum that would scare a few so called bigger teams.

Personally I'll be made up with two draws, it keeps our good form going. But the way we've started this season I'll be gutted if we lost both. These games could be a great foundation for what comes next, a tough Christmas period. Win our Christmas games and that puts us in a very strong position.

I'm excited and nervous for Wednesday, if we win I think I'll cry.

"Are you watching David Moyes?"

Best defense in the league at the moment. Tied with Southampton with just 13 goals against and sole leader in clean sheets with 8.

Oops, Arsenal have even less goals against. But we are the clean sheets leader!

Edited by Steve_E

Simple answer to OP

No!!

Think it was perfect time for the change for both him and us, funny seeing United fans on forums saying Moyes is too negative or

defensive when we could see this all along, hopefully we can tick off another achievement Moyes never managed with us on Sunday

and win at the Emirates, although I'll admit I won't be going into that game as optimistic as I did tonight, but why not eh???

Either way great win tonight great game to watch!! Was tough to pick my MOTM as great all round perfomance!

And all the papers said it was an injury crisis with Baines being out, 2 in 2 from Oviedo now can't argue with that!!!

Edited by Blue Oz

Loved what he said after the game. I'm paraphrasing: "After 12 or 13 years, it was important to change that mentality". Bringing guns to the gunfight.

Bring guns to the gunfight and you have a better chance of getting out alive....someone should've told Moyes that years ago :).

Guest blueboy122

Absolutely love Martinez, knew he was the man for the job.

However one test is yet to come: How we respond after going through a bad patch.

We are in dream land at the moment with the football and tactics he has brought to the club.

Classy guy as well,

I love Martinez' veiled digs. While Moyes' are in an effort to piss the opposition off, Roberto uses them to talk his own side up.

I love his interviews and try and watch them all but hardly watched Moyes being interviewed due to how negative they were.

I'm the same. Couldn't stand the pre-post match comments of Moyes for the last 7/8 years, but i'll happily sit through Roberto's.

Sometimes its soo positive, its sickly aha.

Bring guns to the gunfight and you have a better chance of getting out alive....someone should've told Moyes that years ago :).

Its not even a gun fight. Its just bringing fists to a fist fight as far as im concerned. Got to throw a punch to get a knock out. Winning by points is just too risky in your opponents back yard.

Too many boxing analogies from me lately.

However one test is yet to come: How we respond after going through a bad patch.

I have a solution, lets just not have a bad patch?! :guns:

Edited by StevO

Martinez actually said Everton had to overcome a " mental block " playing top sides drilled into them for the previous 11 years -

at the end of the game there were only 6 Moyes regulars on the pitch -

Maybe Moyes said what he said about Everton not needing a manager because he saw what was coming -

No I wouldn't take Moyes back. I thank him for what he has done for Everton. Transformed the team into what it is today. If I had a choice though then no, no I wouldn't take him back. By the end of his stay it got a little bit stalemate. Where we would be aiming for a top 7 finish.

Under Martinez we look a totally different team. Even Jags is learning to adapt, he still does hoof the ball now and again but he is passing it more along the ground. Also what attracts me to Bobby is how quick we are on the counter. It used to be that for some reason we couldn't do that with Moyes.

Moyes time was up at Everton and he will always be remembered for transforming the club to what it is today. He is one of Evertons great managers. He has been a bit of a tw@t since leaving Everton but that is the way it is when you have a new job at a bigger club.

No I wouldn't take Moyes back. I thank him for what he has done for Everton. Transformed the team into what it is today. If I had a choice though then no, no I wouldn't take him back. By the end of his stay it got a little bit stalemate. Where we would be aiming for a top 7 finish.

Under Martinez we look a totally different team. Even Jags is learning to adapt, he still does hoof the ball now and again but he is passing it more along the ground. Also what attracts me to Bobby is how quick we are on the counter. It used to be that for some reason we couldn't do that with Moyes.

Moyes time was up at Everton and he will always be remembered for transforming the club to what it is today. He is one of Evertons great managers. He has been a bit of a tw@t since leaving Everton but that is the way it is when you have a new job at a bigger club.

I have a new response to the continued justification of giving Moyes a break being that "he saved us from relegation"

JOE ROYLE - he did that, won a trophy and didn't drag another 7 years of highly rewarded, sand bagging, dour, stale, "give me more money or I will hold you to ransom over lack of transfer funds"...

Not to say you are, but at the moment it is the only thing that is stopping Moyes receiving pure hatred from all corners.