IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

He is the only decent forward we have at the club so I dont think we should sell until January at the earliest

We already need to sign at least one established CF even if Lukaku stays so to be scrpping around looking for 2 or 3 a week before the season starts would be absolutely ridiculous

Has to be 2 for me, however i'm not convinced he's off.

Loic Remy? Proper finisher. Given a run of games he could be a very good player.

im not convinced. Younger Kone for me, certainly not a main striker candidate. That said, for the supposed fee, I'd take him as a back up and splurge on a better striker.

"Longest Thread for Drivel" is right.

Wow, I just, don't care anymore. He can leave; could've left last season because he's been disrespectful towards the club and the supporters for far too long now. In fact, if the club's going to keep him he should be doing some PR damage control to win everyone back. Obviously his agent has influenced things, but Pogba and Ibra, despite their own unique personalities have actually been pretty tight lipped about transfer dealings. Perhaps not the best examples, but at the very least, speculation seems to happen around them without them engaging the media directly. Regardless, he's been a dick, and I hope there are other prospects for the position that have talent, ambition and genuinely want to be at Everton.

This is not in reaction to any recent media outbursts, just how I feel about this whole pseudo-saga

If he's not sold in this window he's got to perform either way.

Can't wait till the day this is all over. He can score goals but that's about it.

If we cam replacement with a player that improves the team for that money then that should be our goal.

I would rather have a player that contributes to the team getting three points and we do is top six than a player that scores a goal every two games and we finish 11th.

Never in my life have I seen so many people get so over enthused about a player who really isn't all that.

It's all "Top trumps" mentality - how tall is your striker "6ft 4", how heavy is your striker "15 stone"..... like he's some sort of Marvel superhero/footballer. I've actually seen comments saying "he looks more of a beast with his dreadlocks".... seriously? This is football not WWE wrestling.

Fine specimen of a bloke - make no bones about it. But when you get down to it he has a very soft underbelly, he runs on ego not desire. He talks and talks and talks - yet when it comes down to it he really has not got the heart to match his ego's ambition. He never really has. Only when he gets dropped on the odd game because of lame perfr5omances will he show a bit of hurt/pride..... when the dust settles he reverts to type. Very adebuyor-esque.

I have no fear whatsoever of him being sold. Premier league defenders know how to play him:-

1. Get stuck in to him early (Otamendi, Blind, Olsen, Williams, Sakho (second game),

2. don't allow him to turn

3. light a cigar and put your slippers on.

I'm surprised Conte is going for him. Maybe he thinks he can tap into his head.

Maybe professional coaches just have a different opinion of the player than you do Haf?

yep that's very true - professional coaches do things like spend £50m on Raheem Sterling and David Luiz. They go and do crazy things like spend £13m on Niasse.

does being professional make their opinion any more valid than mine?

excited_girl-300x199-2.jpg

You mean Sunday League experience 10 years ago, doesn't qualify you having a better understanding of professional footballers, above elite level coaches and managers? Shut up StevO.

oh careful J - I may get all uppity and accuse you of being personal and throw my comic books out the pram.

I'm sure you would have plenty of potential candidates to replace him... did you apply for that director of football role?

Unless I'm mistaken - no one on here has any more credibility than anyone else for an opinion? or shall the site just pack up and make it a forum for the "thinking professional football club employee"... all we can do is make our point and state the reasons why - which I believe I do.

Edited by Hafnia

He's right though, thos OS why we have clubs and professional coach's queuing up for him....this bidding war could hit 100m if it continues.

Hang on a sec......?

the fact that only one club is making serious noises about signing him makes me anxious to get this deal done. Forget the noises he made about leaving etc etc - this is Everton and this is business. Get this done and arm Steve Walsh and Koeman with the money to get someone in for less who does more.

oh careful J - I may get all uppity and accuse you of being personal and throw my comic books out the pram.

I'm sure you would have plenty of potential candidates to replace him... did you apply for that director of football role?

Unless I'm mistaken - no one on here has any more credibility than anyone else for an opinion? or shall the site just pack up and make it a forum for the "thinking professional football club employee"... all we can do is make our point and state the reasons why - which I believe I do.

So you are doing it? What's that now, strike 3 or 4 against me? You can carry on your bully boy tactics buddy, doesn't really effect me anymore. 4/5 posters have called you out as a bully in the last 12 months alone but then again, no smoke without fire hey?

Nothing wrong with an opinion pal, you do quite often quantify reasons to slate professional football players because you once played amateur football (worlds apart). A story we hear multiple times. Or was this an opinion of a mate?

Edited by Lowensda

So you are doing it? What's that now, strike 3 or 4 against me? You can carry on your bully boy tactics buddy, doesn't really effect me anymore. 4/5 posters have called you out as a bully in the last 12 months alone but then again, no smoke without fire hey?

Nothing wrong with an opinion pal, you do quite often quantify reasons to slate professional football players because you once played amateur football (worlds apart). A story we hear multiple times. Or was this an opinion of a mate?

and the scenario repeats..... don't throw jibes out about me to "someone else" if you can't take jibes back - simple as that.

I started that one, fair enough, fed up of your incredible biased BS.

You can't justify your reasons, with solid evidence, ever. It all looks too much like an obsessed ex who just can't let it go, so spends the next few years making your life hell.

He's been a fucking weapon with what's he spurted in the media (which I'll give you) but to constantly say he's shite, when one of the top managers in the world wants to pay £60m+ for him, he can't be that bad.

Your opinion fine, but EVERY thread is redirected to the same thing. We know. You hate him. Prey he'll leave. Make us all happy again.

Lukaku is marmite - or put in a scientific manner he demonstrates Newtons third law - "every action action has an equal and opposite reaction"....

there is very little middle ground with most people on this lad.... a £28m signing at the time we made it for a lad who was mega hyped gave every Evertonian a massive interest in the player. Opinions were always going to be emotive - call it a massive force. So when people go OTT in praise - the same will happen in criticism.

For me I was mega optimistic when we signed him on loan, a big lad with pace and power who knew where the net was. Call it instinct or whatever but I just never seen him as an Everton player after a few games.... very raw to the point that I thought essential skills had been completely neglected.

It all comes down to "what do you want from a forward - give examples of who epitomises your idea of a forward" - for me if you wanted an example I would say "Andy Gray, Alan Shearer, Luis Suarez, Wayne Rooney" - common denominator "PASSION and TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE".

Even when there is a lack of technical excellence - passion and the commitment that goes with it can throw out a player who will more than satisfy what it is that you expect - look at Tim Cahill, not a striker but you get the drift.

I've seen very little to change my opinion of the lad other than the odd exceptional performance - which makes it all the more damning that we have tolerated his indifferences to the Everton shirt.