IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

We've got to respect the player here too and the key phrase the O'keefe uses is "the rate of change". Although Moshiri has come in and we do look to be moving forward. There's been no "major" ambition shown "yet".

Signings for me have been pretty meh! Looking more spectacular because of the shite we've put up with for 20 years.

We can all mention FFP but if we meant business we'd have splashed more cash than we have there's ways round it.

He's honest, he's ambitious, he expects more from the club we all expect more from. It's as much a kick up the arse to team mates to keep it going over the last 10 games - even a kick up the arse to those above that we need real quality in the summer if we want that next level.

I'm certain many will have a problem with this but as long as he keeps doing his job as he has been doing then his ambitions are justifiable. Koeman said himself last summer we need to match these ambitions if we're going to keep this standard of player and that doesn't just go for Lukaku.

Basically either sign a contact or fuck off. A lot of people sick of his shit and I for one have had enough. Not celebrating his goals anymore he's a necky little prick who needs to fuck off to his champions league team and become the next fucking whoever there.

No respect. I never cared about him treating the club as a stepping stone, but coming out in the press every 10 minutes and moaning about it is unprofessional. Absolute no respect for him anymore I'm sick to death of hearing about it.

Over and over again just embarrassing himself.

Edited by AidanLewis

So where's all this come from then because there's absolutely nothing wrong with his interview. He wants to

win trophies and he wants to play with the best players

around him. So do we. This is a huge summer. I'm confident Koeman and Walsh can bring in the quality needed. If we manage that then I'm fairly confident he'll want to stay!

Behind the scenes we are definitely still working on tight budgets. The "one in one out" rule proves this!

That's why we need to spend big this summer and show that we have the same ambition as him. Loads to improve on our squad so go out there and make a statement.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-romelu-lukaku-interview-transcript-12748126

Storm in a teacup there. At no point does he say he's leaving. The Echo really don't like us.

What a load of shite that was in the build up to this interview.

He was spot on in everything he said, let's face it most of us have been saying pretty much the same thing for years

Personally I'm delighted he has that kind of ambition and delighted it's put the onus well and truly on the board to make a big statement in the transfer window this summer

If they don't then I think Rom would be a fool to sign a new contract

Basically either sign a contact or fuck off. A lot of people sick of his shit and I for one have had enough. Not celebrating his goals anymore he's a necky little prick who needs to fuck off to his champions league team and become the next fucking whoever there.

No respect. I never cared about him treating the club as a stepping stone, but coming out in the press every 10 minutes and moaning about it is unprofessional. Absolute no respect for him anymore I'm sick to death of hearing about it.

Over and over again just embarrassing himself.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] So if he gets a 90th minute winner at Analfield in a couple of weeks you're not going to celebrate?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-romelu-lukaku-interview-transcript-12748126

Storm in a teacup there. At no point does he say he's leaving. The Echo really don't like us.

That's actually a really good interview. His answers are very professional, and you can't pick anything from it other than a guy who wants to play football as best he can. For once, it wasn't all about him. Quite mature actually.

The pleasing bit for me, following on from my earlier posts, is his remarks regarding the final 10 games. So long as he is as focused as he says, then that's part of my fear wiped out.

With regards to future plans, he can do whatever he wants to do. I've no doubts about this clubs ambitions. I'm pleased that in the summer, we seemed to refuse to get shafted on fee's. Gabbiadini is a real example of how it was working. Yep, he can mention City. But they were getting shafted on fees and wages in a way that just is not possible to satisfy compliances these days.

We'll see what happens in the summer.

Doesn't think much of Kane aha

Q: Would it mean more to you if Kane had been fit?

A: I dont look at that. I dont look at other players if they arent going to teach me anything. If I dont have the feeling that you arent going to teach me something, why should I look at you?

That is the thing that I have. I work on my aspects. I am focused on Everton and what I am doing. That is my focus.

Doesn't think much of Kane aha

Q: Would it mean more to you if Kane had been fit?

A: I dont look at that. I dont look at other players if they arent going to teach me anything. If I dont have the feeling that you arent going to teach me something, why should I look at you?

That is the thing that I have. I work on my aspects. I am focused on Everton and what I am doing. That is my focus.

Comviently glossing over this bit literally from the question before: "He is a top player (Kane). You want to see top players in the league. I am sad that he is injured. Everyone wants to see top players in the league and it is sad for Tottenham and him."

Comviently glossing over this bit literally from the question before: "He is a top player (Kane). You want to see top players in the league. I am sad that he is injured. Everyone wants to see top players in the league and it is sad for Tottenham and him."

Hardly a shining compliment compared to the weight in the rest of the interview. To cherry pick I'd have have used the bit about only looking At Cavani etc.

Hardly a shining compliment compared to the weight in the rest of the interview. To cherry pick I'd have have used the bit about only looking At Cavani etc.

Fuck me, you really do have a bee in your bonnet about needing to be proven right that Kane is a one season wonder don't you? If you can't see how Kane is a top player I'd suggest watching a different sport.

Lukaku could have looked at Kanes first goal against us and thought "I need to be able to do that". Take the ball back to goal - step out and turn and create the space to run and shoot. Alternatively he could just ask his team mates who were marking him about why he had them all over the place.

Not too much wrong with the interview in my book. He can just shut up now and get on with the season.

You can't be a one season wonder if you've done it 3 seasons in a row at the highest level.

Kane is a top striker in the Premier League. Maybe not yet recognised on the continent, but a go at the Champions league might change that. It would have been good to see him and Lukaku shoot it out to the end of the season.

You can't be a one season wonder if you've done it 3 seasons in a row at the highest level.

Kane is a top striker in the Premier League. Maybe not yet recognised on the continent, but a go at the Champions league might change that. It would have been good to see him and Lukaku shoot it out to the end of the season.

Kane has worked harder at his game than anyone based on how he has improved. He's a complete striker now.

Naturally a very good finisher but the focus he applies to each game is amazing. He just doesnt stop working the defenders. Never stood still - even when he is it with an intention to dart into a space. Our players could not cope with him.

Fuck me, you really do have a bee in your bonnet about needing to be proven right that Kane is a one season wonder don't you? If you can't see how Kane is a top player I'd suggest watching a different sport.

Lukaku could have looked at Kanes first goal against us and thought "I need to be able to do that". Take the ball back to goal - step out and turn and create the space to run and shoot. Alternatively he could just ask his team mates who were marking him about why he had them all over the place.

Not too much wrong with the interview in my book. He can just shut up now and get on with the season.

No disrespect Haf, but that's exactly what you are like over Lukaku mate.

No disrespect Haf, but that's exactly what you are like over Lukaku mate.

Huge difference - pete0 called kane a one season wonder. Refused to accept that he has any positives other than playing for a good team.

I have on numerous occasions said that Lukaku will always score goals- he's a natural finisher and a supreme athlete.

I have called him out on several things mainly:

Touch and ability to retain the ball

Work ethic and movement off the ball - wastes his athletic gifts too often

Attitude- no hunger in some games.

Detachment from Everton.

I have been specific to the point that of repetition where I believe he let's himself down - but when he improves or shows willingness to do the more dirty work I give him the right recognition.

The fact that I don't rate him as highly as most does the mean I dont think he's good. His record speaks for itself but I believe on many occasions he has short changed himself and most critically the fans.

He talks about being the best striker in the world or trying to be... I for one don't think he's near that. He lacks the technical aptitude to get to that level - so does kane ironically.

What they both can be and kane has worked hard at being is the best of the rest. Both very good and cool in front of goal.

Rom has the athletic edge - Kane has the intelligence/work ethic/desire. For me that makes me rank kane as the best option for any club given the choice of either player.

But no... there is absolutely no comparison to me and PeteO in our criticisms of a player. Pete steadfastly refuses to give praise even when it's right there in front of him be it jags or kane.

Huge difference - pete0 called kane a one season wonder. Refused to accept that he has any positives other than playing for a good team.

I have on numerous occasions said that Lukaku will always score goals- he's a natural finisher and a supreme athlete.

Detachment from Everton.

I have been specific to the point that of repetition where I believe he let's himself down - but when he improves or shows willingness to do the more dirty work I give him the right recognition.

The fact that I don't rate him as highly as most does the mean I dont think he's good. His record speaks for itself but I believe on many occasions he has short changed himself and most critically the fans.

He talks about being the best striker in the world or trying to be... I for one don't think he's near that. He lacks the technical aptitude to get to that level - so does kane ironically.

What they both can be and kane has worked hard at being is the best of the rest. Both very good and cool in front of goal.

Rom has the athletic edge - Kane has the intelligence/work ethic/desire. For me that makes me rank kane as the best option for any club given the choice of either player.

But no... there is absolutely no comparison to me and PeteO in our criticisms of a player. Pete steadfastly refuses to give praise even when it's right there in front of him be it jags or kane.

The comparison is that you said he's hell bent on proving a point on Kane when he's clearly wrong (no idea if he has or hasn't tbh) and you are exactly the same over Lukaku. Valid points or not, you're hell bent on proving your point on your opinion of him and in my opinion, you're wrong or at best hugely over critical of him.

Honestly its about time someone from the club came out and said what all the fans are thinking, I'm happy he's done what hes done and said what he's said. Hopefully its puts lights the fire under their arses and we start showing the ambition that we all know we can achieve.

At no point did he say he wants to leave, although he didn't confirm he wants to stay. I think if we show him real ambition with high profile players in the summer then he will stay for at least another year.

Detachment from Everton.

Can you just go through your views on Lukaku one more time. I'm not sure you've made them clear. *yawn

I'll tell you one of my concerns about the tone of some comments regarding Lukaku and our ambition, him staying etc. And hopefully I get this point across correctly, because it's not a dig at anyone, but if I word it wrong, it could be taken the wrong way! This is where I struggle a bit on here compared to the spoken word!!!

It feels like we are wanting the club to show, or speak of, ambition in order to satisfy Lukaku alone. Almost like Lukaku is the one we need to bow to. Like he is the most significant individual to the future of the Club.

To me, Lukaku is one piece of a big jigsaw. The club should not fear losing him. The club should show its ambition, not to please one man, beg him to stay, or give in to his needs, but to attain the rest of the jigsaw pieces. The club shouldn't spend hundreds of millions on players to satisfy one man's perception of ambition, but spend the right money on the right players to get us to that next level because it's the right thing to do for the club.

One man doesn't make this club. He is part of the club, like many other people. We need to be careful that we don't become blinded by the flashing lights.

(You can tell I'm off this week...more posts than the last month already!!!)

It feels like we are wanting the club to show, or speak of, ambition in order to satisfy Lukaku alone. Almost like Lukaku is the one we need to bow to. Like he is the most significant individual to the future of the Club.

I don't feel like that, however he is the only one publicly (rightly or wrongly) who is expressing what we all want to know and that's whether the club really has ambition or it's all talk. Let's be fair to him, we've had several 'guarantees' before Fortress Sports Fund, Kings Dock. Maybe Lukaku IS more of an Everton fan than we'd like to believe ;)

Have you ever noticed the weaker players in the squad coming out and being so public? No, probably because they're happy with their mega wages and training/bench position. Of course they wouldn't jepordise their position at the club. Admittedly, Lukaku knows that he's in a stronger position (than them) to say what we all want to hear because he knows that he's an asset not easily replaced.

His "perception" of ambition is winning things. It's also my perception of ambition. If he wants the club to win things, I do to. Does that make me a supporter of his feelings toward ambition or my club, for wanting them to win something to?

Finally we have a player that actually cares about the direction of the club and people think it's a bad thing?