IGNORED

Same old Everton

MC11

This thread makes me angry!

3 points better off than last season. If we played Crystal Palace and won we would have been 6 points better off with the same amount of games played than last season.

Lukaku 9 goals 5 assists isn't a bad return and he has been injured for 3 weeks now. If he played in those matches then who knows he MIGHT of got more assists and goals. Traore - Monaco paid 15 million for him on the 4th January. (I know they have a lot of money anyway but lets see how the lad does first before having a go at not having a proven goal scorer).

You complain that we don't have a Sturridge, Suarez or Adebayor (I do not know why you put Adebayor in the equation, great talent but boy is he one lazy footballer). I would rather Lukaku than Adebayor. Lukaku always gives it his all when I see him play.

It has been one season with Martinez in charge and so far he got Barry on loan. (GREAT move). Gerard Deulofeu loan. (Has the potential to be a brilliant player). Lukaku when he first come in was scoring for fun, he has hit a spell where he hasn't been scoring but come on, Suarez has scored 1 in 6 games but has got assists. Lukaku got 2 assists in 2 games before getting injured in the Liverpool match. Ok one of them just bounced off his head but still.

Yes - we lost against Spurs but we didn't deserve it to be honest. We had our chances but never took them, we played well in my opinion and Spurs know that they were lucky to win.

We are never going to attract brilliant players like Suarez, Aguero, RvP. We have had a few minor slip ups but the season isn't over yet!.

Liverpool didn't strengthen in January, either did Spurs. Yet they can bang 3 goals against Fulham and 4 against Newcastle. Martinez strengthened in the areas he thought we needed, RM (McGeady), ST (Traore). Defense is good enough till the end of the season and Traore hasn't even kicked a ball yet.

So come on, lets see how we do come the end of the season before judging. If we finish 6th and get into the Europa league in his first season I would say that was a positive result. Obviously I would want to be in the champions league but if we get into the Europa that is a job well done too. Stop being so negative! :)

Liverpool were top at Christmas and have dropped down the table and now they are only 4 points behind Chelsea. Every team has a patch where they slip up. COYB

Likewise.....ridiculous not to.

dunno about that. I understand that concerns of playing in Europe, it is an extra effort required and with a thin squad it could have an impact. Plus, EL isnt going to bring in enough money to enhance the squad as much as the CL would.

All that said, I would never turn down the opportunity. I'm hoping we qualify as the FA Cup winners and 5th :)

dunno about that. I understand that concerns of playing in Europe, it is an extra effort required and with a thin squad it could have an impact. Plus, EL isnt going to bring in enough money to enhance the squad as much as the CL would.

All that said, I would never turn down the opportunity. I'm hoping we qualify as the FA Cup winners and 5th :)

In which case we have to start throwing games so we finish eighth (plus lose a cup game on purpose)....because that's the only way we're sure not to get in.

Does that sound ridiculous enough?

In which case we have to start throwing games so we finish eighth (plus lose a cup game on purpose)....because that's the only way we're sure not to get in.

Does that sound ridiculous enough?

yes.

I just acknowledged the concerns, didnt say I stood by them as my own!

Oh, and to clarify, Im only hoping to win the cup and finish 5th provided we dont finish 4th of course ;)

yes.

I just acknowledged the concerns, didnt say I stood by them as my own!

Oh, and to clarify, Im only hoping to win the cup and finish 5th provided we dont finish 4th of course ;)

I know....it just winds me up.

Twice I've posted on here in great detail (and in previous years) how European progress has done no harm whatsoever to our league form so there's no reason why it should again and every f'king year people come on with shite about it only earning us £2.50 and "look what it did to Swansea/whoever".

European nights at Goodison are superb and I'm sure the foreign trips are even better.....what the fuck do people who support Everton want? I was thirty yards from Eusabio a few years back; and the noise from the Portuguese fans was incredible. Lost the game but I'll never forget the night!

New manager

New playing style

New players

New backroom staff

Hit by injuries to multiple players

Amassed more points at this point in the season then last

Only 16 pts off our highest ever finish with a potential 36 up for grabs

FA cup 5th round at home against a favourable team

A great chance of European football

Five points off 5th with a game in hand

Liverpool will drop points and 4th is not completely out of the question although it is a big ask

AND SO ON.....

The first five points alone make this season a great one for me thus far when you really take into account the effects each one can have on a side....

Anyone would think this was a United forums thread with how negative some are we've had no fall from grace nor have we had a bad season so far and with players coming back into the fold things will hopefully pick up from now on.

Edited by EFC-Paul

would bring in more money than we're getting now...granted it's a few more games but it would give us a chance to give some of the younger lads a competitive game

Who actually wants Europa League?

I know I don't...

Ideal for the fringe players - thats it, and the fans sorry!

But yeah, I feel as though we do need to focus on the league - however the fringe players could progress us far.

Edited by Hafnia

I thought it was 5th or 6th never known it to be 7th.

This is total guesswork now, but say if the 2 cups were won by the top 2 in the league, beating 3rd and 4th in the finals, then would Europa spots go to 5th place (as normal) but also to 6th and 7th places instead of the cup runners up, due to them already being in the CL via league position? I'm probably wrong, just a guess

Big difference over this season compared to under moyes for me?

I love watching our football. even when we lose we feel hard done by, we never feel like we dont have a chance.

how many defeats have we had with this list of injurys?

We are still in the FA cup and still in with a chance of European football. We have exciting players that entertain us and have raised our profile from the dogs of war.

We have striker issues i agree. but we have also had some real bad luck. dont forget Traore was on the bench last night too.

I know....it just winds me up.

Twice I've posted on here in great detail (and in previous years) how European progress has done no harm whatsoever to our league form so there's no reason why it should again and every f'king year people come on with shite about it only earning us £2.50 and "look what it did to Swansea/whoever".

European nights at Goodison are superb and I'm sure the foreign trips are even better.....what the fuck do people who support Everton want? I was thirty yards from Eusabio a few years back; and the noise from the Portuguese fans was incredible. Lost the game but I'll never forget the night!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I loved going to the European games, seeing Goodison under the lights and rocking most of the time. And we had some memorable nights. That Fiorentina game will live long in my memory. Yeah we didn't get the result we needed but we absolutely battered them that night, Goodison was a bear pit and if not for Frey we'd have beaten them comfortably and gone into the next round.

I miss the European games and I'd give anything to get them back even though it was a bitch playing Sunday in the league.

This thread makes

You complain that we don't have a Sturridge, Suarez or Adebayor (I do not know why you put Adebayor in the equation, great talent but boy is he one lazy footballer). I would rather Lukaku than Adebayor. Lukaku always gives it his all when I see him play.

Adebayor has 8 goals in 10 games. Lukaku has 9 in over 20. Fucking huge difference.

How on earth can you say Lukaku gives it his all. I've seen him stink the place out numerous times this season!

Edited by MiguelCotto

Adebuyor also had Eriksson feeding him. Its been pointed out a few times, since Barkley stopped playing, Lukaku got no service.

That's tripe mate. How many assists has Eriksen given Adebayor? How many has Barkley give Lukaku. Lukaku just isn't all that!

That's tripe mate. How many assists has Eriksen given Adebayor? How many has Barkley give Lukaku. Lukaku just isn't all that!

apologies, dont know why I keep getting his name wrong :rolleyes:

May not have been the direct assist but hes certainly been a creative force since being put behind Adebayor. We certainly lost a creative force (no matter how frustrating he can be) and the goals stopped coming as often. Add on top of that the years of Adebayor playing at the highest level for 8 years compared to a 20 year old in his 2nd full Lukaku, not all that? Disagree but think weve already had this debate so wont carry on

Cotto...so you had no expectations at all? But now that we are sat comfortably in 6th with a game in hand, its not good enough?! And whats all this 'grow a set ffs' stuff about?! As you can see from the responses, your views are thankfully in the minority...again. But at least you stirred up some convo, it was starting to go a bit stale!!

Honestly, I cant believe fans exsist who wouldnt want us in the europa. Unbelievable. Spoke about this in another thread.

And as for the illusion that the CL will automatically bring in a load of cash...it bloody doesnt!!! Again, have spoke about this in another thread.

I understand there is a bit of natural frustration that we arent sat in 4th, having been there for a short while, but you have to remember...no one expected 4th this season...and to get it we have to out gun some big spenders.

We'll get there eventually. ..but we'll do it the Everton way. And fans will have to be patient and appreciate the Everton way will become the only way.

Lukaku seems to be under a 2:1 striker which is ok but not good enough for top 4. You need someone with a better ratio. At least 20-25 goals a season leading the line.

I find him more than not "static", very lethargic. Very rare you see him make opportunity for himself. His link up play is non existant. His touch and passing ability is atrocious. I would not be putting a £20m egg towards that basket.

Wow. Just wow.

Granted I'm feeling a little frustrated at the moment because I was getting used to us winning every game.

The fact is we are beyond where we were last year. We are playing football that we've dreamed about.

All this against a brand new manager, lots of new faces, lots of "kids" in the team.

I think we've done brilliantly well this season. Yes its not enough but I have great optimism for the future.

This is Barkleys first proper year. Lukaku is still only 20. McCarthy is still young etc

We miss that special striker up front yes. Even if Lukaku doesn't reach the heights of Suarez he's still the best striker we've had at the club in years. £20m would be a bargain. What's Suarez worth £80-100m? Its just unrealistic to expect that we are going to go out and buy one of those. Was Suarez the player he is now when they first signed him. No.

Be positive. Support your team. The future is bright but its not instant overnight success and getting on people's back doesn't do anyone any good.

Cotto...so you had no expectations at all? But now that we are sat comfortably in 6th with a game in hand, its not good enough?! And whats all this 'grow a set ffs' stuff about?! As you can see from the responses, your views are thankfully in the minority...again. But at least you stirred up some convo, it was starting to go a bit stale!!

Honestly, I cant believe fans exsist who wouldnt want us in the europa. Unbelievable. Spoke about this in another thread.

And as for the illusion that the CL will automatically bring in a load of cash...it bloody doesnt!!! Again, have spoke about this in another thread.

I understand there is a bit of natural frustration that we arent sat in 4th, having been there for a short while, but you have to remember...no one expected 4th this season...and to get it we have to out gun some big spenders.

We'll get there eventually. ..but we'll do it the Everton way. And fans will have to be patient and appreciate the Everton way will become the only way.

The expectations from me have always been the same "Champions League qualification".

The squad was improved, dead wood shipped out and decent younger talent brought in. So I suppose I expected more once I'd seem what was on the books. The first 3 games where shite. I remember West Brom at home and thinking this is going to be a long season.

At present Martinez hasn't eclipsed Moyes for me. It's all very similar, except the football seems to be a lot better. That's not to say we didn't play good stuff under Moyes.

Lukaku seems to be under a 2:1 striker which is ok but not good enough for top 4. You need someone with a better ratio. At least 20-25 goals a season leading the line.

I find him more than not "static", very lethargic. Very rare you see him make opportunity for himself. His link up play is non existant. His touch and passing ability is atrocious. I would not be putting a £20m egg towards that basket.

would be ideal, and in my opinion its what he will become :)