IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Oh shit, I deleted your post, Haf, instead of clicking quote. Fucks sake!

Yeah yeah..... that old chestnut.

Basically i think hes been through a patch of not celebrating before. Was it jan time?

Strange like considering against arsenal he was like a man possessed.

My mischief mind may be thinking hes making himself look unhappy for bid attraction?

Edited by Hafnia

Rom wanted the penalty and took the ball but gave it back to Baines (which got a cheer from the gwladys). He ran back, high fiving someone on the way past then gave Baines a clap and thumb as he got back into position.

Think he did well in a frustrating game for the most part. He showed his frustration a few times today at others - I don't mind this as he was doing his job generally.

Yeah yeah..... that old chestnut.

Basically i think hes been through a patch of not celebrating before. Was it jan time?

Strange like considering against arsenal he was like a man possessed.

My mischief mind may be thinking hes making himself look unhappy for bid attraction?

If I'd done it on purpose I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Since Romelu Lukaku's debut for Everton in September 2013, only Sergio Aguero (77) and Harry Kane (59) have scored more Premier League goals than him (54)

That's Good to know, without meaning to take the piss and being a lazy twat do you know how many games they've each played in that time.

That's Good to know, without meaning to take the piss and being a lazy twat do you know how many games they've each played in that time.

if I wasn't on my phone I'd look it up

Edit: Aguero is 100 since 2013, Kane 96 if my maths is any good. Rom is at 123.

All based on wiki

Edited by Matt

Was alot better than i have seen in a while. Good and 'deliberate' in what he did. None of this half arsed jumping, trotting etc.

Scored a rasper with his right peg - i still insist hes not great with it - when he connects its great but its hit and miss.

His play in the build ups was very good. He looked moody... has the manager ripped into him and challenged him? If he has then great - if this is the response. More of the same please.

Mirror (FFS) reporting that he wanted the penalty and was a bit peeved that it wasn't his. There appear to be Koeman comments on this subject regards the positioning of the game (then just 1-0) etc.

We all want him to get goals, theres no forgiving Mirallas for the west brom hissy fit and the fa cup semi means Lukaku aint in top books for pen duty either. Score more from open play, who'd you think you are, Lampard (meh!)

Story is he wanted the penalty. Took the ball even though baines is designated taker and coleman grabbed it back - which is awesome.

Pity is he didn't celebrate it going in.

He gave a fist punch for the first goal but had a cob on in game after coleman pulling rank on him.

Ah well. 3 points.

Id be surprised if a goalscorer didnt try and get more goals but not at the cost of team orders etc. To not celebrate the scorer is out of order.

Edited by Hafnia

Story is he wanted the penalty. Took the ball even though baines is designated taker and coleman grabbed it back - which is awesome.

He gave a fist punch for the first goal but had a cob on in game after coleman pulling rank on him.

Ah well. 3 points.

Id be surprised if a goalscorer didnt try and get more goals but not at the cost of team orders etc. To not celebrate the scorer is out of order.

I'd need to watch it again, the commentator I was watching said Lukaku grabbed the ball and looked like he wanted to take it but went to baines and gave it to him. Seemed like baines was on duty.

Your story is contrary, so I'm not sure which it is to be honest.

Just watched highlights on OS and I did see Lukaku clapping for baines after the pen, so it wasn't like he was stone cold.

Double edged sword, we all want a striker so thirsty for goals he'd sell his own grandma, but when that thirst leads to others toes being stepped on then it escalates into an issue. Baines record is well above average, how many penalty misses does Lukaku have for us?

Koeman has suggested if it had been 2-0 then he'd have got the penalty, so there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.....

Non story. As others have said he claps Baines once it goes in.

Yeah he does after some time... has a chance to think it through. At the point of re kick off he turns and claps to baines.

Ideally the penalty taker gets the ball without any nonsense like that. Adds undue pressure.

Yeah he does after some time... has a chance to think it through. At the point of re kick off he turns and claps to baines.

Ideally the penalty taker gets the ball without any nonsense like that. Adds undue pressure.

He claps Baines as soon as it hits the net.... head down overhead clap....

It's hilarious how you're so quick to jump on any negative thing about Lukaku whether it's fiction or not. And you wonder why people give you shit over him.

Edited by Westlo

If Baines is the pen taker then Baines takes them regardless of the score. The only time that may change is if someone is on a hattrick and we are cruising.

I never get why players do this when they know who the taker is. If you want your name in lights then go shag a Kardashian!

He claps Baines as soon as it hits the net.... head down overhead clap....

It's hilarious how you're so quick to jump on any negative thing about Lukaku whether it's fiction or not. And you wonder why people give you shit over him.

Nothing hilarious about it.

Have a look at my post about how i thought he played before you start piping up and jumping on the bandwagon.

My point stands - the penalty taker is not something that is in question... no debate. Baines is the penalty taker... why did he need to be divisive? 1-0 is not the time to think about personal stats.

The only thing baines needs to thing about is the penalty - not politics.

Ive conceded that a striker should always want to score - thats fine. What isnt fine is sulking.... its not clear cut that he wasnt so wind your neck in and dont try and pick a quarell that simply isnt there. He applauded him from a distance - big of him... considering about 6 or 7 players went and congratulated him.

The lad played well yesterday. As good as he had at any stage in 2016. Happy?

My posts about lukaku are like barkleys passes.... you could be led to believe that all of them are bad. Thr truth is different.

Edited by Hafnia

If Baines is the pen taker then Baines takes them regardless of the score. The only time that may change is if someone is on a hattrick and we are cruising.

I never get why players do this when they know who the taker is. If you want your name in lights then go shag a Kardashian!

Exactly my point. Looks unprofessional and a penalty is high pressure enough without the taker thinking he has to justify his position to a team mate who wants to challenge his place.

I think baines has the best penalty record in the prem as it stands... absolutely no way should anyone be in front of him. Lukaku is not a good spot kick taker.

Ah well. 3 points.

Way I saw it and having watched the replays I think for the first goal he was a bit pissed off his effort didn't go in, and if Valencia hadn't been in a better position than him for the rebound he might've got to it so maybe he was a bit pissed it wasn't his goal. Pen he wanted and he may not have celebrated but he certainly applauded when it went in and it was delayed by him encroaching in his eagerness to get to any second chance; his goal he picked out Davies with a hug for the assist. Some selfishness in there maybe but aren't all the best strikers selfish?

Anyone in doubt look at his reaction after the late goal at Leicester, went mental.

Nothing in this for me.

Way I saw it and having watched the replays I think for the first goal he was a bit pissed off his effort didn't go in, and if Valencia hadn't been in a better position than him for the rebound he might've got to it so maybe he was a bit pissed it wasn't his goal. Pen he wanted and he may not have celebrated but he certainly applauded when it went in and it was delayed by him encroaching in his eagerness to get to any second chance; his goal he picked out Davies with a hug for the assist. Some selfishness in there maybe but aren't all the best strikers selfish?

Anyone in doubt look at his reaction after the late goal at Leicester, went mental.

Nothing in this for me.

Hes just a bit tony cottee for me when i want to see andy gray.

Hes just a bit tony cottee for me when i want to see andy gray.

WTF !

He's not Tony Cottee, he's not Andy Gray and he's not Dixie Dean............he's Romelu Lukaku.

Can just see it, Lukaku scores a Hat-trick in his next game...........but, he didn't smile, he didn't shake the physio's hand after the warm up..........AND he doesn't eat Everton mints, the mans a fucking discrace, I want him out of this club.

Plus he's making me look stupid.

WTF !

He's not Tony Cottee, he's not Andy Gray and he's not Dixie Dean............he's Romelu Lukaku.

Can just see it, Lukaku scores a Hat-trick in his next game...........but, he didn't smile, he didn't shake the physio's hand after the warm up..........AND he doesn't eat Everton mints, the mans a fucking discrace, I want him out of this club.

Plus he's making me look stupid.

I quoted this because. i'm a shit stirrer.