IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

This is a forewarning - lets please bask in the great game he's had and not bait Haf, who has been very reasonable and supportive in the Match Day thread

Like he had any other choice.......fucks sake.

Lukakus next miss-kick and he'll be all over him like a rash!

But your right Matt, let's bask in victory, 2nd place and a good performance from all.

What do Sutton and Sharp know about being a centre forward, Haf says he has nothing to his game other than his finishing?

Ah.... fair enough let's close the forum down. Just turn it into a news aggregator site where we paste articles stating the opinion of ex footballers - they over ride our opinions.

... one of whom is employed by the club and never speaks out of turn - supporting martinez when he was past supportable.... the other well let's just say I've never heard him say anything that makes sense.

But on the other hand when the likes of Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage, Harry Redknapp alluded to Lukakus lack of desire/laziness you weren't in here stating it's so just cos they said it, More recently carragher referring to his 1 or 2 out of 10 performances..... No mention there.... Why is that?

Fortunately I feel confident enough to observe, debate and conclude using my own mind....

Edit:- did sharpie actually say he was waiting for crosses to come into the box last season? Ffs graeme... Gérard deulofeu assists from by line. Say no more eh. The majority of Lukakus goals came from deulofeu. The majority of the ones he should have scored were crosses that whizzed across the 6 yard box (whilst he was on the penno spot).

But it's only now that he's had crosses????... misinformation like that kinda invalidates the rest of his article.

Edited by Hafnia

Ah.... fair enough let's close the forum down. Just turn it into a news aggregator site where we paste articles stating the opinion of ex footballers - they over ride our opinions.

... one of whom is employed by the club and never speaks out of turn - supporting martinez when he was past supportable.... the other well let's just say I've never heard him say anything that makes sense.

But on the other hand when the likes of Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage, Harry Redknapp alluded to Lukakus lack of desire/laziness you weren't in here stating it's so just cos they said it, More recently carragher referring to his 1 or 2 out of 10 performances..... No mention there.... Why is that?

Fortunately I feel confident enough to observe, debate and conclude using my own mind....

Edit:- did sharpie actually say he was waiting for crosses to come into the box last season? Ffs graeme... Gérard deulofeu assists from by line. Say no more eh. The majority of Lukakus goals came from deulofeu. The majority of the ones he should have scored were crosses that whizzed across the 6 yard box (whilst he was on the penno spot).

But it's only now that he's had crosses????... misinformation like that kinda invalidates the rest of his article.

Ha ha I thought that might touch a nerve !

I've agreed with you about his lack of consistency and that sometimes he doesn't show the desire. I'm on about his ability here. You are constantly on his back saying he can only finish and offers nothing else

So ok fair enough you don't value the opinion of Sutton and Sharp, how about Shearer and Ian Wright?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/08/ian-wright-and-alan-shearer-impressed-by-evertons-romelu-lukaku/

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/05/alan-shearer-praises-romelu-lukaku-display-in-everton-draw-with/

Ha ha I thought that might touch a nerve !

I've agreed with you about his lack of consistency and that sometimes he doesn't show the desire. I'm on about his ability here. You are constantly on his back saying he can only finish and offers nothing else

So ok fair enough you don't value the opinion of Sutton and Sharp, how about Shearer and Ian Wright?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/08/ian-wright-and-alan-shearer-impressed-by-evertons-romelu-lukaku/

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/05/alan-shearer-praises-romelu-lukaku-display-in-everton-draw-with/

You mean you posted articles from his false dawn 10 months ago? I mean let's face it we are in version 12 of his "the penny has dropped" aren't we.

Any chance you can post these articles from April, may this year? Maybe ones after his euro games where his complete lack of anticipation was highlighted?

Hasn't history taught you not to get carried away after one game where he does his job?

You mean you posted articles from his false dawn 10 months ago? I mean let's face it we are in version 12 of his "the penny has dropped" aren't we.

Any chance you can post these articles from April, may this year? Maybe ones after his euro games where his complete lack of anticipation was highlighted?

Hasn't history taught you not to get carried away after one game where he does his job?

64 goals in 120 games for Everton would tend to suggest he had done his job for more than one game , but don't let facts get in the way of your argument

And yes his form from April until the end of the season was shocking, making his stats even more remarkable, but go and read Gareth Barry's comments today about that period. The TEAM let their standards slip during that time

64 goals in 120 games for Everton would tend to suggest he had done his job for more than one game , but don't let facts get in the way of your argument

And yes his form from April until the end of the season was shocking, making his stats even more remarkable, but go and read Gareth Barry's comments today about that period. The TEAM let their standards slip during that time

It's not just that period though dunc is it. He's had 8 spells of 4 or more consecutive games on the bounce without scoring. He's patchy as fuck and it's got nothing to do with confidence....he's got to be one of the most brazen players there is.

Look at those patches.... reconcile them back to the match day reports. They coincide with him basically doing jack shit.

He scores a hatrick against cannon fodder and everything's rosy again? Speak to me about him in another few games. We've been here before.

Edited by Hafnia

4 goals so far this term, albeit 3 in 1 game. Hes looked likely to score in the previous games too and will no doubt be around the 20 figure mark come the end of the season providing he stays fit.

His link up play has improved vastly since koeman came in and with bolasi getting in cross after cross im sure he will provide lots of assists on top of the two he has so far.

4 goals so far this term, albeit 3 in 1 game. Hes looked likely to score in the previous games too and will no doubt be around the 20 figure mark come the end of the season providing he stays fit.

His link up play has improved vastly since koeman came in and with bolasi getting in cross after cross im sure he will provide lots of assists on top of the two he has so far.

You taking the piss? He never touched it and to be honest I thought he was poor today. Spent 20 minutes of the second half doing that "oh I'm injured unless the ball is laid on a plate for me"

Got booted from behind... Shepherds crook came out and he tried to argue to stay on.

He's being properly managed now. Thankfully.

I wanted Valencia to score in order to put the pressure.

Plus side is that the team look very strong and seem to be able to quieten his ego.

Edited by Hafnia

You taking the piss? He never touched it and to be honest I thought he was poor today. Spent 20 minutes of the second half doing that "oh I'm injured unless the ball is laid on a plate for me"

Got booted from behind... Shepherds crook came out and he tried to argue to stay on.

He's being properly managed now. Thankfully.

I wanted Valencia to score in order to put the pressure.

Plus side is that the team look very strong and seem to be able to quieten his ego.

He played well today. Honestly if you can't see that maybe you should take up cricket or something.

He played well today. Honestly if you can't see that maybe you should take up cricket or something.

He didn't play well really. He wasn't poor, he wasn't good. 6/10.

I think he will grow with this team... it's his only option. This team is going places and they will not tolerate passengers.

He didn't play well really. He wasn't poor, he wasn't good. 6/10.

I think he will grow with this team... it's his only option. This team is going places and they will not tolerate passengers.

He held the ball up well, scored one and assisted one. He did a good job today.

He held the ball up well, scored one and assisted one. He did a good job today.

He didn't score.

An assist... I have issues with that word but yeah he did actually do the basics pretty well.

Did he play well? No. Did he play badly? No. He was a 6 out of 10. That's not harsh, it's about right.

If idrissa gueye was 9 or 10/10 was lukaku 7? No.