IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday March 10th

markjazzbassist

For those who laugh at me and Palfy I'd just like to point out that without Gana the turnover of the ball was fluid, and the team kept its shape when not in possession and made today easily the most comfortable games we've had all season. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the most possession we've had, and it's the first time I can remember where we've consistently moved the ball around in the oppositions half. 

Hopefully we'll build on this win. Just gutted Walcott got injured, his running and play is a breath of fresh air in this slow squad. 

2 minutes ago, Sev said:

Exactly, Bailey. The midfield involving Davies and Rooney worked much better without Gana being there to mess it up.

A good win but also a must win. You have done your job, Allerdyce. Now bugger off!

I personally thought Davies was okay at best - Gana would have done better in my opinion.

The big difference for me today was the quality in the full-back areas. With Coleman AND Baines we are significantly better.

6 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I personally thought Davies was okay at best - Gana would have done better in my opinion.

The big difference for me today was the quality in the full-back areas. With Coleman AND Baines we are significantly better.

Nah. I'm sure Gana would have messsed it up.

But YES! Coleman an Baines makes the whole team better. Great to see them both back.

5 hours ago, Sev said:

Nah. I'm sure Gana would have messsed it up.

But YES! Coleman an Baines makes the whole team better. Great to see them both back.

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

For those who laugh at me and Palfy I'd just like to point out that without Gana the turnover of the ball was fluid, and the team kept its shape when not in possession and made today easily the most comfortable games we've had all season. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the most possession we've had, and it's the first time I can remember where we've consistently moved the ball around in the oppositions half. 

Hopefully we'll build on this win. Just gutted Walcott got injured, his running and play is a breath of fresh air in this slow squad. 

I was going to say the same Pete then I realised what's the point they would just post the stats again saying he's the second best player in the league in his position, two tackles behind Kante don't you know.

And not caring how why and were and what he did with the ball once he got it and what he achieved the other 89 minutes of the game.

He will probably get straight back in the team next week because Allardyce picks his team's on stats, so we will go back to the usual shit but the statisticians will be happy.🙈

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He will probably get straight back in the team next week because Allardyce picks his team's on stats, so we will go back to the usual shit but the statisticians will be happy.🙈

Let's enjoy the wins and cleansheets whilst we can. Sometimes it takes a player to miss a game get people to realise what they do for the team. Hopefully Alladyce won't follow the stats blindly like super scout Walsh. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Let's enjoy the wins and cleansheets whilst we can. Sometimes it takes a player to miss a game get people to realise what they do for the team. Hopefully Alladyce won't follow the stats blindly like super scout Walsh. 

Think it’s also the first time we’ve had players in their actual positions and believe it or not - we looked like a team...

give Gana a chance in that team to judge performance.

I don’t see why it needs to change when we play away. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Brighton were shite.   There was no need for a ball winning midfielder - they surrendered possession freely enough on their own.

Having Baines back with Coleman gave us width and got the likes of bolassie and Walcott on the ball more. 

Exactly this- had nothing to do with Gana not playing. A midfield pairing of Rooney and Davies against Liverpool or City and you’ll see exactly how much we miss a Gana in the side.

Brighton aren't mugs they beat Arsenal last week the team that hammered us 5-2 and 5-1, why is it when we win a game the opposition are shit its never we played well, we dominated there midfield because for once we had the right players in the right positions not because Brighton were shit, we were more of solid unit we played for each other everyone in the middle new there jobs and we completely nullified Brighton, for once the midfield offered protection to the defence and allowed the wide men and forwards to be more expressive and decisive in their play.

So sorry I don't wear Brighton are shit I'm firmly in the camp we played well especially in the middle, and probably the best I can remember seeing this season.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Exactly this- had nothing to do with Gana not playing. A midfield pairing of Rooney and Davies against Liverpool or City and you’ll see exactly how much we miss a Gana in the side.

Gana played in 7 of our 9 biggest defeats this season.

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Brighton aren't mugs they beat Arsenal last week the team that hammered us 5-2 and 5-1, why is it when we win a game the opposition are shit its never we played well, we dominated there midfield because for once we had the right players in the right positions not because Brighton were shit, we were more of solid unit we played for each other everyone in the middle new there jobs and we completely nullified Brighton, for once the midfield offered protection to the defence and allowed the wide men and forwards to be more expressive and decisive in their play.

So sorry I don't wear Brighton are shit I'm firmly in the camp we played well especially in the middle, and probably the best I can remember seeing this season.

Chris Houghton said they were shit.  Their own manager stated clearly that no players were at the races - they weren't. 

Motd showed how we were better with Baines... balance and width.

But hey! Anything will do to throw at gana eh? 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I was just going to say exactly that.

It's getting ridiculous this gana criticism.

Even when that disgusting excuse for a professional footballer schneiderlin was demonstrating complete dereliction of duty Pete and palfy were focusing on gana.....

Has he been as good this season as last?  Nope.  No one has really.  He has had to endure a cowardly gobshite parked next to him doing the square foot of fuck all.... when played in a midfield where the likes of Rooney is able to dictate play then he is a perfect "go and fetch" player.  He is a ball winner..... makelele spent years getting plaudits for being just that.... but no we have people slaying him for not being the complete midfielder.

All whilst we have Sunday league yard dog wanna be hard man Ashley Williams all at sea.... Keane looking as solid as warm butter, cuco martina not knowing how to play his position, schneiderlin being a twat, and tom davies having the inconsistencies associated with his age and learning his trade. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The point was we get ripped apart with Gana in the team as well, what's yours.

My point is we got ripped apart in 9 out of 9 games with pickford in goal.... does that make him more culpable than gana?  Based on your argument it does. 

17 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Chris Houghton said they were shit.  Their own manager stated clearly that no players were at the races - they weren't. 

Motd showed how we were better with Baines... balance and width.

But hey! Anything will do to throw at gana eh? 

Yeah we made them look shit.

But to please you we were completely shite lucky should be relegated on the performance, there you go feel better now.

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

My point is we got ripped apart in 9 out of 9 games with pickford in goal.... does that make him more culpable than gana?  Based on your argument it does. 

We got ripped apart because Gana leaves huge spaces through the middle. (Pickford stopped them from being double figures, Gana is the reason why it could've been.) 

I can barely remember Brighton cutting through us. The shape yesterday was much better than it has been. No surprises why. 

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We got ripped apart because Gana leaves huge spaces through the middle. (Pickford stopped them from being double figures, Gana is the reason why it could've been.) 

I can barely remember Brighton cutting through us. The shape yesterday was much better than it has been. No surprises why. 

Well if that was the argument and it could be backed up then I would take that as a point of debate..... the fact is "gana was involved in 7 of our 9" biggest losses is bullshit.  It doesn't mean a fuckin thing.

Brighton didn't cut through us because we controlled the game.... we had width.  We had possession (gana has 85% pass completion so he is an obvious strength in that)

Gana leads the team on tackles and interceptions.... explain that? 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Well if that was the argument and it could be backed up then I would take that as a point of debate..... the fact is "gana was involved in 7 of our 9" biggest losses is bullshit.  It doesn't mean a fuckin thing.

Brighton didn't cut through us because we controlled the game.... we had width.  We had possession (gana has 85% pass completion so he is an obvious strength in that)

Think your find it was the control of the midfield that won us the game helped with a clean sheet, got the ball out to the wide men who fed the front men.

Davies Rooney and Gylfi controlled that game and no Gana or Schneiderlin in sight, praise the Lord and you will see the light.

We've kept 7 clean sheets in the league this season...Gana has played in 5 of those.

I don't get how yesterday can be attributed purely to Gana not playing? I can't attribute anything this season to just one player. It's been that inconsistent from week to week, it's difficult to suss out.

Just enjoy the win gents. This petty point scoring over individuals is just a poor man's attempt at vanity.

I will say though that I dont believe in changing a winning team. So leave it as it is. And if that means Gana stays out, so be it. No individual is bigger than the team. And if that means that without him, we keep clean sheets for the last 8 games and win them all, then we'll have to admit that Palfy and PeteO were right all along.

23 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Fair enough. I think it's been backed up from the displays. Hopefully he misses a few more games as so far he's only missed about 4 or 5 but in those games we concede half as much. If that continues surely most will come round to mine and Palfy's thinking.

I'd argue we controlled it as Gana wasn't there to stifle us. His pass % is so high as they are all backwards or sideways and in his own half. If anything it should be higher if that's all he's doing. 

Purely because of his positioning being terrible. How many takles does he make that he wouldn't need to if he'd been in the right position? I'd bet he also leads in unnecessary free kicks given away. Interceptions I'd love to say were down to his positioning but it's not, can't remember who put it but they were spot on when they said he runs in a circle other than that he's a ball magnet. We'd be better off holding shape and closing gaps to win the ball back that leaves him to terrier for it. 

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

We've kept 7 clean sheets in the league this season...Gana has played in 5 of those.

Just checked he's only missed 4 games, so percentage wise it's 50% (albeit from a very small sample) compared to 19% with him. 

A full season of Gana would put us on course for 7 clean sheets and 60+ goals conceded. I'd imagine that would be one of our worst seasons in Premier league history. 

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Think your find it was the control of the midfield that won us the game helped with a clean sheet, got the ball out to the wide men who fed the front men.

Davies Rooney and Gylfi controlled that game and no Gana or Schneiderlin in sight, praise the Lord and you will see the light.

Rooney controlled the midfield. Davies was all at sea. Gylfi was class as usual in his usual position.

Your mission to identify gana as some unique common demonitor with shit performances knows no boundaries. 

Your ally in all this actually thinks Harry Kane is shit... fair enough it's his right to that opinion but it' a bit out there.....

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Just checked he's only missed 4 games, so percentage wise it's 50% (albeit from a very small sample) compared to 19% with him. 

A full season of Gana would put us on course for 7 clean sheets and 60+ goals conceded. I'd imagine that would be one of our worst seasons in Premier league history. 

You should be a politician. The changing of angles is very similiar.

The reason I brought up the clean sheets is that you and/or Palfy, in previous posts on this thread, are attempting to attribute yesterday's clean sheet to purely missing Gana. As if to imply that if he plays, we concede. Yet he has played a part in the majority of our clean sheet games. So that doesn't stack up.

Your 2nd paragraph is unsuprinsingly flawed. Gana, in his first and only full season with us to date, played 33 league games for us last season and 11 of those were clean sheets. We conceded 35 goals in those games. Miles away from the 60+ you say we'd concede with him.

It's also interesting that you dismiss fact based stats that show Gana to be a very capable player within his role but then create your own stats to dismiss him. Stats or no Stats? You can't have it both ways.

Quite simply...there are far too many variables to say that one single player is to blame for us conceding goals, not keeping clean sheets etc etc.

Back to the kitchen for me....!!!

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I think you’ll find most of those goals are down to our two centre backs being an absolute shambles and a right back who’s not good enough to play in the championship playing left back most of the season.

33 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

You should be a politician. The changing of angles is very similiar.

The reason I brought up the clean sheets is that you and/or Palfy, in previous posts on this thread, are attempting to attribute yesterday's clean sheet to purely missing Gana. As if to imply that if he plays, we concede. Yet he has played a part in the majority of our clean sheet games. So that doesn't stack up.

Your 2nd paragraph is unsuprinsingly flawed. Gana, in his first and only full season with us to date, played 33 league games for us last season and 11 of those were clean sheets. We conceded 35 goals in those games. Miles away from the 60+ you say we'd concede with him.

It's also interesting that you dismiss fact based stats that show Gana to be a very capable player within his role but then create your own stats to dismiss him. Stats or no Stats? You can't have it both ways.

Quite simply...there are far too many variables to say that one single player is to blame for us conceding goals, not keeping clean sheets etc etc.

Back to the kitchen for me....!!!

It makes more sense to compare the ratios than the pure figure. 2 in 4 is significantly better than 5 (of which one Chelsea be only played 50 minutes)  in 26. Goals wise we concede more when he's on the pitch than when he's off it. Twice as often. That's a huge difference. The way you put the cleansheet star forward would be like me saying she conceded 40 goals with him and only 3 without him. Fairer to use ratios. 

Different team. We had Barry and just shows how good he was. In this current team we are better without him. He wasn't missed last year either. Went to Africa and Tom Davies come in and we had our next spell including a 4 nil romp against City. 

Yea and I watch him every week that's why I say he's shite. His passing is terrible and adds nothing to the team. He stifles play. Yesterday shows that. 

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I think you’ll find most of those goals are down to our two centre backs being an absolute shambles and a right back who’s not good enough to play in the championship playing left back most of the season.

Cuco has been solid enough defensively.  I agree the two centre halves are rubbish but they haven't been helped by Gana in front of them. They get over exposed and caught out more often because of him. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Rooney controlled the midfield. Davies was all at sea. Gylfi was class as usual in his usual position.

Your mission to identify gana as some unique common demonitor with shit performances knows no boundaries. 

Your ally in all this actually thinks Harry Kane is shit... fair enough it's his right to that opinion but it' a bit out there.....

Let's not go there mate your Lukaku rants surpassed anything I've had the privilege to see in my 58 years on this earth, in other words utter bollocks you either need to go to Spec Savers or your real identity is Stevie Wonder.