IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Go and look at the pass map. Then again when have you let the facts get in the way of refusing to be wrong.

I've don't need a pass map! I've seen it with my own eyes... Even you said we passed 160 odd times less last games. The majority of those 160 were probably between the centre backs.

if i see romelu lukaku point to where he want the through ball threading only to be two feet off the pace when its played, im going to shoot him. thus is a teal threat and anyone who reads this will be charged also with conspiracy to murder as they had full knowledge of this fact and didnt act on it.

It would help sometimes (not all the time mind) if Barkley didn't want to have 5 more touches and look up at least twice only to hold onto it again so he has to check his run at least twice by the time Barkleys decided to let go of it the defenders have had a cup of tea waiting to step out.

It would help sometimes (not all the time mind) if Barkley didn't want to have 5 more touches and look up at least twice only to hold onto it again so he has to check his run at least twice by the time Barkleys decided to let go of it the defenders have had a cup of tea waiting to step out.

wasn't unique to the ball Barkley played, McGeady played it inch perfect for Rom to run where he pointed, he just didn't move and never tried to force the defender off the ball.

His awareness of the line is pretty poor, why on earth he felt the need to run before Barkley passed the ball for the offside leading up to their goal I will never know.

Its nothing new, for WBA Lukaku had the highest % of offsides per game in the league as at March 2013 - 2.5 times per game. The average from the top 10 most flagged players is about 1.2 per game.

Maybe Rom is just unlucky - or maybe he has to time his runs better as Michael Owen said - I didn't like that lad but as a player he was an expert at staying onside.

He was caught offisde far more times than he should be

Sorry I can't join in with your dislike of the player yet J, its not like i'm a big fan either, its more of a case of trying to stop the lad getting a rough deal in order for him to maybe have the best chance of making it.

The thing i don't understand with the whole aiden bashing is, he was our best player in the first half. Past it well, tracked back, tackled, shot on sight, positive runs... And if I'm not mistaken the TT site was praising the lad until the sending off.

Then it was all 'he's fucking shit' talk once again. Yes he should have thought about staying on his feet as he was on a yellow but I bet anyone a pound that, cause this guy is the easy target, if he allowed that lad straightpast without so much as a sniff of a tackle he would have been branded a shit house.

The lad can't do right for doing wrong with everton fans.

He tried to dribble out against Newcastle and cost us a goal. He was then slated. Stones tried the same thing last night and when I posted my anger at that, I was told to calm down.

The problem with McGeady (unfortunately for him) is that we have this guy called Kevin Mirallas and he sort of sets the standard.

When you get Kevs quality you become accustom to seeing that level week in week out. Unfortunately McGeady just doesn't make the grade.

I'm sure if there was no Mirallas and we were a consistent bottom half team he'd be rated better.

Guest rusty747

The thing that gives me hope with Aiden is that he has, bit by bit, bought into the Everton way. I'm not saying he always gets it right but he is imho trying to do the right thing and I defy anyone to question his attitude and commitment. Of course, there has to be an end product and whether he is good enough is a genuine debate. But after his last couple of performances there is no doubt in my mind that he knows what is required of him and is busting his guts to try to deliver.

Even Nais (what better example) gave him a pat on the head at half time as a gesture of appreciation for his efforts. Let's give the lad our support and hope he comes good like Nais has and Robles is doing shall we?

The thing i don't understand with the whole aiden bashing is, he was our best player in the first half. Past it well, tracked back, tackled, shot on sight, positive runs... And if I'm not mistaken the TT site was praising the lad until the sending off.

Then it was all 'he's fucking shit' talk once again. Yes he should have thought about staying on his feet as he was on a yellow but I bet anyone a pound that, cause this guy is the easy target, if he allowed that lad straightpast without so much as a sniff of a tackle he would have been branded a shit house.

The lad can't do right for doing wrong with everton fans.

He tried to dribble out against Newcastle and cost us a goal. He was then slated. Stones tried the same thing last night and when I posted my anger at that, I was told to calm down.

The problem with McGeady (unfortunately for him) is that we have this guy called Kevin Mirallas and he sort of sets the standard.

When you get Kevs quality you become accustom to seeing that level week in week out. Unfortunately McGeady just doesn't make the grade.

I'm sure if there was no Mirallas and we were a consistent bottom half team he'd be rated better.

.... What about the double standards he receives?

are you an Apple or an android man MC?,

are you an Apple or an android man MC?,

I think he's on tablets myself. :)

It's unfortunate that McGeady was sent off last night, especially since, as most noted, he took the first yellow on the chin to save the team. Plus, plenty were praising him at half-time for his effort and commitment and contribution. All that was turned on its head when an over-enthusiastic challenge cost him a sending off. There's no doubt that he's inconsistent and can be frustrating, but I can see definite signs of improvement. He doesn't deserve much of the flak he's getting.

Maybe Mirallas can teach him a couple of new tricks. In return, he could teach Mirallas the offside rule. ;)

The thing that gives me hope with Aiden is that he has, bit by bit, bought into the Everton way. I'm not saying he always gets it right but he is imho trying to do the right thing and I defy anyone to question his attitude and commitment. Of course, there has to be an end product and whether he is good enough is a genuine debate. But after his last couple of performances there is no doubt in my mind that he knows what is required of him and is busting his guts to try to deliver.

Even Nais (what better example) gave him a pat on the head at half time as a gesture of appreciation for his efforts. Let's give the lad our support and hope he comes good like Nais has and Robles is doing shall we?

At the game he does get support Rust, he gets the same support as all the other players, same cheers when his name gets read out, same encouragement when he has the ball and the same applause if he is subbed it's not like he gets booed but here he gets the stick his performances warrant.

I really don't like him my heart sinks when I see he's in the team and those around me in the ground feel the same but if you were an outsider looking in you'd never know it if you sat through a game. Regardless of fans favourite or least favourite players everyone in the ground gets behind the team.

At the game he does get support Rust, he gets the same support as all the other players, same cheers when his name gets read out, same encouragement when he has the ball and the same applause if he is subbed it's not like he gets booed but here he gets the stick his performances warrant.

I really don't like him my heart sinks when I see he's in the team and those around me in the ground feel the same but if you were an outsider looking in you'd never know it if you sat through a game. Regardless of fans favourite or least favourite players everyone in the ground gets behind the team.

This! Naismith got absolute dogs abuse! McGeady hasn't had anywhere near the abuse Steven got.

This! Naismith got absolute dogs abuse! McGeady hasn't had anywhere near the abuse Steven got.

It was piss poor wasn't it, half the ground used togroan when his name was called out. Used todo my head in.

Can't be easy hearing 20 thousand plus people groan at your name knowing you'regoing to have toperform in front of them.

Goes to show how much balls thelad has.

Sorry I can't join in with your dislike of the player yet J, its not like i'm a big fan either, its more of a case of trying to stop the lad getting a rough deal in order for him to maybe have the best chance of making it.

:rofl: seriously, your avatar is next to the word hypocrisy in the dictionary....

frustration aside, this is pretty much how I feel

"I think there has been a little change in mentality for him,” he told the ECHO. “In the last three games he has been strong, fast, powerful"

"I think there has been a little change in mentality for him,” he told the ECHO. “In the last three games he has been strong, fast, powerful

"

If I was to be picky I would say his last game he showed moments of this - in his previous two absolutely no doubt - his run at the end of injury time was special and earlier on in the game it would have been a goal.

However I am just relieved to hear it again from a player that its not the pattern of play, its not a direct ball its down to "ROMS MENTALITY" - he decides when he is gonna be strong, fast and powerful.

I understand that his most fervent supporters would hate to apportion any blame to Roms lack of effort or technical shortfalls - but it has been as clear as day that being dropped has kicked his backside. He is like a thoroughbread racehorse with a bit of an attitude, he needs a jockey who take no messing and show the whip at any sign of playing up.

For me, Roms success is going to be very dependant on how Martinez manages the player psycholgically. It is quite telling that one of his closest friends has identified that its Roms mentality that is responsible for his recent uplift. I guess the team will help him along and give him a kick when needs be.