IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Honestly... Not arsed. If be thought anything of us and showed his appetite to develop then great. Thinks he he's more than he is.

hes frequently said he wants to play CL so he can be one of the best, how is that not an appetite to develop?

This thread has really polarised the fans.

The only thing I can add is this, " who was the last Everton player to score 15 in a season, and when?"

This is a real question too by the way, 'cos I've really no idea. Probably Latchford in the 18th century :I surrender:

Gives some idea of how important he'd be I guess.

The only thing I can add is this, " who was the last Everton player to score 15 in a season, and when?"

This is a real question too by the way, 'cos I've really no idea. Probably Latchford in the 18th century :I surrender:

Yakubu?

hes frequently said he wants to play CL so he can be one of the best, how is that not an appetite to develop?

Ambition or delusions of granduer? I would say the latter.

Point being, he was making statements about needing to play in champions league "whilst we had a top 4 finish in our hands", in the two games where we blew it against Palace and Southampton he was a passenger... So he thinks he's good enough to play in the champions league but didn't really do much to help us when we had it in our hands...

He wasn't the only one to play poorly in those games, but he was the only one talking about needing to be at a club that plays in the champs league. Annoying.

Yakubu?

Yeah, Yak scored 20 in his first season here. He knew where the goal was, I'll give him that. He then got injured and drifted away slightly, kind of what happens with most our strikers - Radzinski, Beattie, Johnson, Bent, Jelavic, Beckford to name a few.

The average top goals scored by a striker is around 12, fellaini got 11 last season as an attacking midfielder who played some games deeper.

Basically "Is 15 goals such a big deal when he has been the main striker in a team that performed so well and had a vastly improved possession stats?" For me it was a good tally, and one that met expectaions, rather than surpassed.

Ambition or delusions of granduer? I would say the latter.

Point being, he was making statements about needing to play in champions league "whilst we had a top 4 finish in our hands", in the two games where we blew it against Palace and Southampton he was a passenger... So he thinks he's good enough to play in the champions league but didn't really do much to help us when we had it in our hands...

He wasn't the only one to play poorly in those games, but he was the only one talking about needing to be at a club that plays in the champs league. Annoying.

So then its pointless to mention. Martinez has also mentioned being in the Champions League, but got his tactics wrong a few times, should we talk about him as all talk rather than ambition?

I would definitely say the former, considering his progress so far. I know its been touted before, but :

34h7xub.jpg

Sorry, cant find a smaller one. He thinks hes all that because, well stats show he is. You cant be average to already ahead of the likes of these guys. He has things to improve on but those figures speak for themselves.

The average top goals scored by a striker is around 12, fellaini got 11 last season as an attacking midfielder who played some games deeper.

Basically "Is 15 goals such a big deal when he has been the main striker in a team that performed so well and had a vastly improved possession stats?" For me it was a good tally, and one that met expectaions, rather than surpassed.

He missed a whole month of the season through injury, and wasn't even playing for us til September. If he'd not missed that amount of games I feel sure he'd have surpassed 20 league goals for us.

So then its pointless to mention. Martinez has also mentioned being in the Champions League, but got his tactics wrong a few times, should we talk about him as all talk rather than ambition?

I would definitely say the former, considering his progress so far. I know its been touted before, but :

34h7xub.jpg

Sorry, cant find a smaller one. He thinks hes all that because, well stats show he is. You cant be average to already ahead of the likes of these guys. He has things to improve on but those figures speak for themselves.

As I have stated before, being physically mature enough at 16 meant Lukaku had played more games than all the previous players - by the time he was 18 he had made 73 appearances for Anderlecht - more than any of those players at the same age plus he was featuring for longer in the games and starting - he was playing fore them whilst in school!!! .... Messi made his debut at 17 years and 114 days - he made 7 appearances that season. 17 appearances the next season...

Owen didn't feature for a full season till he was 18. This is all with discounting the fact that these players were playing in far tougher leagues.

Its very well stating the number of goals scored "by an age" - a physical specimen at 16 playing in a lower quality league for a superior team is one convenient way of trying to compare him to Messi, Owen and Rooney...

Regarding Martinez I don't see him stating that next season he wants to be at another club playing in the champions league, he has stated he will take Everton to the champions league.

He missed a whole month of the season through injury, and wasn't even playing for us til September. If he'd not missed that amount of games I feel sure he'd have surpassed 20 league goals for us.

That maybe so - in fact yes I would say he probably would score 20 in a full season, he's got a 1 in 2 ratio and that is more than respectable. I would also say that the whole "when was the last time someone scored x amount of goals" stat is up to debate.

I believe that many a decent striker would have flourished for us last season compared to other seasons, under Moyes we never played to suit the goal scoring striker, last season our play definately did.