IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I see that as more of a rawness than his actual ability - at times his touch looks lovely, but it's very inconsistent. His game needs polish imo, rather than him simply lacking as a footballer. Let's not forget that this guy is still only twenty. They are reasonable concerns, though.

The fact that he scores goals while sometimes playing garbage shows how truly frightening his potential is if the complete package comes together.

Spot on.

I dont think people realise how hard he works without the ball either. He is always making runs, always creating space for others. The likes of Barkley and Pienaar wouldnt be able to get into those little pockets of space if it wasnt for him dragging the CB's all over the place, sometimes literally!

It's Haf-worthy.

Must admit - I would be extremely proud of that one.

I do love an analogy..... A manc asked me how we didn't see Barkley last year with Moyes...

"Moyes had been given a christmas present... he opened it, looked at it, tried to play with it and when nothing happened he decided to throw it in a corner and played with the box instead. He let his little brother have the present as he didn't think it was any good - his brother went and put some batteries in it and hey presto, a cracking toy to play with!"

Edited by Hafnia

Mourinho's insane if he gets Lukaku go. Yes, Chelsea have the funds to buy a Falcao or Lewandowski or striker of that ilk, but Lukaku has all the tools to be one of Europe's top strikers himself. First the refusal to play Mata and now this - he's ruining Chelsea like he ruined Real Madrid.

Probably just paper talk but still.

Must admit - I would be extremely proud of that one.

I do love an analogy..... A manc asked me how we didn't see Barkley last year with Moyes...

"Moyes had been given a christmas present... he opened it, looked at it, tried to play with it and when nothing happened he decided to throw it in a corner and played with the box instead. He let his little brother have the present as he didn't think it was any good - his brother went and put some batteries in it and hey presto, a cracking toy to play with!"

I don't think Steven Naismith would appreciate being called a box! :lol:

Martínez said: "Chelsea are delighted with Romelu. He can't play against them. The other week he helped take two points off Arsenal, three points off United. That is the way you are looking at it [if you are Chelsea]. It is perfect for them.

"You are not going to stop every team but if you can stop your rivals then you are doing well."

Some people called it. Lukaku's here to take points off Chelsea's closest rivals...Mourinho knows what he's doing. Well played.

Some people called it. Lukaku's here to take points off Chelsea's closest rivals...Mourinho knows what he's doing. Well played.

Most people knew what Mourinho was doing, thats why all the mancs are getting all flustered over it... he won't strengthen us next year unless he really thinks we aren't going to challenge them for a title challenge.

It is funny though, unfair??? maybe.... he's a bit like the U.S.A, giving other countries missiles to take on their real enemies.

Mourinho's insane if he gets Lukaku go. Yes, Chelsea have the funds to buy a Falcao or Lewandowski or striker of that ilk, but Lukaku has all the tools to be one of Europe's top strikers himself. First the refusal to play Mata and now this - he's ruining Chelsea like he ruined Real Madrid.

Probably just paper talk but still.

Falcao has proven at Monaco he's not nowhere near the form he was at Atletico and I doubt Lewandowski is interested in a move to anywhere else but Bayern.

Eto'o is not cutting it and Torres and Ba whilst decent our not enough up front. I think Eto'o might go in the summer and so might Ba/Torres, if lets say Torres stays, Lukaku comes back and we bring in another striker I think it might work out well, but not someone high-priced because that would put way too much pressure on playing him all the time.

Jose didn't refuse to play Mata, I was butthurt for a long time that he didn't play him but for the last month Mata has started most of the games and played well, especially alongside Hazard, as mentioned times before Jose wanted Mata to change his game and he's done that now, he's found the balance between rotating Oscar and Mata and Willian can also play in that central role if needed. De Bruyne got his chance last night and didn't take it so I'm guessing he'll be leaving in January.

Guest blueboy122

No chance not having that at all he isn't that good old Mourinho. He dropped a clanger letting him go out on loan and is trying to put out there that it was his infinite wisdom to do it as he knew this would happen. Rubbish, Chelsea would benefit more with him in the team and then him in our team fact.

Don't buy into the whole Jose circus never have done.

I dont know if Jose is playing the media wink wink but for me. Jose looks old these days and I think he has taken the mantle off ferguson of that he takes umbrage of a player and that's it. Lukaku,torres,ba arent his players. You watch him clear the lot

Falcao has proven at Monaco he's not nowhere near the form he was at Atletico and I doubt Lewandowski is interested in a move to anywhere else but Bayern.

Eto'o is not cutting it and Torres and Ba whilst decent our not enough up front. I think Eto'o might go in the summer and so might Ba/Torres, if lets say Torres stays, Lukaku comes back and we bring in another striker I think it might work out well, but not someone high-priced because that would put way too much pressure on playing him all the time.

Jose didn't refuse to play Mata, I was butthurt for a long time that he didn't play him but for the last month Mata has started most of the games and played well, especially alongside Hazard, as mentioned times before Jose wanted Mata to change his game and he's done that now, he's found the balance between rotating Oscar and Mata and Willian can also play in that central role if needed. De Bruyne got his chance last night and didn't take it so I'm guessing he'll be leaving in January.

They were just examples, I know Lewa will folow Judas Goetze to the Allianz. As for Falcao, well, form is temporary and class is permanent - he remains the best pure number 9 on the planet.

Eto'o isn't cutting it because he's in decline, although I retain faith in him. Torres has been finished for ages and has one good game every blue moon, Ba is a good striker but not up to playing for a CL team.

The fact that he felt the need to change Mata is part of why I dislike him - Mata was one of the best playmakers in Europe last season (not me jumping on the bandwagon as I've been a big fan since his Valencia time), yet Mourinho isn't happy until he shows some more 'work rate'. Exciting, attacking football is anathema to him. Willian is another class player who he will destroy given time. Not sure how a talent like Oscar is flourishing under him.

No chance not having that at all he isn't that good old Mourinho. He dropped a clanger letting him go out on loan and is trying to put out there that it was his infinite wisdom to do it as he knew this would happen. Rubbish, Chelsea would benefit more with him in the team and then him in our team fact.

Don't buy into the whole Jose circus never have done.

Totally agree. I've never bought into his hype - circumstances have been very kind to him everywhere he's been. He wins trophies by spending lots of money and playing ultra defensive football. The only reason he won his solitary title in Madrid is because Pep was experimenting with a 343 (trying to shoehorn Fabregas into the team) in late 2011 which cost Barca numerous points away from home.. He's a coward too - failed for most of his time at RM, and when Barca were winning the title back he tried to shift blame on to his players to distract from his own weaknesses - no wonder Casillas was fed up of him. He's definitely backtracking in regards to Lukaku, because his ego will not allow him to admit he made a mistake.

He's like the managerial version of a certain countryman of his - more style than substance and lets his big mouth run away with him. Scum like him is why I'm so disillusioned with modern football - they turn the game into a soap opera about 'characters' (code word for cunts). It's great to see him struggling and ageing 10 years in two.

He destroyed Casillas's career and left Inter in tatters (while his fucking useless fanboys placed all the blame on Benitez). He is a sewer rat and I despise him in footballing terms. He would look like a right tool if -after all hiw crowing about Lukaku - you beat them to a CL place. I'd love to see that.

I think Pellegrini is a better manager. Very smart and astute tactically and doesn't feel the need to crow about it.

Can you tell I don't like him?

Edited by Nikica

They were just examples, I know Lewa will folow Judas Goetze to the Allianz. As for Falcao, well, form is temporary and class is permanent - he remains the best pure number 9 on the planet.

Eto'o isn't cutting it because he's in decline, although I retain faith in him. Torres has been finished for ages and has one good game every blue moon, Ba is a good striker but not up to playing for a CL team.

The fact that he felt the need to change Mata is part of why I dislike him - Mata was one of the best playmakers in Europe last season (not me jumping on the bandwagon as I've been a big fan since his Valencia time), yet Mourinho isn't happy until he shows some more 'work rate'. Exciting, attacking football is anathema to him. Willian is another class player who he will destroy given time. Not sure how a talent like Oscar is flourishing under him.

Totally agree. I've never bought into his hype - circumstances have been very kind to him everywhere he's been. He wins trophies by spending lots of money and playing ultra defensive football. The only reason he won his solitary title in Madrid is because Pep was experimenting with a 343 (trying to shoehorn Fabregas into the team) in late 2011 which cost Barca numerous points away from home.. He's a coward too - failed for most of his time at RM, and when Barca were winning the title back he tried to shift blame on to his players to distract from his own weaknesses - no wonder Casillas was fed up of him. He's definitely backtracking in regards to Lukaku, because his ego will not allow him to admit he made a mistake.

He's like the managerial version of a certain countryman of his - more style than substance and lets his big mouth run away with him. Scum like him is why I'm so disillusioned with modern football - they turn the game into a soap opera about 'characters' (code word for cunts). It's great to see him struggling and ageing 10 years in two.

He destroyed Casillas's career and left Inter in tatters (while his fucking useless fanboys placed all the blame on Benitez). He is a sewer rat and I despise him in footballing terms. He would look like a right tool if -after all hiw crowing about Lukaku - you beat them to a CL place. I'd love to see that.

I think Pellegrini is a better manager. Very smart and astute tactically and doesn't feel the need to crow about it.

Can you tell I don't like him?

Blimey you dislike him almost as much as I dislike Moyes.

Some similar soundbites that apply to both managers. At least mourinho has charisma and is clever though. One big difference is he wouldn't have bottled the games that Moyes did for us.

I agree though, football is entering a new age and we have a new age manager.