IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

In his last few games, Romelu has given some seriously underrated performances. He's become more than just a sledgehammer, giving decisive passes and assists. He's become a playmaker up front, a striker in a more and more pivotal role. I think he's developed tremendously from a player who often couldn't really pick out a good pass.

In today's market he has to be realistically worth around £18m in my opinion.

Has great potential and he has improved on some area's he was lacking whilst being here but as said his touch can be woeful and his timing with passes can be piss poor at times but that being said the positives and being proven in this league far out way any negatives for me.

If we had the money and he was touted for something similar to the above figure then I'd hope we seriously try to bring him in permanently if its around the 25+ mark then no thanks

I just get very frustrated with him during games

Well we paid 3M as a loan fee for the season and if any deal was to be done then the price we pay has to take that into account. Overall package of no more than 18M.

so 12M with a further 3M based on performance.

I can see him going to Dortmund though.

Never a £20m striker.

It's obvious there is an option to buy at the end of the season. Martinez mentioned it was not allowed to be discussed in January.

Considering we have paid £3m for the loan. I think we should offer £12m.

We to sign someone on a permanant. I'm not overly impressed with Lukaku anyway. His goal tally has protected him from consistent poor performances.

I think we should buy Batshuayi out right now.

I think he's worth £25m.

Something a long the lines of £15m upfront rest in installment. He's a must for me.

You have changed your tune.

i've heard there are talks already goin on for us to sign him and it's almost a cert that we will apparently..lad i know was tellin me(knows somebody at everton) and he's never steered me wrong before

If we get him for £15m I could go with that. But I think £20m will be the price.

Lets be honest though even if it is a £20m fee:- Fellaini + Anichebe = £33.5m sold........ McCarthy + Lukaku = 33m in......

I'd say that's great business....

The one thing I will say is this... The World Cup. Belgium have a great side and to be honest I see them going far, with Lukaku I think you will see him kick on in the summer in terms of confidence, do the business pre world cup and you may see us have a £30m rated striker on our books.

If we get him for £15m I could go with that. But I think £20m will be the price.

Lets be honest though even if it is a £20m fee:- Fellaini + Anichebe = £33.5m sold........ McCarthy + Lukaku = 33m in......

I'd say that's great business....

Agree, very good business.

No figures but said it will take up the majority of the money should it happen(no surprise really) will ask him for any more details when he gets them :) also apparently Graeme jones shops at his place so might ask if he can get a cheeky naked pic for haf! ;)

Of romelu??? Don't wanna see it, i've heard all about it... i'm comfortable enough in my own skin, apparently he changes all that.

Transfer News: Romelu Lukaku's agent has spoken to Tottenham about a transfer is a weird title for an article based on one in Het Nieuwsblad. Here's the Belgian article the SSN article is based on. The Belgian article's title is Everton in pole position to buy Lukaku. It says Lukaku's agent (he also represents Mirallas and Fellaini so he probably knows Kenwright well) has said that a report in the Daily Mail that Chelsea have agreed to sell Lukaku to Tottenham is rubbish. It says he has talked to Tottenham, but that he also has close ties with Everton, that they want to buy Lukaku and (I quote) "more importantly, Lukaku would also like to stay with Everton". Then they add their own speculation, no longer based on quotes from Lukaku's agent, that Everton might not be able to afford him if we don't make the Champions League as any move would likely have to break the club's transfer record.

I'd personally be happy to get him if we can for 20m. Let's not forget that he's still a year younger than Fellaini was during his first year here. Lukaku's already proven in the PL. I'm also convinced that he's the kind of character Martinez loves. He knows he's good and is determined to get even better.

I understand the point about him sometimes seeming disinterested or not giving his all. But I think it's important to understand his role. He is a poacher, a goal-scorer, and he can smell goals. His most two recent goals, to me, typify his approach. They are typical centre forward goals, where he threw himself in there and used his power to hit the net. Over time, he'll learn other aspects of his trade - just like Deulofeu is now learning how to defend. But you can't teach someone to smell goals; that's instinct.

If it doesn't work out at least we have a bit of money to shop around. Personally I'd like Dzeko if Lukaku doesn't come off.

The problem we have is wage demands if we want a real top end goal scorer we have to raise the wage cap to around 100k per week!