IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

getting basic service is a fundamental requirement of scoring goals too, which he hasn't had all season.

Stick recycled chip fat in a Bugatti. It'll move but it won't perform. Give it premium fuel and it will roar.

Basic service? Seriously Matt. If that means not having to control a ball or be expected to be able to win the thing in the air then I'm honestly at a loss as to what team deserves this ultra striker we have on our hands.

He's a fuckin disgrace and I've had it up to my eyeballs with all this bullshit. It's like trying to get diana friggin Ross on stage making sure she's got 40 litres of Evian, rose petals on the floor and gold plated pens to sign autographs.

There are 1000's of strikers who would score a shit load of goals with the "service" he prescribes. the reality is, good strikers don't need the specifics, they get it done.

Basic service? Seriously Matt. If that means not having to control a ball or be expected to be able to win the thing in the air then I'm honestly at a loss as to what team deserves this ultra striker we have on our hands.

He's a fuckin disgrace and I've had it up to my eyeballs with all this bullshit. It's like trying to get diana friggin Ross on stage making sure she's got 40 litres of Evian, rose petals on the floor and gold plated pens to sign autographs.

There are 1000's of strikers who would score a shit load of goals with the "service" he prescribes. the reality is, good strikers don't need the specifics, they get it done.

ok, and tou don't hate him :lol:

talking about Ross... Why don't you have the same level of criticism for your underachieving golden boy? The lad you so were so sure was going to go on to be massive! Who has been crap, all season. Why doesn't he get the same amount of criticism when he's creating even less?

He may not get David silva and fabregas feeding him balls every 5 seconds but he usually has 1 clear cut chance a game(most games many more). I've been one of the patient ones waiting and waiting and waiting. I've backed him and still will, but the fact is Charlie Austin and Danny Ings and the like get shit service from shit teams and still find the back of the net.

I can't coubt on my hands anymore the times it's been a clear chance and he's lost the ball in his legs, tripped, can't control it, miss headed it, etc. as far as service he's had the ball in front of him and 2 or 1 defender so many times and he's converted maybe 1 of those. He says "I like the ball at my feet and 1 v 1s", you sure? he needs to put in a goal a match (almost) from here out to match last season or hit what most here would expect (15 goals).

Matt - if we don't get service then why do we play this way? We could have easily got a benzema type striker that holds up and links up play but isn't required to score all the goals relying more on mirallas, Barkley, and other winger.

Matt - if we don't get service then why do we play this way? We could have easily got a benzema type striker that holds up and links up play but isn't required to score all the goals relying more on mirallas, Barkley, and other winger.

because were trying to expand his game, since he's young and still developing.

There is some similarities to those, both couldn't score from two yards out with the keeper wrong footed. #USA94

Edited by Brett Angel

What is the service he needs for him to perform? I didn't see the Chelsea game but Lukaku had the best chance by both teams in the game. He missed. The BBC stats said he missed from 'very close range'. Some reports said that Cech made a brilliant save with his foot. The reality is that it shouldn't have been anywhere near Cech, he should have scored and we would have got a draw (or even a win if Chelsea had panicked). On the few games I have seen, he is a £5m player, certainly not a £28m player. Hope I have to eat my words by the end of the season.

i know, I'm just a bit occupied and haven't got the time to repeat myself over and over . This is just one example.

And Haf, yes. Play to his strengths and avoid his weaknesses. That's true for every single player. He was brought in to score goals, we're not really giving him a chance to do that.

Don't tell me that if Harry Kane was up front, he'd only have 8 goals (or whatever) like Big Rom. Kane is clearly in a different class than Rom and he can create something out of (seemingly) nothing, not to mention he can control his touches. Is it silly to compare to these two lads? Maybe, but Lukaku is just not on the same level, period. But look at the attitude difference as well - night and day.

Don't tell me that if Harry Kane was up front, he'd only have 8 goals (or whatever) like Big Rom. Kane is clearly in a different class than Rom and he can create something out of (seemingly) nothing, not to mention he can control his touches. Is it silly to compare to these two lads? Maybe, but Lukaku is just not on the same level, period. But look at the attitude difference as well - night and day.

Thats racist.

I'm willing to give, Coleman, Baines, Jags, Barry, Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith, McGeady and to a greater extent McCarthy and Stones a break !

Because, in all honesty they have not performed as well as they did last season.Come to that Martinez, is another who isn't exactly having a 'good' season.

Therefore, despite a few chances missed, headers gone astray and at times a sluggish performance, I'm going to offer Lukaku the same charity.

To be honest if Lukaku is crap.....so are quite a few other Everton players this season.

What about the coaching staff ! Barkley and Lukaku both 21.......they need coaching, the talent is there within both of them, are YOU doing enough, are YOU good enough.

Lukaku looked shit hot at WBA (didn't he get 18 goals), were they playing to his strengths !, were the coaching staff better than ours !

Barkley, has potential comming out of his ears, do WE have the potential to help the lad.

ok, and tou don't hate him :lol:

talking about Ross... Why don't you have the same level of criticism for your underachieving golden boy? The lad you so were so sure was going to go on to be massive! Who has been crap, all season. Why doesn't he get the same amount of criticism when he's creating even less?

I think if Barkley starts coming out giving it the big "I spoke to the manager and got him to play a certain way" or "I'm the complete midfielder" or "I need champions league". Then he will get the fuck off treatment too.

Two big differences between those players, one has a unique talent and needs guidance and patience, the other is shite and needs a slap and being told to shut up.

Ultimately the difference is when either are sold one will make us a huge profit the other a loss.

Edited by Hafnia

What is the service he needs for him to perform? I didn't see the Chelsea game but Lukaku had the best chance by both teams in the game. He missed. The BBC stats said he missed from 'very close range'. Some reports said that Cech made a brilliant save with his foot. The reality is that it shouldn't have been anywhere near Cech, he should have scored and we would have got a draw (or even a win if Chelsea had panicked). On the few games I have seen, he is a £5m player, certainly not a £28m player. Hope I have to eat my words by the end of the season.

He was too close to Cech and it happened too fast for him to place it in a corner. In my opinion it was neither a bad miss or a great save; nineteen times out of twenty it would have been a goal but Cech made himself as big as he could and got lucky.

I think if Barkley starts coming out giving it the big "I spoke to the manager and got him to play a certain way" or "I'm the complete midfielder" or "I need champions league". Then he will get the fuck off treatment too.

Two big differences between those players, one has a unique talent and needs guidance and patience, the other is shite and needs a slap and being told to shut up.

Ultimately the difference is when either are sold one will make us a huge profit the other a loss.

bullshit. Ultimately it comes down to who can perform.

The fact you can make that distinction... Wow...

will admit, he should've out that 1 opportunity he had in the game (that I saw at least) away. The fact you can count the number of chances he gets a game on the hand of a blind carpenter is embarrassing. But hey, he cost a lot o money, he should be able to raiser he dead for what we paid

:dry:

(Thats not for you John, just fed up of having to defend Evertons best goal scorer in my lifetime, near enough)

bullshit. Ultimately it comes down to who can perform.

The fact you can make that distinction... Wow...

you are trying to get me to dislike Barkley as a player based on my criticism of lukaku?, my criteria is plain to see. Don't fall into this "Barkley is like Rom" nonsense.

Absolute world of difference as footballers. Not much apart in performance this year.

Put it this way.... Put Barkley on the market for £25m and he's sold to one of 4 clubs. Lukaku???? Forget it.

I'm going to give Lukaku the benefit of the doubt here because put simply, Everton has turned every striker we have put up top into shite. Sorry but that's just the truth. Having said that, I continue to get frustrated with Lukaku's play at time and will continue to do so until he stops for example letting easily controllable balls get away or go offside again and again.

Btw Matt you are fed up trying to defend him because that's a difficult job.

At a wild stab in the dark he's fed up of trying to defend him because he's repeating himself time and time again, then you repeat yourself time and time again. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm fed up reading him defending Lukaku, and I'm fed up of hearing you tear him to shreds. I'd bet the rest of the board is too.

At a wild stab in the dark he's fed up of trying to defend him because he's repeating himself time and time again, then you repeat yourself time and time again. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm fed up reading him defending Lukaku, and I'm fed up of hearing you tear him to shreds. I'd bet the rest of the board is too.

Apply it another way. I'm tired of people telling me he is something he is not.

I'm tired of saying he's got too much to say and people excusing him. I'm tired of people telling me how great he is after one of his false dawns (usually the game after being dropped).

I'm tired of his inability to control a football, jump, close defenders down (rather than half parsed jog towards them) I'm tired of people telling me all this is ok as he's 21.

Maybe that's why its rinse and repeat.

Look at the fan comments about him in the mail. Opposition football fans think he's a joke. Chelsea forums are abuzz with fans who can't believe they got rid of him at a profit.

I admire fans having faith in players who deserve it through their desire to do well for the club. Rom only wants to do well for himself.

Apply it another way. I'm tired of people telling me he is something he is not.

I know. Everyone knows.

And it's not applying it another way - you're just saying what I said with different words (you repeat, he repeats, you repeat, he repeats... yada yada). Which is what the pair of you do every time he's spoken about. You don't rate Lukaku, Matt does rate him. We get it, but it's got fucking mind-numbing. Surely it has for you two as well?

Btw Matt you are fed up trying to defend him because that's a difficult job.

No, I'm fed up of defending an Everton player. Yes, he's having a bad season, just like half the team (and yet still our leading scorer). Your venom directed at him is what bothers me, whilst other players escape the criticism.

Like Mark says, we keep doing the dance. I'll step out for now, but try and support the lad rather than rip him to shreds every time. Then I'll have nothing to come back with.

Edited by Matt

I know. Everyone knows.

And it's not applying it another way - you're just saying what I said with different words (you repeat, he repeats, you repeat, he repeats... yada yada). Which is what the pair of you do every time he's spoken about. You don't rate Lukaku, Matt does rate him. We get it, but it's got fucking mind-numbing. Surely it has for you two as well?

Mind numbing. I guess so. It's not like we are looking or listening to different players. I'd happily have a few weeks where he just plays well, scores the odd goal consistently and stops talking about himself.

So he wasn't quoted as saying that he wants to go to a big club, that Everton will sell him for more than the £28m and he isn't expensive etc etc???

Matt stop trying to be the lads lawyer.

dont need to be, that article does it for me :)

Where's the smug smiley again?

He was too close to Cech and it happened too fast for him to place it in a corner. In my opinion it was neither a bad miss or a great save; nineteen times out of twenty it would have been a goal but Cech made himself as big as he could and got lucky.

It didn't happen too fast for him to hit Cech though. :D