IGNORED

Ryan Shawcross

Having a medical according to TalkShite.

£8m? Which to be fair is good as a going rate but not who I'd have.

Doesn't fall under the 'ball playing' defender category but he can defend and will put his life on the line - something I haven't seen from Jags/Distin recently (I know it's early).

Having spoken to 2 Stokies - no chance at £8m, signed 5 and half yr deal in 2013 so nowhere near the valuation.

Got MOTM. I can't see it personally, think its media pulling defensive names out after our floodgates yesterday.

He really doesn't fit imo. And it's not about Martinez wanting ball playing defenders. No doubt that he can defend when he can sit in his own box, block shots, clear loose balls and head away crosses. But if he's supposed to stand near the halfway line waiting until someone ahead of him loses the ball, the opposition centre forward is going to turn him and speed off.

It's a Talksport rumour... baseless in my opinion.

I remember when Paul Tyrell (ex EFC director of communications) told the presenter off on twitter and he backed down.

Ian Abrahams‏ @Moose_talkSPORT: "It is my understanding Spurs maay have already met with David Moyes today and that Moyes compensation has been agreed with Everton FC."
Paul Tyrrell‏ @TyrrellPaul: "this is an absolute lie Ian. I expected better from you. If you repeat it, you can expect legal action from EFC.
Ian Abrahams‏@Moose_talkSPORT: "ok Paul sorry and I withdraw it"
Ian Abrahams‏@Moose_talkSPORT: "is that ok and I will not mention it again"
Ian Abrahams‏@Moose_talkSPORT: "I withdraw the comments about David Moyes I made a short while ago leaving Everton for Spurs"
Paul Tyrrell‏@TyrrellPaul: "thank you."

They said nothing of the sort. They've said there's no truth in it whatsoever.

9:31

Sky Bet have opened a market on Ryan Shawcross' future, making Everton 1/2 favourites to sign him today. They're not thought to have any competition, with Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United all 25/1. Find all Sky Bet's transfer betting odds here.

9:01

Sky Sports reporter Alan Irwin has insisted there is no truth in rumours linking Ryan Shawcross with a move from Stoke City to Everton, but believes there is a chance Roberto Martinez could bring in some new faces, especially at the back after conceding ten goals in three Premier League games.

Edited by Matt

9:31
Sky Bet have opened a market on Ryan Shawcross' future, making Everton 1/2 favourites to sign him today. They're not thought to have any competition, with Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United all 25/1.
9:01
Sky Sports reporter Alan Irwin has insisted there is no truth in rumours linking Ryan Shawcross with a move from Stoke City to Everton, but believes there is a chance Roberto Martinez could bring in some new faces, especially at the back after conceding ten goals in three Premier League games.ransfer betting odds here.

That's based on what bets have already been made, not SSN saying we're favourites.