IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday November 3rd

markjazzbassist

None of Sigurdsson, Delph, or Schneiderlin should play. Sadly, I suspect both Delph and Sigurdsson will start with Schneiderlin coming in as a sub.

Gomes and Davies should build on a promising partnership. I’d like Kean to start but I can see the advantage of an in-form Walcott. The sooner DCL and Kean play together upfront the better. 

47 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Let’s not forget they gave the Shite a run last week and then won in Europe. So this is going to be tough competition without a doubt. 

Unless we beat them of course, then that’s because they didn’t turn up 🙄

Up until the shite were winning they only had one shot on target and that was in the first minute and that was only thanks to a rebound from the post falling kindly.

What team would you say last turned up and we managed to out fight them? 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Up until the shite were winning they only had one shot on target and that was in the first minute and that was only thanks to a rebound from the post falling kindly.

What team would you say last turned up and we managed to out fight them? 

I see football differently than you mate. I think each time we stop a team playing it’s down to us. If we don’t turn up, we make teams look good. 

Spurs also limited the Shite to one shot first half, and let’s face it, hey didn’t pepper them in the second half. 

You ever heard the term “brought to their level”? It’s what smaller teams do to bigger teams, to get results, or avoid a smashing.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I see football differently than you mate. I think each time we stop a team playing it’s down to us. If we don’t turn up, we make teams look good. 

Spurs also limited the Shite to one shot first half, and let’s face it, hey didn’t pepper them in the second half. 

You ever heard the term “brought to their level”? It’s what smaller teams do to bigger teams, to get results, or avoid a smashing.

That's a very limited way of viewing things. Of course there's going to be occasions were we're gash or the opposition are. 

I'm familiar with the term but for me that would require us to hold position have some grit, to get a win by battling them and letting them know we're not gonna roll over. I'd describe none of our matched has hard fought. We're not making teams earn a result and we're not earning them ourselves. 

Main one that comes to mind is man united. We didn't force them to leave the space they did, they were completely deflated from getting knocked out of the champs league. 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Did you watch the game? I thought Liverpool looked far superior throughout but they just couldn't piece the final ball together whether that be through some last ditch defending or some sloppy play by the Liverpool players.

I haven't seen Spurs too often this season but that was as bad as I have seen them for a long time. Alli brought nothing at all, Eriksen may as well not have been playing, Rose gets caught sleeping far too often, Aurier is just an idiot and Sanchez is the weakest of the 3 CBs. Winks isnt anything special IMO and Sissoko is still suspect for all that he is a powerhouse. Almost every good passage of play came through Kane and Son and that was it.

They are playing us, so I expect them to look a lot better but this is the type of game we need to win. We need to kick them while they are down and go above them in the league. We did it last season against Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea and we need to do something similar tomorrow.

They are beatable no doubt about it. Defensively they are poor this season. Aurier is a liability and we need to definitely target him. Such a shame Bernie is out. Son and Kane are the danger men obviously. 

Pickford

sidibe.          Holgate     Mina/Keane.  Digne 

Davies.     Gomes

walcott.            Iwobi         Charly  

Dcl

I think is what we will see 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Did you watch the game? I thought Liverpool looked far superior throughout but they just couldn't piece the final ball together whether that be through some last ditch defending or some sloppy play by the Liverpool players.

I haven't seen Spurs too often this season but that was as bad as I have seen them for a long time. Alli brought nothing at all, Eriksen may as well not have been playing, Rose gets caught sleeping far too often, Aurier is just an idiot and Sanchez is the weakest of the 3 CBs. Winks isnt anything special IMO and Sissoko is still suspect for all that he is a powerhouse. Almost every good passage of play came through Kane and Son and that was it.

They are playing us, so I expect them to look a lot better but this is the type of game we need to win. We need to kick them while they are down and go above them in the league. We did it last season against Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea and we need to do something similar tomorrow.

Yes I did watch it.

I throughly they suppressed Liverpool and stopped them playing the game they like to play. 

I’m always going to swing towards optimism when watching Everton and look for the good points in even the most dire games, as I love the team.

I do think some fans are always going to do the opposite as they want to be proven right. And sadly that sometimes comes before the team. We won’t get credit until the manager is gone for some. Some players won’t get credit ever... with us or after they have gone. That’s the way it is.

Haha we’re even having this discussion before we have played them. That in itself shows that whatever happens it will be because people were right and the manager is shit, or that Spurs didn’t turn up and that’s why we won.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Yes I did watch it.

I throughly they suppressed Liverpool and stopped them playing the game they like to play. 

I’m always going to swing towards optimism when watching Everton and look for the good points in even the most dire games, as I love the team.

I do think some fans are always going to do the opposite as they want to be proven right. And sadly that sometimes comes before the team. We won’t get credit until the manager is gone for some. Some players won’t get credit ever... with us or after they have gone. That’s the way it is.

Haha we’re even having this discussion before we have played them. That in itself shows that whatever happens it will be because people were right and the manager is shit, or that Spurs didn’t turn up and that’s why we won.

I think that just shows how we see the game differently. I didn't see Liverpool being suppressed, it looked a matter of time until they scored.

I do agree to a point with what you have said, people like to prove themselves right, but at the same time I think there are a fair few on here (especially compared to other forums) where they will at least attempt to provide an unbiased opinion.

Looking at the team though and it looks strong. Probably the most complementary midfield 3 so we will see how that works in practice, albeit my nan is probably quicker!

Be interesting to see if Davies plays in a 3 or behind the striker. 

Could even be a 442 with either Iwobi or Walcott along side richalrlison - although I'd imagine if we had 2 strikers DCL would start. 

If it's 433 we need to press from the start and well, and control the game. 

Looks like a formation and team sheet of a manager that's under pressure really. 

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Worried about their pace up top though.

Me too... Will be interesting to see if they set up to play on the counter. If they do, it could be a long day. If we sit back and counter them in order to take away that threat we will also play to the strength of our side.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Be interesting to see if Davies plays in a 3 or behind the striker. 

Could even be a 442 with either Iwobi or Walcott along side richalrlison - although I'd imagine if we had 2 strikers DCL would start. 

If it's 433 we need to press from the start and well, and control the game. 

Looks like a formation and team sheet of a manager that's under pressure really. 

I hope its in the 3 with Delph deepest. I worry about how they will counter us if we press to high. I suspect we will know after the first 10-15 minutes how it will work.

Just now, Wiggytop said:

Well he is, but at least he’s trying something different, which we have all been shouting for.

He's only trying something different because he is under pressure. If he wanted to play 433 like he said then it shouldn't take 18 months and a team falling to bits for him to trial it. Implement it immediately, if that's your system drop Siggy like nobody else has and play it. 

We've spent full wack on a striker that Silva is now calling a winger that doesn't play - well we needed a striker so where is he, why are we spending 40m on kids that aren't ready to be in the first team? We failed to recruit a centre half and now we've got a back up championship level player covering. It's rediculous. I never want my team to lose but when we do I take some positive out of it that its one more game that puts that fraud under pressure.