IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

He certainly doesn't seem happy about the role he's being asked to play, and he's not the type to keep his thoughts to himself!

I remember RM saying when Lukaku signed that Chelsea had told Everton how they wanted his game to develop this season, so it could be partly that they're looking for him to show he can adapt his game, or it could just be that RM has asked him to play a different role while we're going through various injury problems. The sooner we get another senior striker to challenge and help him, the better.

He's still a kid remember and I think he's mouth is just running a little faster than his brain. He doesn't strike me as a trouble maker - he seems intelligent and a likeable guy.

He does need to pick his game up though. We don't use him as a target man we pass the ball A LOT!

Guest blueboy122

Started to get fed up with him to be honest. He has been woeful in our past few games so he needs to shut up, stop spending time talking to the media and more time on the training ground.

Target man isn't your best position Lukaku? Probably right but he certainly shouldn't be as bad as he is at it as he has all the attributes to be successful apart from the most important thing..... A touch. I have seen 11 year olds with a better touch than him at times I am almost embarrassed for him.

' I am best running with the ball' that's the easiest part I am sure all forwards would love the chance to not do the dirty jobs hold up play etc and just run with the ball and be put through on goal.

Needs to shut his mouth and start to develop his game more and contribute in games for more than 10 minutes.

He should watch videos of Drogba and learn from him very quickly as I sense many evertonians are starting to get frustrated with him. When Drogba wasn't doing the easy match of the day highlight running one on one type jobs he was helping his team build attacks by playing the target man playing unselfishly chasing the ball back etc doing the dirty work.

Sounding a bit like your mate 'le sulk' Romelu.

The lad is only 20...and has always seemed fairlt intelligent. A student of the game type.

Anyway...I thought against wba we did use him as a target man and it massively contributed to our poor performance....we hoofed it upfield all to often. Not sure RM wants us to go that way, would be a backward step surely??!!!

The lad is only 20...and has always seemed fairlt intelligent. A student of the game type.

Anyway...I thought against wba we did use him as a target man and it massively contributed to our poor performance....we hoofed it upfield all to often. Not sure RM wants us to go that way, would be a backward step surely??!!!

assuming the goofball was to counteract the 'dodgy' pitch? Anyway, got no issue with him speaking his mind on how to play he prefers to play, so long as he makes the most of the opportunity if he's afforded it....

everyone on this forum is so fucking fickle...... go back three pages and youll see all your comments cumming ovrr the lad..... give him a break. hes missing barkley and hes missing gerrard.... we were more attacking and in the oppositions box far more than we have been of late. he made three great runs in the west brom game but had greedy bastards around him. would have slotted aswell.... am going to view this topic closely to watch all of you retract your statement after the derby.

Yeah, the pitch...heard that one enough and I think we all went over that enough in the matchday thread, ha!!! But from what I remember, WBA did fine zipping it around.

Anywaaaaay, I agree, nothing wrong with a bit of honesty from the lad, prefers to play a certain way. I prefer doggy to missionary, doesnt mean Im not gonna 'score' just cos I have to play a different way!!! Booyah!!!

:lol:

assuming the goofball was to counteract the 'dodgy' pitch? Anyway, got no issue with him speaking his mind on how to play he prefers to play, so long as he makes the most of the opportunity if he's afforded it....

I think it was more to exploit the lack of pace in WBA's defence and the likelihood of them pressing higher up the pitch due to the new manager.

everyone on this forum is so fucking fickle...... go back three pages and youll see all your comments cumming ovrr the lad..... give him a break. hes missing barkley and hes missing gerrard.... we were more attacking and in the oppositions box far more than we have been of late. he made three great runs in the west brom game but had greedy bastards around him. would have slotted aswell.... am going to view this topic closely to watch all of you retract your statement after the derby.

When he scored the other week (Soton I think) there was barely a bad word said against him, yet he played the same way he has been in pretty much every game this season (although I would agree the WBA was below that standard, albeit mainly the second half).

I don't think he works anywhere near hard enough for the loan striker role at present. His goals let him off the hook from some poor performances.

He complained that he's not a target man and he's being used as one. Unfortunately, when you're playing as a loan striker you need to get in behind and be a target man.

He doesn't win anywhere near enough headers and his hold up play isn't very good.

At 20 he's young and has plenty of time to improve, but if he's not willing to graft he will never become a proper goal machine and I wouldn't pay anymore than £20m for him.

Although I'm not really inspired by the Traore deal this will at least put some pressure on him because Martinez was not willing to go with Jelavic at all. He just didn't fancy him.

As much as I like Lukaku I would not be willing to spend £23m on Him at the moment but as said I'm sure other clubs would ie Spurs

He's a great young talent but the longer He's here the more I see of why Mourinho has loaned Him out and is hesitant to state His future clearly lies with Chelsea.

Like Mark 15m would be what I'd be prepared to spend at this moment in time.

As much as I like Lukaku I would not be willing to spend £23m on Him at the moment but as said I'm sure other clubs would ie Spurs

He's a great young talent but the longer He's here the more I see of why Mourinho has loaned Him out and is hesitant to state His future clearly lies with Chelsea.

Like Mark 15m would be what I'd be prepared to spend at this moment in time.

I Would pay £23M Pound aLl day long ! He is Still only 20 yeArs Old and has Huge potentiaL

£23m? If he was worth that then why would Chelsea sell him? In other words he isn't worth that.

I'm not saying I don't rate him, but for me the word potential is the things he should be doing better... Touch being one. He's a bit like crouch in that aspect, because he's always been huge his touch never needed to be so tight as he uses strength to prevent ball being nabbed. Crouch likewise never had to jump.

As soon as you are at prem level these things stand out.

I think Benteke is a better all round player and more suited to be a 'lone' striker. Benteke is 2 or 3 years older so maybe Rom will become the better player long term - who knows? Don't get me wrong, I would love Rom here permenantely but I'd say Benteke is more worthy of a £23m price tag currently.

I think Benteke is a better all round player and more suited to be a 'lone' striker. Benteke is 2 or 3 years older so maybe Rom will become the better player long term - who knows? Don't get me wrong, I would love Rom here permenantely but I'd say Benteke is more worthy of a £23m price tag currently.

Completely agree with this. Benteke is a better all round player. Would be available for the same type of money.

Guest blueboy122

Don't think he is worth anywhere near £23 million. His touch is woeful and there's no way I would be paying anywhere near that amount of money for a player with a touch as bad as his.