IGNORED

Next England Manager

I couldn't give a flying fuck if they were English or not. In reality, there aren't many top English managers currently in the game.

My personal favourite (English) candidate, would be as Matt suggested, Howe. Purely for the fact hes young, will grow with the team and wants to play the right way. His players only play on merit and attitude.

In terms of international/foreign managers, we need two things:

A - A "man" manager, who is also astute with the tactical side.

B - Someone who has the balls to make an unconventional choice to benefit the team for the greater good. I.e. drop a 'name' for the form unknown.

Shearer wants the job. I was going to post last night that we should be looking to get some of the Euro 96 players together and let them take it on. We couldn't do any worse than we already have. Euro 96 squad was the most togetherness I've seen in an England squad.

Not many inspiring home grown choices really

Big Sam/Pardew - Both wouldn't play the fool as we've seen with these FA yes men we've been served, no nonsense but not sure they will be suited to the bigger stage

Southgate - No just no

Neville - Not a leading man yet an understudy maybe

Howe - Lacks experience but a good prospect if he was to take the reigns I'd like to see a man like Hoddle alongside him in a mentor type role I still think the man has alot to offer us internationally

Shearer - Lacks managerial experience but knows the gig well, again wouldn't suffer fools but a big risk maybe could be brought in a set up along with Howe Hoddle?

I'd rather go down the foreign route if they seriously consider the likes of Southgate

Blanc

Benitez

Pellegrini

Pandelli

God knows anyone but Southgate please

Edited by EFC-Paul

Yeah he does lack the experience I think many are keen because he's a relative unknown without many past negatives as a manager compared to the rest if you get my drift

I wouldn't mind Hiddink thinking about it or Blanc

Yeah i get what you mean, i just think hes best carrying on learning with Bournemouth and hopefully grow into the manager we need in maybe 15 years.

'Arry is not an FA type appointment. Unfortunately, I think it will be Southgate, who is. I think this would be an unmitigated disaster for English football which could be slightly (and I mean slightly) mitigated by appointing Gary Neville as his assistant.

'Arry is not an FA type appointment. Unfortunately, I think it will be Southgate, who is. I think this would be an unmitigated disaster for English football which could be slightly (and I mean slightly) mitigated by appointing Gary Neville as his assistant.

excuse an ignorant american, why isn't Harry an "FA approved" appointment? i was surprised he didn't get the job either, did a good job at spurs.

excuse an ignorant american, why isn't Harry an "FA approved" appointment? i was surprised he didn't get the job either, did a good job at spurs.

He's in the same mold as a Brian Clough (one of the greatest managers England ever produced): excellent manager but controversial, outspoken, and no respecter of persons. The FA like those who won't rock the boat, who won't create headlines, who are "good ole boys', and who toe the FA line. "Another glass of Veuve Cliicquot, Mr. Redknapp?" "Get on with ya. Another pint of the pale for old 'arry."

Edited by Cornish Steve

He's in the same mold as a Brian Clough (one of the greatest managers England ever produced): excellent manager but controversial, outspoken, and no respecter of persons. The FA like those who won't rock the boat, who won't create headlines, who are "good ole boys', and who toe the FA line. "Another glass of Veuve Cliicquot, Mr. Redknapp?" "Get on with ya. Another pint of the pale for old 'arry."

thanks

Watching the press conference I'm thinking 'who's this guy?'. He was talking with an obvious lack of football knowledge. Talking about how they'll review the teams performance in a tone and language that is best reserved for business type meetings.

Turns out it's Martin Glenn...FA Chief Executive. Who also admitted he has limited football knowledge.

Fuck me. That explains everything.

He also doesn't talk proper, is a bit of a 'jack the lad' and the FA suits would feel embarrassed standing next to him in the drinks and canapes.

Watching the press conference I'm thinking 'who's this guy?'. He was talking with an obvious lack of football knowledge. Talking about how they'll review the teams performance in a tone and language that is best reserved for business type meetings.

Turns out it's Martin Glenn...FA Chief Executive. Who also admitted he has limited football knowledge.

Fuck me. That explains everything.

Picked up on that also, and he's one of the three picking the new manager :doh:.

Hodgson was a feisty sod, maybe if he'd been a bit more like that in the dressing room we'd not be in this position.