IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday March 10th

markjazzbassist

On 11/03/2018 at 20:32, Palfy said:

I've just remembered I've got Parkinson's signature on a 95 shirt Rideout got me from the FA Cup team, for all the money he had he made me pay him for the shirt.

Palfy, Parkinson probably told his mates:  'That guy Palfy, for all the money he made, expected me to give him the shirt for nowt'.:D

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just like both Arsenal games and they aren’t that great lost both fucking hammered in both 5-1and 5-2, wait a minute while I just check if Gana was playing, fuck me he was from what you’ve just said I wasn’t expecting that. 

Yep.... let's just ignore the fact that gana had schneiderlein walking around in that game shall we?  

This reminds me of making a murderer on Netflix..... let's pin all the blame on the simple hillbilly.

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yep.... let's just ignore the fact that gana had schneiderlein walking around in that game shall we?  

This reminds me of making a murderer on Netflix..... let's pin all the blame on the simple hillbilly.

I do love how you can't see the similarities between this and our Lukaku debates, it's hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do love how you can't see the similarities between this and our Lukaku debates, it's hilarious.

No similarities at all.  It's a very lazy comparison.

My issue with lukaku was:-

Laziness

Inability to hold the ball up

Gave it away far too often

Mouthed off far too often

Essentially we needed a striker who could retain the ball and he couldn't. He didn't work and when playing one striker then that is a big miss.

The only issues I see with gana is poor shooting and Lack of creativity. He is one of a few midfielders who I have stated we can drop if the game doesn't call for a midfield destroyer..... 

Funny.... I often said there was a place for lukaku as an impact sub or as a secondary striker to a workhorse. Funny that gets ignored..... It's called balance. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Laziness

Essentially we needed a striker who could retain the ball and he couldn't. He didn't work and when playing one striker then that is a big miss.

The only issues I see with gana is poor shooting and Lack of creativity. He is one of a few midfielders who I have stated we can drop if the game doesn't call for a midfield destroyer..... 

Funny.... I often said there was a place for lukaku as an impact sub or as a secondary striker to a workhorse. Funny that gets ignored..... It's called balance. 

Yee ha

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

The response was to the fact we would get hammered by all the better teams with out Gana I simply pointed out we did and Gana was in the team, but you obviously can’t bare the truth so let’s back track and put the blame on Schneiderlin, fuck you’re be blaming the milkman next rather than except Gana had a role to play in those defeats. Better still let’s blame Lukaku your the master at that.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Laziness

Absolutely the same. Refuse to budge on opinion, coming up with outlandish statements, completely unbalanced criticism even though claiming to be balanced, dismissing facts and stats that’s disprove the argument. It is exactly the same here, except you’ve taken my role of defending the player, with Pete and Palfy taking your role of blindly criticising the player and refusing to see any of the good. It is identical in the way it’s being discussed. 

Its not a lazy comparison, it’s just that simple it doesn’t require much effort to make it

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Absolutely the same. Refuse to budge on opinion, coming up with outlandish statements, completely unbalanced criticism even though claiming to be balanced, dismissing facts and stats that’s disprove the argument. It is exactly the same here, except you’ve taken my role of defending the player, with Pete and Palfy taking your role of blindly criticising the player and refusing to see any of the good. It is identical in the way it’s being discussed. 

Its not a lazy comparison, it’s just that simple it doesn’t require much effort to make it

Matt I admire your stance on the Lukaku observations, but I must protest on being called blind I could possibly except short sighted 😄👍

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The response was to the fact we would get hammered by all the better teams with out Gana I simply pointed out we did and Gana was in the team, but you obviously can’t bare the truth so let’s back track and put the blame on Schneiderlin, fuck you’re be blaming the milkman next rather than except Gana had a role to play in those defeats. Better still let’s blame Lukaku your the master at that.

I don’t even think Haf could be creative enough to blame Distin. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Where is the imbalance???? 

I've always said lukaku is a tremendous athlete and a very good finisher.... have I not???

You seem to want me to recognise the other facets of his game which quite frankly in the past 4 or 5 years remain unconvincing for a supposed top level striker.  His control, heading, ability to hold up the ball remain lottery items as to whether or not they are going to hold up in his next game. 

Annoyingly for us the one area he has improved on is his attitude towards his teammates at United which suggests along with the numerous interviews he gave that "we were below him".....

I don't see pundits spending 10 minutes here and there highlighting gana and his inability to help the team out... you do with lukaku.  Along with the few false dawns he seems to have.... or "penny dropped" moments that souness keeps saying. 

My criticisms of lukaku from 5 years ago are almost just as relevant now..... wasn't he meant to be world class by now?  Far from it.  World class in the odd game out of 20.... seen Fellaini and gibson do that enough to make me realise it means nothing. 

The irony is.... no one is saying gana is world class.... no one is saying the team needs him in every game.  We are saying he is a horses for courses footballer who just like many midfielders in the prem have different strengths for different games. 

Lukaku was made out to be a legend before he learned how to trap a ball.... it all stemmed from the fans prolonged period having to watch us play with budget level strikers. The reality is that in far too many games for us he too looked like the budget level striker

50 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Where is the imbalance???? 

I've always said lukaku is a tremendous athlete and a very good finisher.... have I not???

You seem to want me to recognise the other facets of his game which quite frankly in the past 4 or 5 years remain unconvincing for a supposed top level striker.  His control, heading, ability to hold up the ball remain lottery items as to whether or not they are going to hold up in his next game. 

Annoyingly for us the one area he has improved on is his attitude towards his teammates at United which suggests along with the numerous interviews he gave that "we were below him".....

I don't see pundits spending 10 minutes here and there highlighting gana and his inability to help the team out... you do with lukaku.  Along with the few false dawns he seems to have.... or "penny dropped" moments that souness keeps saying. 

My criticisms of lukaku from 5 years ago are almost just as relevant now..... wasn't he meant to be world class by now?  Far from it.  World class in the odd game out of 20.... seen Fellaini and gibson do that enough to make me realise it means nothing. 

The irony is.... no one is saying gana is world class.... no one is saying the team needs him in every game.  We are saying he is a horses for courses footballer who just like many midfielders in the prem have different strengths for different games. 

Lukaku was made out to be a legend before he learned how to trap a ball.... it all stemmed from the fans prolonged period having to watch us play with budget level strikers. The reality is that in far too many games for us he too looked like the budget level striker

I'm really not going into it all again. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm really not going into it all again. 

You don't have to..... I've proved that there wasn't an imbalance.  I stated that he's a great athlete and he can finish. Which he can. As I've stated many times. 

I also repeated the various criticisms that still stand.... of which many pundits state is the reason why he will never make the level Kane is at. 

What is it you want me to change in my views of him? That he's a good target man? That he has a great touch? That he doesn't lose the ball far too often?.... because for all the goalscoring ability that he has is pretty null and void when he gives the ball away so often.

Not counting his last few games where he has had another one of the purple patches his inability to be a rounded player will continue to hinder his supposed trajectory to being a top player. 

Just now, hafnia said:

You don't have to..... I've proved that there wasn't an imbalance.  I stated that he's a great athlete and he can finish. Which he can. As I've stated many times. 

I also repeated the various criticisms that still stand.... of which many pundits state is the reason why he will never make the level Kane is at. 

What is it you want me to change in my views of him? That he's a good target man? That he has a great touch? That he doesn't lose the ball far too often?.... because for all the goalscoring ability that he has is pretty null and void when he gives the ball away so often.

Not counting his last few games where he has had another one of the purple patches his inability to be a rounded player will continue to hinder his supposed trajectory to being a top player. 

That you’ve never been able to see/accept it is the reason I’m not going into it. Same reason I’m not getting involved in the ridiculous Gana debate; I’ve learnt from experience :) 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Rom will have more medals at the end of his career than Kane.

Phil Neville had more than Steven Gerrard.  

Has Rom won anything yet? Kane has a great chance of playing for real Madrid by all accounts ... that will see a change in that. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Add to that United chose to buy Lukaku over Kane. 

You make it sound like Kane was for sale at a similar price to Rom...... 

Spurs slapped a £200m fee on him.  Real and man city are expected to fight it out for him in the summer..... Kane is at a completely different level to lukaku. 

You still think Kane isnt good enough for Everton which is frankly hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You make it sound like Kane was for sale at a similar price to Rom...... 

Spurs slapped a £200m fee on him.  Real and man city are expected to fight it out for him in the summer..... Kane is at a completely different level to lukaku. 

You still think Kane isnt good enough for Everton which is frankly hilarious. 

Money is no object to United. If they want someone they will pay it. Pogba cost £90m which would have been that's £200m. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Money is no object to United. If they want someone they will pay it. Pogba cost £90m which would have been that's £200m. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/681031/Man-Utd-Tottenham-Harry-Kane-Jose-Mourinho/amp

Btw it' the star quoting Marca.... a reliable source.

Money is an object to United.... Kane wasn't for sale.... spurs didn't want to sell and Kane wanted to stay. 

Quite refreshing to see in this day and age. 

You reckon mourinho wouldn't have Kane ahead of lukaku?  Kane is a mourinho player.... hard working, clinical, retains the ball. 

Haf and his reliable sources :rofl:

I can't remember any underhanded tactics to upset him, there was nothing other than a bit of paper talk, nothing more. How many times did we sign Alan Smith?

He's a hard worker but he's not clinical, no where near Lukaku in front of goal. Retains the back, you having a laugh. Hits it over the bar more often than pass. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

We might also get hammered by the better teams with Rooney / Davies etc. If so it doesn't make any option any good!

22 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just like both Arsenal games and they aren’t that great lost both fucking hammered in both 5-1and 5-2, wait a minute while I just check if Gana was playing, fuck me he was from what you’ve just said I wasn’t expecting that. 

So what if he was playing- so were 10 other players- I suppose all of them are excused from any blame whatsoever and everything was Ganas fault.

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

Where did I say we would get hammered without Gana? I could have sworn I said with Rooney and Davies in the middle.