IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Regarding his runs, i'm tired of hearing about them. This is a Rom run (usually)

Find a gap between 2 defenders, run in a straight line whilst pointing 15 yards ahead...

Absolute school boy stuff - That was Ian Rush and Gary Lineker back in 85 against fat slow centre halves. Even then they did it far more intelligently, they used diagonals or ran in a half circle to get the acceleration up and beat the offside trap. Rom usually does it like he's waiting to receive the baton in a relay race.

This may sound silly but after watching lukaku's display, I would try him behing Naismith. His passing, his running with the ball, his shots from outside the box,all tells me that he wwould do more damage as a number ten. And Naismith would make those intelligent runs.

Regarding his runs, i'm tired of hearing about them. This is a Rom run (usually)

Find a gap between 2 defenders, run in a straight line whilst pointing 15 yards ahead...

Absolute school boy stuff - That was Ian Rush and Gary Lineker back in 85 against fat slow centre halves. Even then they did it far more intelligently, they used diagonals or ran in a half circle to get the acceleration up and beat the offside trap. Rom usually does it like he's waiting to receive the baton in a relay race.

Ok whatever you say Haf, all his runs are pointless and nothing ever comes of them and no decent forward since 85 would dream of making a run like that these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5MmtvNaXjU

Its obviously pointless trying to reason with you when it comes to Lukaku

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

when was that?

Whether you believe it or not.. It happened. I was invited to a fan event at Goodison Park. Sharp, Weir and Coleman spoke on the Mic. It was just after Moyes had announced he was leaving. Someone asked him who he think should get the job and he quite clearly stated " I fancy Gianfranco Zola" me and the lad next to me just looked at each other! Edited by MC11

Ok whatever you say Haf, all his runs are pointless and nothing ever comes of them and no decent forward since 85 would dream of making a run like that these days

Behave Dunc, I gave himall the plaudits he deserved for last night. What do you want me to do - give him a pardon for performances like the one against Man United etc etc etc.

I identified what was missing from his game when he wasn't playing well - despite you all saying it was service it wasn't - it was him.

Last night he proved my case in its entirity. He wanted things on a plate for him - hence his relay runs. Last night he did what I have been shouting for him to do, use his bulk, run and press defenders not jog, set his body before taking a pass. He did all that... but no, its all about not seeing his "runs". Lame mate, completely lame.

Accept the fact that Roms performances have been his own doing - good and bad. If I was churlish I could say Rom played well because of the team and not him. It wasn't the same way that whjen he played por it wasn't the teams fault.

Behave Dunc, I gave himall the plaudits he deserved for last night. What do you want me to do - give him a pardon for performances like the one against Man United etc etc etc.

I identified what was missing from his game when he wasn't playing well - despite you all saying it was service it wasn't - it was him.

Last night he proved my case in its entirity. He wanted things on a plate for him - hence his relay runs. Last night he did what I have been shouting for him to do, use his bulk, run and press defenders not jog, set his body before taking a pass. He did all that... but no, its all about not seeing his "runs". Lame mate, completely lame.

Accept the fact that Roms performances have been his own doing - good and bad. If I was churlish I could say Rom played well because of the team and not him. It wasn't the same way that whjen he played por it wasn't the teams fault.

It clearly was a large part of it. Like I said before, both parties have been proven right with last nights performance, better service = better confidence = better workrate = better motivation.

Lets just hope its not the last time we see it.

Whether you believe it or not.. It happened. I was invited to a fan event at Goodison Park. Sharp, Weir and Coleman spoke on the Mic. It was just after Moyes had announced he was leaving. Someone asked him who he think should get the job and he quite clearly stated " I fancy Gianfranco Zola" me and the lad next to me just looked at each other!

So lets get it right, between 8th May and 5th June 2013 (based on Moyes announcement to the hire of Martinez), coleman was there (thought he would be on hols) and so was David Weir who was being interviewed for the Everton job and left for Sheff united in the June.

But Sharp opted for an unemployed manager who walked from Watford after not winning a game between October and December 2012 and left them at 13th in the championship? Bit strange but ok I'll take your word for it despite the fact that he was quoted as saying we needed a proven manager.

It clearly was a large part of it. Like I said before, both parties have been proven right with last nights performance, better service = better confidence = better workrate = better motivation.

Lets just hope its not the last time we see it.

I agree. I have never questioned his finishing in and around the box. (His long range shooting is a bit like Bobby Zamora though!)

The problem has been he needs to earn the right to get in there. Drop, take the ball, lay it off/give and go and get in the danger area.

Too often he has just been happy to wait for the magic to happen, and it doesn't. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Bony is going to Man City - he is an expert at give and go's. They need that physical prescence to link up the attacking midfielders.

Rom dropping, giving and going last night gave Ross loads of scope when running with the ball. It stopped west ham from having a flat back 4 - they were disjointed when he did it - it was really good to see!

This may sound silly but after watching lukaku's display, I would try him behing Naismith. His passing, his running with the ball, his shots from outside the box,all tells me that he wwould do more damage as a number ten. And Naismith would make those intelligent runs.

I've thought that before as well. Or go back to the 433 and have him out wide.

Yes you did praise him but you steadfastly refuse to believe that the change in the way we played had any bearing on his improved performance. Instead you get on your high horse with all this " Ive been proved right , you are all wrong" bollocks

You criticised Lukakus runs so I posted a video of how effective he is when he gets the ball played in after making those runs and you totally ignored it

Do you want a "who's been proven right" thread. Me and you go head to head. I'll make opinions and give tangible reasons why

I make them. You can just sit there sniping away and someone works out a points tally at the end of the year?

If Rom replicates tonights form it will go some way to making up for the poor performances he has given. Are you actually saying his performances have been acceptable?

Its funny isn't it:-

Rom plays bad:- its the teams fault and RM's because of the style of play

Rom plays well:- Well done Rom - you've prove them wrong

The reality is this - "he is responsible for his performances". If he plays well it is down to him, if he plays bad then it is down to him. As it stands he has played more bad games than good this season.

Last night was his best performance in an Everton shirt IMO. Of course the "1 in 2" brigade will just look at is as another game where he scores a goal. I looked at his performance before he scored that goal and was very pleased with it. It just demonstrates what I look for in a striker.

He could score a hat trick in one of his lazy poor games and I would be unhappy with him because it really does insult the paying fan when he does his "look i'm closing the defender down honest" as he slows down enough to allow the defender to clear his lines.

I notice things that maybe you don't. Naismith last night, how many headers did he win? How often did he steal the ball off a midfielder/defender. Didn't score but I thought he too was excellent.

No, I don't want to play your bloody stupid games, I don't have time to research things and spend hours on here.

For me my biggest disapointment is Coleman, though the whole team including Lukaku haven't playe well, with Coleman I'm not going to spend time and effort picking holes in his play, he's just having, for me a poor season.If someone wants to tell me they think he's actually not doing that bad, and it's Evertons tactics and the players around him that's making him look bad I'll just let it go, maybe they have a point.

But you with Lukaku are different, you are right (your stats prove it, yawn ), everytone else is wrong (your stats prove it, yawn).

As I say I haven't gone to town on Coleman, he is to my mind amongst others having a poor run of form, he's not breaking into the area and putting in those tasty crosses for Lukaku and others or shooting for goal.

I could do what you do, look up stats to try and rubbish Coleman, I'd never dream of it, he'll come good.Jesus look at Barry, his form has certainly dipped, he's getting stick, but no one is going on a one man crusade the way you do.

It's not just Gray who's saying we've been sussed, that we're not as good as last year (pretty fucking obvious), Mirallas, Naismith and Lukaku aren't scoring or even looking as good as last season.....they wont, THE TEAMS NOT PLAYING WELL !

but of course, it' only really Lukakus fault isn't it.....your stats prove it (how many goals did Heskey score, yawn)

You seem to have endless amounts of time to spend on here and on the net doing research, yawn, so in a head to head ! you will certainly ' out stat me '...

Now I know your a big Martinez fan, so I'm sorry to sum with, HE and the entire Everton team this season are with a few exceptions pretty fucking poor, Lukaku included.

There are though people/players more at fault for this than Lukaku,....... Martinez, Barry and Coleman to name a few.

You continue with your Lukaku fixation............I'll not go looking to slag Coleman off, even though I might want too.

Head to head, no thanks.......your always right.

Edited by Blue 250

Premier league Facebook page just posted the attacking player leaders of the half year.

Shooting accuracy (min 25 shots)

Lukaku 60%

Sterling 54%

Bony 54%

Well we have the most accurate shooter in the premier league. Love big rom and will back him to the end.

Yep doesn't get enough chances though.

Premier league Facebook page just posted the attacking player leaders of the half year.

Lukaku 60%

Sterling 54%

Bony 54%

Well we have the most accurate shooter in the premier league. Love big rom and will back him to the end.

Cue Haf with the stats don't prove anything ( unless they are his stats ) shout

No, I don't want to play your bloody stupid games, I don't have time to research things and spend hours on here.

For me my biggest disapointment is Coleman, though the whole team including Lukaku haven't playe well, with Coleman I'm not going to spend time and effort picking holes in his play, he's just having, for me a poor season.If someone wants to tell me they think he's actually not doing that bad, and it's Evertons tactics and the players around him that's making him look bad I'll just let it go, maybe they have a point.

But you with Lukaku are different, you are right (your stats prove it, yawn ), everytone else is wrong (your stats prove it, yawn).

As I say I haven't gone to town on Coleman, he is to my mind amongst others having a poor run of form, he's not breaking into the area and putting in those tasty crosses for Lukaku and others or shooting for goal.

I could do what you do, look up stats to try and rubbish Coleman, I'd never dream of it, he'll come good.Jesus look at Barry, his form has certainly dipped, he's getting stick, but no one is going on a one man crusade the way you do.

It's not just Gray who's saying we've been sussed, that we're not as good as last year (pretty fucking obvious), Mirallas, Naismith and Lukaku aren't scoring or even looking as good as last season.....they wont, THE TEAMS NOT PLAYING WELL !

but of course, it' only really Lukakus fault isn't it.....your stats prove it (how many goals did Heskey score, yawn)

You seem to have endless amounts of time to spend on here and on the net doing research, yawn, so in a head to head ! you will certainly ' out stat me '...

Now I know your a big Martinez fan, so I'm sorry to sum with, HE and the entire Everton team this season are with a few exceptions pretty fucking poor, Lukaku included.

There are though people/players more at fault for this than Lukaku,....... Martinez, Barry and Coleman to name a few.

You continue with your Lukaku fixation............I'll not go looking to slag Coleman off, even though I might want too.

Head to head, no thanks.......your always right.

Coleman is a full back. Call me crazy but I find it difficult to slate a fullback for not bombing into the box and setting up goals. It's not like Phil Neville spoilt us in that regard is it? Coleman has been exceptional now he's looking average.

If Coleman defends well and does the occasional link up then he's doing his job. The bare minimum. At times Rom hasn't even been doing that. Last night was the first time I've seen him play a complete forwards game to a good level.

You got the bit between the teeth and my posts irritate you? Tough shit.

Must have took some time to write that one up for someone with so little time.

Edited by Hafnia

I've just seen them dunc, and I don't know what you are trying to demonstrate.

The frustration is that Rom isn't getting the ball ahead of him for these shuttle runs he makes pointing into space. The majority of his goals were balls crossed into the box.

He's a penalty box striker and nearly all the goals show that. I've said that all along. My criticism of him is that he offers very little outside the box and up till last night I think it's a fair comment.

Cue Haf with the stats don't prove anything ( unless they are his stats ) shout

60% shooting accuracy in first place, but 6 goals putting him in 18th place.

You're right, there's a story there that requires more stats.

So a scuffed shot that a keeper saves increases his accuracy score but ultimately doesn't lead to a goal. Are we saying that he's a bad finisher? I don't think that's the case.

Lukaku 60%

Sterling 54%

Bony 54%

Seen that page. A stats question I get asked in work is :- what does good look like?

Ok, so that would be Diego Costa or aguero, 14 goals apiece. Austin has 12.

None of them are leaders in shooting accuracy.

No doubt you can't score without hitting the target, but you can't if the keeper saves them either.

The best goalscorer I seen with possibly the lowest shooting accuracy was Fowler. He went for the inside of the post all the time, if it wasn't a goal it was inches wide. He very rarely gave the keeper anything to save.

Accuracy doesn't tell the whole story. Plus I think Rom has had less shots compared to others.

Coleman is a full back. Call me crazy but I find it difficult to slate a fullback for not bombing into the box and setting up goals. It's not like Phil Neville spoilt us in that regard is it? Coleman has been exceptional now he's looking average.

If Coleman defends well and does the occasional link up then he's doing his job. The bare minimum. At times Rom hasn't even been doing that. Last night was the first time I've seen him play a complete forwards game to a good level.

You got the bit between the teeth and my posts irritate you? Tough shit.

Must have took some time to write that one up for someone with so little time.

Yep, Had to hurry that post as the lousy English proves, went for an Indian then to watch "unbroken" at the cinema......was a good night.

You should try getting out, away from your 'stats'.....

Your posts don't irritate me, they have always amused me.... :rofl: ........Stato!

Does this not show good man management though?

After two games on the bench I knew it was time to react, he said. I wanted to show the manager how he can count on me."

I think it shows that what I said about his mentality isn't far wrong.

It took two games on the bench to realise that he wasn't performing?! Ffs Rom, the crowd were getting pissed off with your half arsed attitude and it took being benched for you to realise it?

That aside I'm really not sure as to why he's coming out in the press. It wasn't like we played like real fuckin madrid. Robles kept us in it and to be honest we have a bit more to go yet, as does Rom. We've had a few false dawns with him and I'd sooner he keeps out of the papers for any reasons other than scoring and playing well.

The sooner he realises our defenders aren't comfortable passing it between themselves the better. If he has any sense, it might actually save his job.

Mike trying to put tinsel on it again! No surprises there.

You plainly missed the question mark (I know how keen you are for people to read and understand full posts).

However. One point of view you could take from the quote....

Rom annoyed at being sub.

Decides to show the manager what he's capable of.

Produces best performance of the season and saves our arses.

Well done Bobby (question mark).

You plainly missed the question mark (I know how keen you are for people to read and understand full posts).

However. One point of view you could take from the quote....

Rom annoyed at being sub.

Decides to show the manager what he's capable of.

Produces best performance of the season and saves our arses.

Well done Bobby (question mark).

He can take credit from that. But the main stick out point of the article is the players asked him to play more direct. Which you completely ignored and tried to shine his arse again.

Point is that's a huge indication the players are fed up of his tactics and want diversity in the play. Which everybody but he could see.

Edited by MC11

Yep, Had to hurry that post as the lousy English proves, went for an Indian then to watch "unbroken" at the cinema......was a good night.

You should try getting out, away from your 'stats'.....

Your posts don't irritate me, they have always amused me.... :rofl: ........Stato!

Ah good for you. Orange Wednesday's eh. Was the curry 2-4-1 too?

He can take credit from that. But the main stick out point of the article is the players asked him to play more direct. Which you completely ignored and tried to shine his arse again.

Point is that's a huge indication the players are fed up of his tactics and want diversity in the play. Which everybody but he could see.

I'll be honest the biggest indication of the article is that Rom likes to talk a bit too much. What he's done is wrong.

The cheeky fucker has been strolling and sulking, and Martinez backed him verbally in the press, not once slating him. He gets dropped for 2 games, decides to put a shift in and say it's because the players needed to indulge his style of play which of course was down to him.

Dissent IMO. Maybe Rom needs to take heed of what Naismith said.

Edited by Hafnia

I'll be honest the biggest indication of the article is that Rom likes to talk a bit too much. What he's done is wrong.

The cheeky fucker has been strolling and sulking, and Martinez backed him verbally in the press, not once slating him. He gets dropped for 2 games, decides to put a shift in and say it's because the players needed to indulge his style of play which of course was down to him.

Dissent IMO. Maybe Rom needs to take heed of what Naismith said.

The more the fans know what's going on behind closed doors in this poor form the better. Everybody could see we needed to change the way we play or at least have the ability to change it. We weren't seeing that until the last night.

This is the Lukaku thread (which I try to keep out of as much as I can) so that was what I was talking about. The manager came into it because it seemed to me he may have handled the Lukaku situation quite well.

I know how how you love to challenge people to prove stuff from your old posts (though you object to it when it happens), so go find some stuff where I'm shining the bosses arse when things have been going badly, shouldn't be difficult. All I do is try to bring an alternative rational viewpoint to some of the more unsubstantiated stories.