IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

I keep thinking .... If this fella is as good as everybody says he is, why the fook did they spend a king's ransom on Pogba.

I'm a bit wary of this one, so I won't be here with my tongue hanging out, until I actually see him playing. (If we do get him)

Completely different players that offer completely different values to a team.

We play with two central midfielders who need to be able to tackle and pass. Schneiderlin would be ideal next to Gana in our midfield.

United seem to play with Carrick holding back, Pogba covering the left side and another covering to the right. Schneiderlin would probably have to take Carrick place but they still rate him highly.

Why do we take so long to do anything??

There is no excuse for the hold up here, all parties want it to happen. Just pay the fucking money Everton and sign him.

Pisses me off it really does.

He's been surplus to requirements since the summer, we should have had it all sown up during the first part of the season and had it ready to be announced as soon as the window opened.

We play with two central midfielders who need to be able to tackle and pass. Schneiderlin would be ideal next to Gana in our midfield.

United seem to play with Carrick holding back, Pogba covering the left side and another covering to the right. Schneiderlin would probably have to take Carrick place but they still rate him highly.

Carrick is their distributor, is usually the easy option for the CB's to find and when under pressure has the calmness and build to drop back and win headers/pick up the AM runner/move the won back ball out quickly either to the break runner or the empty wing. His quite excellent passing is the key to his game, means he isn't busting a gut game in game out which keeps games in his legs instead of having games worked out of him.

If we get Schneiderlin, and partner him up with Gueye, we'll need another worker bee to operate on whichever flank opposite to where we have our winger, unless we are going to play two wingers and drop Barkley.

Nice options to have, to vary play and tactics, we are on the cusp of significant change.

He's been surplus to requirements since the summer, we should have had it all sown up during the first part of the season and had it ready to be announced as soon as the window opened.

Yep, absolutely spot on. But as per usual a 2-3 week haggle will commence which will either see someone nick him off us or him miss a months worth of games where he could be settled in and helping the team.

Moshiri money or not, fuck all changes when it comes to us and transfers.

If we get Schneiderlin, and partner him up with Gueye, we'll need another worker bee to operate on whichever flank opposite to where we have our winger, unless we are going to play two wingers and drop Barkley.

Why cant we play two wingers and Barkley? Like we have done for about four years now.

Most of the season so far we have played Gana and Barry in midfield, Barkley in front and two wingers. Schneiderlin can just replace Barry. Job done.

Who knows what happening? We have to rely on good old rumours because our club likes to do things do secretly. Which is good...but a bit annoying at times like this!

Anyway, I hope we ain't haggling over a couple of mill. United want the full £24mill that they paid for him. In today's market, and in January especially, he's worth it.

I reckon the sticking point will be more to do with paying structures or monies left to pay from previous transfers.

Koeman will not settle for 1 or 2 signings, I believe there will be more than that.

I'm sure he had a similar view in last window but by the looks of it it's out of his hands

If the rumours of Kone now going (please) are true then I can see more coming in but only if we offload one or two

I'm sure he had a similar view in last window but by the looks of it it's out of his hands

If the rumours of Kone now going (please) are true then I can see more coming in but only if we offload one or two

Summer window was different, Koeman did not know the squad then, and Walsh only came in later on so there was not the time to properly evaluate the players, identify replacements and bring them in.

This window there will be more of an idea of who needs replacing and some targets identified, but its harder to get them. However I still think Moshiri, Koeman, and Walsh will not be messing around. We will just have wait for the end of the window and then judge.

Not at all. I'm not suse what it is, we just seem to balls it up all the time. Money I suppose is the least of our worries.

Previously I would agree with you, but with Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh we have a different mindset now. Look at the progress towards the stadium.

Its too early to judge but I hope (prey) that we will have a successful window and bring in 4 or 5 players.

I don't think we've ballsed up that many in recent years have we Aiden? Or am I just being forgetful?

There's only Sissoko that I can think of. Can't think of many that have real substance to them.

Granted we don't rush though.

Edited by StevO