IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

For a player of his age, who has scored the goals he has, £23m would probably be the going rate. If we have that kind of money I'd love us to sign him.

I didn't realize the player was as prolific as just read up on Wikipedia. Averages a goal every two games for Aston Villa and seems to have only become recognized in the last year or two. If you indeed put the price in question into todays inflated market, then just over twenty million doesn't appear overly belligerent. Got the age factor also, as mentioned, so can only increase in value over time. Just maybe 20 million pounds would seem reasonable looking back in a year or two as he further establishes himself.

Could be. Might not be. Flip a coin and decide which side is either, 'he's a monster' or 'monster shite'.

One things for sure, Martinez is going to have to get very creative before January 31st. If we don't get players in, and decent ones at that, this season could peter out into a bit of a meh.

I think all the money is being saved for Lukaku in the summer. But now, if this injury is a long term one ( which it very well could be). We need to sign a top end striker with it. There is no use relying on traore who has had a fair share of injurys himself and Naismith. It needs sorting and although Jelavic wasn't doing much I think his sale could come back to haunt us.

Could be. Might not be. Flip a coin and decide which side is either, 'he's a monster' or 'monster shite'.

BTW, this Traore reminds me of Jo by his YouTube videos. Neat on the ball and has an eye for goal but could turn out to be a sausage.

Edited by MiguelCotto

This is obviously rash, but is it time to abandon the Lukaku ship? He hasn't put in a convincing 90 minutes for a couple months now for my money and this injury may well see him getting back to training at the end of the year. Hasn't looked a 22-23m striker to me.

We've got a giant coming in and by all reports he linked up well with Eto in the big man little man combo for Anzhi. Who can we bring in to play off him? How far off is McAleny? Is Batsuyahi (sp?) available for ~10m? I think if we're to have any realistic chance at Europe from the league or cup we need to look at making a statement now and setting out a real course for at least the rest of the season. Going to be a very big next 3 days and Villa will be very interesting.

or loan again, with Lukaku gone, EFC's loanee contingent would be down to 3.

We to sign someone on a permanant. I'm not overly impressed with Lukaku anyway. His goal tally has protected him from consistent poor performances.

I think we should buy Batshuayi out right now.

Can we cancel Lukakus loan spell? Didnt we pay something like 3m for the season? Id still keep hold of him, get him back for the end of the season to make an impact. We need another striker now.

If he's out for the rest of the season, there is no point keeping him at the club. None at all.

If he's out for the rest of the season, there is no point keeping him at the club. None at all.

true, but we dont know that yet ;) If we get him back for the last 3-4 hes worth holding on to. Plus, if we just unload him because hes injured, what message does that send to him?

We to sign someone on a permanant. I'm not overly impressed with Lukaku anyway. His goal tally has protected him from consistent poor performances.

I think we should buy Batshuayi out right now.

agree with this, I like the big games he's had for us but for me he is too hot and cold with too many rough edges.