Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Predict our result - The Game!

Seen a few forums that have their own prediction league, just on their own club.

The idea is to guess the score and the 1st goalscorer.

Points are as follows ... 1 POINT for the correct result , 2 POINTS for the correct score, and 3 points for the correct 1st goalscorer

So if Everton win this weekend 2-1 with jelavic scoring first it would look like this ....

Norwich 1-2 Everton.

Jelavic

Thats 1 for the right result 2 for the right score, and 3 for the 1st scorer = 6points

if Everton dont win and Jelavic does'nt score its nil points

Sounds complicated but it isnt. anybody can have a go,

I would look after it but would leave it to Admin / Mods to choose where it should go.

To give everybody a chance we should start it next game West Brom, it will give everybody a chance to see it, cos not everyone is on TT every day.

I'll leave it to you Admin.

Was going to say I'll pin it but someone already has :lol:.

So if we're starting with West Brom we can use the Norwich game as a "pre season friendly".

One question....is the "first scorer" the first Everton scorer or the first of either side (guessing it's the second one)?

Anyway....

Norwich 2 Everton 4

Mirallas.

Make it our first scorer, not going to keep tabs this week but i think everybody gets the drift,

If anybody forgets to put a scorer down it is void, if the game ends up a 0-0 you must indicate your scorer as None.

if you just leave it blank its void.

Norwich 1-0 Everton.

None

I'll put the West Brom game up as soon as Norwich is finished, give everybody a chance to have a go.

In that case, i've edited mine to show our scorer.

And this week counts Bill! you've got people interested and involved, can't change it now :P

No its only a dummy run, a lot of people will miss out on this weeks score because its gone up too late.

So many different versions of putting it down wrong, its so simple really just do it as it is ....

Norwich 1-2 Everton

Jelavic

West Brom 2-0 Everton

none

Pete, you'll have to nominate the player who will score an own goal.

2-1 Everton

Osman

1-0 Everton, Fellaini

1-1. Everton goal from Jelavic.

Norwich 1 - 3 Everton

Own Goal

0-2

Jelavic

1-1

Mirallas

Everton 2 Norwich 0

Mirallas

Yeah thats it Pete, you just cant say own goal, you have 11 chances for someone to score an OG, Where as everybody else has to nominate just one player.

Norwich 1-3 Everton

Ruddy [og]

Laid out like that is fine. ;)

Wait do we need to say which Everton player will score first? Because I reckon Norwich are going to score first with van Wolfswinkel scoring but I reckon the score will be Norwich 1 - 2 Everton....

Everton scorers only, unless its a case of own goal, in which case its a Norwich player.

Whoever scores for Everton 1st, regardless of team. Think thats a better way of putting it! (hope ive got it right now :D)

Everton scorers only, unless its a case of own goal, in which case its a Norwich player.

Whoever scores for Everton 1st, regardless of team. Think thats a better way of putting it! (hope ive got it right now :D)

Oki doki, Then I predict Norwich 1 - 2 Everton with Jelavic scoring for Everton first.

Oki doki, Then I predict Norwich 1 - 2 Everton with Jelavic scoring for Everton first.

Can everybody write it down like this please ....

Norwich 1-2 Everton

Jelavic

I dont need anything else, I have to check all these and it will be easier if they are all written down correctly.

Rustics 1 Everton 1

(Hoolahan)

No good DK, go back and read the posts, that might be OK in the matchday thread, but not in this one.

Put it down properly or disqualification

So if I predict

1-0 Norwich

And that was correct, I would get 6 points?

(1 for correct result, 2 for correct score and 3 for correct scorer (none) )

No because you put it down wrong I'm assuming you think Norwich will win therfore you would put it down like this,

Norwich 1-0 Everton

None

I can see i'l be packing this in before its even Started, any predictions that are put down wrong will not be counted.

No because you put it down wrong I'm assuming you think Norwich will win therfore you would put it down like this,

Norwich 1-0 Everton

None

I can see i'l be packing this in before its even Started, any predictions that are put down wrong will not be counted.

That's what I meant but yeah, I was just trying to clear up any confusion.

I've already put my prediction up.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25453-predict-our-result/?p=359078

Yeah thats it Pete, you just cant say own goal, you have 11 chances for someone to score an OG, Where as everybody else has to nominate just one player.

Norwich 1-3 Everton

Ruddy [og]

Laid out like that is fine. ;)

Cheers, Bill.

Norwich 1-3 Everton

Ruddy [og]

After a quick run through al of the predictions [30 of them]. only six of them managed any points.

Kohen ----------- 3 RR+RS

JTStanley ------- 3 RR+RS

Bailey ------------ 3 GS

Fairwooney------1 RR

Cornish Steve---1 RR

Bret Angel-------1 RR

Mike Preece ----1 RR

RR = Right Result = 1

RS = Right Score = 2

GS = Goal scorer = 3

This was just a dummy run anyway, I'll try and get it in to some sort of a league format for next week.

Predict our score for the coming week, If the prediction is not done correctly it will be null and void. Below is an example of how it should be written down, any different format wont be marked.

Everton 2-2 West Brom

Osman

Edited ... I put it down wrong. :wacko: