Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Oumar Niasse

Still working out the permit? FFS he's been training the whole break I'm sure he's more fit than Kone

Really? That's a joke.

I honestly thought it was down to fitness, but if it's contract hold up then surely we did something wrong.

Really? That's a joke.

I honestly thought it was down to fitness, but if it's contract hold up then surely we did something wrong.

I don't know shukes I'm guessing. He has been training the whole winter break, signed 2 weeks ago he should be good to go.

I'm wondering how he can't make the bench. We needed him today.

Really? That's a joke.

pretty sure it's already been confirmed as a fitness issue

I don't know shukes I'm guessing. He has been training the whole winter break, signed 2 weeks ago he should be good to go.

I'm wondering how he can't make the bench. We needed him today.

Ye just the type of player we need. Someone to run at them directly and force things to happen.

:rofl:

And the amount of whining you do about scape-goating!

I'm just excited to see someone offer more than "the ox", Kone.

Sorry Matt but lukaku has been pretty abysmal for weeks now. I don't think it's a fitness or tiredness issue.

If we see kone on the pitch it's because Rom isnt doing the fundamentals. That's what happened today. Another game where the ball was bouncing in the penalty area without our main an actually showing a desire to get there.

Can't criticise his goal return this year but I'm far from impressed by his application recently.

Which begs the question; why not have him on the bench so he can come on and, erm, build his fitness up?!

Theres no room on the bench for any young players there's too much dead wood there.

He was available for the Stoke game but he hasn't played any football since 10 December due to the winter brake in Russia so Roberto thinks he isn't match fit

Yes but surely he was training with his team still and on his own so he could play the second half of the season. I still don't understand this.

You know what Martinez is like with players Mark who aren't deemed match fit or quite ready I wouldn't read anymore into it tbh

The sooner he's upto speed the better for me anyone who has the potential to keep Kone out of the side is a hero in my book the man is shite

An immediate impact be great, but I also understand that he needs time to adapt.

Keeping Kone out of the side is a net positive impact on the side, it's hard to be worse that Kone.

I think the Lukaku comments say a lot. "Raw, very raw" really does sound like he's crap. For him to then talk only about his strength really makes me wonder.

Could be wrong though, Lukaku being foreign there could be some lost in translation

His goal record in a poor league doesn't look too bad. However I watched a full game on Youtube, Lokomotiv v Zenit and he didn't look much at all. Certainly not a 13.5m player. But that's just one game.

He made be the type of player we need to pounce of on oppositions' defensive mistakes. He's seems like the kind of player who pesters the back line.

This. It sounds like he creates chaos through sheer amount of work and pace/power. Not so much through technique.

Should open up space for other players.

he needs to make the bench or start FA cup match or something is fishy. shouldn't take a month when the lad has been working out the whole break. we spent a lot of money on this guy, i'm expecting a lot.

Fear not, Mark. I had a prescient dream last night that Niasse scores on his debut. A low cross from the left that he buries into the roof of the net with his right foot from close range.

Wife about to give birth, not played since December, new surroundings and team mates, damaged wrist, high expectations.....

I would give him a 2 week pass to be fair - up till WBA we had won 3 on the bounce.

Wife about to give birth, not played since December, new surroundings and team mates, damaged wrist, high expectations.....

I would give him a 2 week pass to be fair - up till WBA we had won 3 on the bounce.

I would rather have new blood than kone at the moment even a youth player.

I'd rather have Lukaku putting a shift in that means that we don't need to put a player in to do the stuff he should be doing.

Let's be honest that man isn't Kone though he's shite I agree Lukaku needs to pull his finger out at times but Martinez's persistence with Kone is mind boggling

Let's be honest that man isn't Kone though he's shite I agree Lukaku needs to pull his finger out at times but Martinez's persistence with Kone is mind boggling

I agree - I think Kone was a signing that "at the time" was probably prudent. He knew he wanted McCarthy and that Jelavic and Vic were not the answer. He needed a player who could operate across the front line - and he can.

The situation has changed - Kone to a degree has served his purpose. The team is better than the one RM took over, we have the money and hopefully Niasse is the man to put pressure on Rom - not just to be his work servant.

Sounds to me like he just got a bit too excited about having the chance to play for the EVERTON!!! :D

In the past, when I've had such 'sprains', it's only taken me a few days before I'm back in action.

Don't need to know about you masturbation habits WW :lol:.

Very early days but he's a unit and if he's as quick as many say I can see him being a nuisance for defenders

Could be completely wrong but I just have a feeling he'll be very good for us once he's settled

That back heel he done looked really poor technique. I really ain't getting my hopes up for a super star.

He's certainly awkward. But, I'm fairly certain all of his touches were positive in terms of our attacking play.

You know who else has poor technique? Jamie Vardy. How's he doing these days? 19 goals and 5 assists in the league. Certainly not a skills video type of player. But, he makes things happen. So, as long as Niasse helps us put balls in the back of the net, I'll be happy. We will have to wait and see how he pans out. But, he didn't look lost out there, which was a good sign.

Don't dis Straq. Legend.

no dissing there, just a valid comparison except this lad cost nearly £15m.

I've not written anyone off until they've had a chance to prove themselves, which has some times slapped me in the face doing so!