IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

The fact you still can't see it only provides further proof for my point mate.

Matt.... I'm more than happy to compare my points/opinions/predictions of lukaku over the past few years to where he is now and how they are still highly relevant.

He may not be playing for fenerbache or in China just yet but his trajectory is certainly not far off. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Blindly in their own half, every player? I only remember 2. One in the first half, unsure who, were the ball was played between the 2 centre halves and Coleman then sprinted to get there before a Palace player. The other was Gana, again. Does it ever match, he's a liability. 

2. Looked like a lost school boy. 

3. Richarlison is still learning but he's definitely got more sense than Gana. Seriously focus on how he occupies space defensively or even worse the positions he gets on going forward looks like he's hiding at times, he doesn't understand that he should move forward/backwards a yard or two to create space. He's got zero football awareness. 

4. So three chances and the only handful was on the left mostly. Palace bypassed our midfield with long balls down the wings, very little to do defensively in the middle. 

PeteO, you just pretty much described a scenario where our central midfield restricted palace to zero chances. 

I agree with you.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Wtf you on about you nutter have I mentioned any where in any post about wearing shirts ,to save you time the answer is no I fucking haven’t, believe me he’s not the super star you think he is in the scale of the best midfielders to play for Everton he would rank near the bottom not the top get a fucking grip man. 

Stop swearing you naughty boy. No need to get angry just because Gana is playing well. 

On your point though... where have I said he’s a superstar? Don’t bother looking because you already know full well the answer. 

But you are doing the same as PeteO, making things up to try and deflect your obvious inability to admit to being wrong. Yes I know it’s just your opinion, and your welcome to it..... your still wrong though.

You really need to step back, look at the player for what he is, read your own posts.... and take your advice.... get a grip!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Stop swearing you naughty boy. No need to get angry just because Gana is playing well. 

On your point though... where have I said he’s a superstar? Don’t bother looking because you already know full well the answer. 

But you are doing the same as PeteO, making things up to try and deflect your obvious inability to admit to being wrong. Yes I know it’s just your opinion, and your welcome to it..... your still wrong though.

You really need to step back, look at the player for what he is, read your own posts.... and take your advice.... get a grip!

I think your the one who makes things up refer back to your original post then show me were I’ve said he the worst player to wear an Everton shirt or any shirt for that matter, what is it fake news or little liar 🤥 

Just now, Palfy said:

I think your the one who makes things up refer back to your original post then show me were I’ve said he the worst player to wear an Everton shirt or any shirt for that matter, what is it fake news or little liar 🤥 

Let’s not play school children Palf, show me where I said you did say it 🤪 we could go on forever.

Im not going to look back through all you’re posts, but have you ever said, or insinuated that he isn’t fit to wear our shirt?

If not then I appologise for generalising you with PeteO. But facts are facts, he CAN pass, 90+% shows it. He Has been involved in a three match winning streak.... that no matter what you say.... counts big time. You both will continue to look for any mistake he makes to try and prove your flawed theory on him..... while ignoring the rest of the team. 

You say people won’t critisize him when he makes a mistake or plays bad...... yet you know full well that I, and others regularly do. 

I have mentioned many times that I don’t see him as our top four answer, but he’s more than good enough for now. Yet you make out I talk about him as a superstar? I never do, never. The problem is that people probably do stick up for him more than they should, but that’s because the case against him is so lopsided and unfair. 

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

PeteO, you just pretty much described a scenario where our central midfield restricted palace to zero chances. 

I agree with you.

Other than the one Gana gifted to them. Palace weren't restricted just their tactics were to go down the wing. They had no one in the AM position and Zaha drifted to the left with Palace launching long balls that Keane and Coleman mostly dealt with. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Worst player ever? Doesn't pass forward?  Constantly out of position?

At the very best, they're gross exaggerations. 

The only ones getting named were the likes of Brett Angel or whatever his name is. 

Apologies, doesn't pass forward enough, no where near enough. Just pedantic to even call that a lie or am exaggeration. 

Literally he's not got a foggy. If it wasn't for his fitness he'd be laughed at on MOTD every week. How many times was Schneiderlin made to look stupid as he's doubled up on? 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Short safe side ways passes. Often plays out with too much pace and to feet which kills the momentum. 

2'13" into twenty minute highlights on Everton TV, have a look (it's actually his second forward pass but the earlier one at 1'23" is a bit more diagonal so I waited for a more obvious one, didn't have to wait long).

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The only ones getting named were the likes of Brett Angel or whatever his name is. 

Apologies, doesn't pass forward enough, no where near enough. Just pedantic to even call that a lie or am exaggeration. 

Literally he's not got a foggy. If it wasn't for his fitness he'd be laughed at on MOTD every week. How many times was Schneiderlin made to look stupid as he's doubled up on? 

Yet all the stats say otherwise. Hence me saying gross exaggerations. Lies is probably not the right word  but you know what the point was

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

2'13" into twenty minute highlights on Everton TV, have a look (it's actually his second forward pass but the earlier one at 1'23" is a bit more diagonal so I waited for a more obvious one, didn't have to wait long).

Looking further in he sets up Siggy again for a shot, then Walcott for a decent break, then on around 13 minutes takes the ball off a Palace player in our area and feeds Theo which results in the Gomes shot. All inch/weight perfect forward passes, all resulting in chances; it's there for all to see in blue and white, not even a discussion. I'm out.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Gueye, Gomes, and McCarthy playing in the middle. That combination of toughness, energy, and creativity will he hard to beat. 

theres no way mccarthy beats out gylfi, mccarthy would be vying for the gana spot which i don't think he has a chance at.  he will have the opportunity to play in the middle for a palace or huddersfield type squad though come january.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yet all the stats say otherwise. Hence me saying gross exaggerations. Lies is probably not the right word  but you know what the point was

What about bullshit?  Or is that the same as lies?

To me it's clear PeteO can't like our manager.... I mean what other utter buffoon would drop an exquisite ball playing "classy player" like schneiderlein who understands the art of not tackling for an energetic tackling machine like Gana who just Hoover's up the ball for fun. 

Gana.... pah! he is for footballing phillistines who still think that winning the ball from the opposition is important.  Gimme a schneiderlein type player any day who never gets his shorts dirty and does a lovely impression of a Jack Rodwell circa 2016.... 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Let’s not play school children Palf, show me where I said you did say it 🤪 we could go on forever.

Im not going to look back through all you’re posts, but have you ever said, or insinuated that he isn’t fit to wear our shirt?

If not then I appologise for generalising you with PeteO. But facts are facts, he CAN pass, 90+% shows it. He Has been involved in a three match winning streak.... that no matter what you say.... counts big time. You both will continue to look for any mistake he makes to try and prove your flawed theory on him..... while ignoring the rest of the team. 

You say people won’t critisize him when he makes a mistake or plays bad...... yet you know full well that I, and others regularly do. 

I have mentioned many times that I don’t see him as our top four answer, but he’s more than good enough for now. Yet you make out I talk about him as a superstar? I never do, never. The problem is that people probably do stick up for him more than they should, but that’s because the case against him is so lopsided and unfair. 

No I haven’t ever said or hinted in any way that he isn’t good enough to wear our shirt 👕, and yes I bring it up when he’s not performed and I’ve also said when he’s had a good game, I don’t rate him as a player I feel we can and need to get someone a lot better than him to play in his position hopefully at the moment if all goes well that will be McCarthy until someone else is brought in. 

Stats to me are irrelevant they might as well be in Braille stats don’t cover up what the eye sees, and my eye sees a player of very average ability when it comes to all the attributes it requires to be a top midfielder and I don’t want average players playing for us because average players equal average teams, good enough for you but most definitely not good enough for me. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you post stats like that on the Davies thread you get told that stats are misleading!

Still say an open goal is still on a plate... whether the striker misses it or not. So low assists can be attributed to a forward misfiring?

Whereas passing accuracy shows a player can pass. 

Damn you... drawn me into this comedy thread again haha!

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Still say an open goal is still on a plate... whether the striker misses it or not. So low assists can be attributed to a forward misfiring?

Whereas passing accuracy shows a player can pass. 

Damn you... drawn me into this comedy thread again haha!

No Shukes, how stats are interpreted completely depends on the player they are about :)

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tbf, Davies’ job is supposed to be about passing accurately. So he should be judged more harshly on that aspect. While Gana does need to be able to pass, and the stats say he’s nowhere near as bad as you think, his job is to give protection and win the ball for us. Two things he does very well. 

This for me.

everyone needs to be able to do the basics of football to a degree but then excel in their specific skills required for their position.

Gana’s tackling and interceptions are top class. He should be instructed to win the ball and within 2 touches find feet ( Gomes or Gylfi )

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tbf, Davies’ job is supposed to be about passing accurately. So he should be judged more harshly on that aspect. While Gana does need to be able to pass, and the stats say he’s nowhere near as bad as you think, his job is to give protection and win the ball for us. Two things he does very well. 

The stats don't highlight whether the pass leads to a chance. I'd expect his passing % to be high as he always plays it safe. 

Any centre mid is meant to be able to do the basics when it comes to passing. Tbf any outfield player should be able to do so. Gana has no idea how to weight his pass and no vision to read the play passing it forward. He's at premier league club, he should be able to pass a ball properly. 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The stats don't highlight whether the pass leads to a chance. I'd expect his passing % to be high as he always plays it safe. 

Any centre mid is meant to be able to do the basics when it comes to passing. Tbf any outfield player should be able to do so. Gana has no idea how to weight his pass and no vision to read the play passing it forward. He's at premier league club, he should be able to pass a ball properly. 

Gana only needs to play it safe. He’s not there to create or to even get us moving forward. His job is entirely to get the ball from the opposition and give it, whether that be forward, sideways or backwards. Then it’s up to them to do something with it. Him having a high accuracy percentage is exactly what we want because we don’t want him giving the ball away do we? Playing it safe is a good thing with the position he plays. Although, why do you expect his passing % to be high when you say he gives the ball away a lot? That bit has confused me a bit. 

You’re right, any centre mid should be able to do the basics when it comes to passing and Gana can do the basics. Mike has already pointed out examples from the previous game on your issue of him not being able to weight a pass etc, so I won’t be going into that. 

Gana isn’t a superstar but he is a key player for us and he does what he’s asked to do for us extremely well, whether you want to admit it or not. 

Much like when I reached the end of my tether with the bizarreness of the Lukaku thread, this is going to be my last word on his worth to us.