IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Yeah, it was obviously fake, but to be fair in this day and age of cuntish footballers you can never be 100% so I can understand people being suspcious. The phrasing was completely over the top though - even if he did feel that way, the way it was written was clearly intended to antagonise, probably a red scouser.

I think the fact some people didn't instantly laugh it off says more about modern football than their naivety.

Seriously though, how empty would life have to be to go around doing things like that to stir shit up and try and get players into trouble with fans?

It's like these fakes on twitter. I don't have an account there but I came across an Ian Beale parody account, where he was 'Bealing' everyone, and whoever is behind the account is online constantly. Then this account is talking to other parody accounts of Eastenders characters. I mean it's funny but ultimately pretty pathetic as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-face-summer-transfer-dilemma-3181327

I think that's a fairly balanced write up. In my opinion we really do need to keep all our options open. I don't think Mourinho wants him back, but is he worth what they will ask for him?

If there is £20m available the cards are in our hands.

It's a tough one. Bony would probably cost £20m as well, and unless they get relegated I don't even think they would sell him. If we do decide against bidding that kind of fee for Lukaku, then it would have to be someone from abroad I think, as I can't think of anyone good enough already over here that would be cheap enough.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-face-summer-transfer-dilemma-3181327

I think that's a fairly balanced write up. In my opinion we really do need to keep all our options open. I don't think Mourinho wants him back, but is he worth what they will ask for him?

If there is £20m available the cards are in our hands.

At the moment, £20mill would be too much. But that's now, today. Lets see how he does to the end of the season. Its an open book just now.

Bony too, to much at £20mill. But he has the 'magical' 1 in 2 strike rate.

I'm not convinced we will go all out and splash £20mill on one player. If we do....well, get in!!!

Lukaku the beast will be reborn again in his next start! he will be worth 20m then.

If we had to make a desicion now i would say take the gamble. he has potential to become a 30/40m player.

It's all irrelevant, Kone will be back next season and Lukaku wouldnt stand a chance if he was here.

watch what happens when he gets service to run on to.

People are going to be snapping their necks changing the opinions so quickly (again)

Edited by Matt

Martinez made some good points about Lukaku in his press conference today. How expectations were raised, it's about playing 90 mins consistently week in/week out, taking instructions etc and that the injury came at a good time. As we've all said he looked spent before the injury.

Until the send of the season he needs to get his head down, stop making smart remarks to the press about CL football, score the goals that will get us as high up the table as possible and then we'll be in a position to evaluate how much he is worth.

It's going to take him in a couple of games to get up to match speed though. Hopefully he'll start banging them in before too long.

• 3 weeks later...