IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

when he's 22 he will have 2 consecutive seasons scoring double figures and the player directly responsible for most points earned by a single player....

When he's 22 maybe we can stop saying he's only 21.

If he works hard then I will accept whatever from him. But it's not always the case.

If he works hard then I will accept whatever from him. But it's not always the case.

he can be 35 with the touch of *insert joke here*.

Don't care, so long as he wins games. Which is what he is doing...

Come on Haf, forget this hard work crap. We all had a moan when Moyes turn seasoned poachers like Beattie and Yak and had then working hard chasing balls into the channels, and not scoring goals.

I've always believed the strikers job is not to work hard, it's to put the ball in the net. As long as he is doing that I don't care.

“It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception,” Lukaku told The Sun.

They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

I would actually like him to get to playing like he deserves to be at what he considers to be a "top club" - at the moment he isn't performing anywhere near good enough. Chelsea woulkd not have sold him if he is or is going to be a good player.

“It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception,” Lukaku told The Sun.

They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

I would actually like him to get to playing like he deserves to be at what he considers to be a "top club" - at the moment he isn't performing anywhere near good enough. Chelsea would not have sold him if he is or is going to be a good player.

I agreed with the first bit, but that last bit is nonsense They sold him to get money, helped balance the books after they spent a fortune on Costa, Fabregas and the lad they had previously sold, Matic. They're rumoured to be looking at buying back De Bruyne too in the summer. Its all money

I agreed with the first bit, but that last bit is nonsense They sold him to get money, helped balance the books after they spent a fortune on Costa, Fabregas and the lad they had previously sold, Matic. They're rumoured to be looking at buying back De Bruyne too in the summer. Its all money

Chelsea are now in the business of buying "proven quality" - they ended 2014 at a profit - they didn't need to balance the books they have millions - its helped with the fair play system but are clubs really bothered by it yet?

If Lukaku ends up being an elite striker which I doubt then maybe they will look at him.

For now Lukaku needs to focus on becoming good enough to play for Everton - shut up talking to the press, learn how to "play" football, motivate himself for every game - not ones where he needs to prove himself. He has been extremely ordinary for over a full year now.

Chelsea are now in the business of buying "proven quality" - they ended 2014 at a profit - they didn't need to balance the books they have millions - its helped with the fair play system but are clubs really bothered by it yet?

If Lukaku ends up being an elite striker which I doubt then maybe they will look at him.

For now Lukaku needs to focus on becoming good enough to play for Everton - shut up talking to the press, learn how to "play" football, motivate himself for every game - not ones where he needs to prove himself. He has been extremely ordinary for over a full year now.

Agreed there but thats about it.

Talking to the press... Its the sun. I think we should all know better than to listen to what they "report"

He doesn't say he wants to leave, that he wants to play for a European elite. Blame him? No. Will he get there? Not if he doesn't start performing better. Could he get there? Yeah, once he proves it at Everton.

The hate on him this morning is ridiculous. SSN stirring shite again.

Edited by tenaciousj

oh my fucking word... how fucking cheeky. who the fuck in his family is bigging this lad up cause its actually embarrassing to watch the comments that come out of this guys mouth.

there is burnley and qpr strikers who arr performing better than this lad.

i bet he plays himself on fifa and changes his ratings to 100 for every attribute whilst surrounding himself with the likes of messi and neymar..

the lad needs help.

In principle what he's saying is ok - the fact that he wants to go back and play at a "top" club again "at some point"You can't really begrudge that. He's not going to win the league or CL here.

Its the way SKY have worded it. "Lukaku wants top club move" as though he wants to leave now. He hasn't said that at all!

Brett is right the strikers at QPR and Burnley are out shining him atm and right now they'd be playing ahead of him if they were our players. If someone offered £20m this summer I'd probably sell.

In principle what he's saying is ok - the fact that he wants to go back and play at a "top" club again "at some point"You can't really begrudge that. He's not going to win the league or CL here.

Its the way SKY have worded it. "Lukaku wants top club move" as though he wants to leave now. He hasn't said that at all!

Brett is right the strikers at QPR and Burnley are out shining him atm and right now they'd be playing ahead of him if they were our players. If someone offered £20m this summer I'd probably sell.

I'm hoping we do sell him. This sounds harsh but I think we may be better going two up front with another formation next year. Change it up a bit. I also would like a more agile striker.

I always feel like lukaku looks laboured when he plays. No one can argue against his goal records but I feel there will be other strikers that would bring more out of our attacking mids than lukaku does.

I honestly wouldn't mind selling him at £20m. I'm actually sick of the Mirallas saga too. If they don't want to be here fuck them and we'll move on.

The big players here should be the ones who want to play for us. Our main assets are Barkley and Stones who you don't hear a peep out of. Let's get rid of the mercenaries! It's having a proper negative effect on the whole club now.

Edited by MC11

I honestly wouldn't mind selling him at £20m. I'm actually sick of the Mirallas saga too. If they don't want to be here fuck them and we'll move on.

The big players here should be the ones who want to play for us. Our main assets are Barkley and Stones who you don't hear a peep out of. Let's get rid of the mercenaries! It's having a proper negative effect on the whole club now.

I think it will really benefit the club to have a face lift. It will probably also give bobby more options to change styles aswell. We will never be able to go out and buy six or seven new faces but we could ship out four and bring in four or five new ones. Newcastle have done this in the past and benefited hugely. there only downfall is they never had a good enough manager to do anything with them.

Spot on. The Belgians can fuck off. Will gladly take 30m for them combined.

Can only assume he was given the ok by the club to do the interview, if not he should get a bollocking. If he was then don't allow them to do any more interviews until the team is playing better.

While I'm not enthralled by his comments I'd assume something got lost/added in the translation. It's hard to take it too seriously when he's been crap as he has.

Response from Bobby will likely be along the lines of "what I saw was an incredible desire to improve"

Can only assume he was given the ok by the club to do the interview, if not he should get a bollocking. If he was then don't allow them to do any more interviews until the team is playing better.

While I'm not enthralled by his comments I'd assume something got lost/added in the translation. It's hard to take it too seriously when he's been crap as he has.

Response from Bobby will likely be along the lines of "what I saw was an incredible desire to improve"

Phenominal character with a special blend.