IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You must be gutted to see my positive comments.

If he can replicate the attitude shown tonight I will be a fan.

Gutted to see your positive comments !..........NO, because I know how you work, it's typical of you !

If he replicates tonights form, it would prove you wrong...........arse covering.

Absolute bollocks. I dislike players who think they are far better than what they are. I dislike players who think they are too good to work hard.

If he can get a little humility, get his head out of his arse and try and become the player you think he already is then I will back him all the way.

It just so happens he put that performance in after being dropped for 2 games. Till then he was strutting and strolling around.

Tell me I'm wrong, cos I know for a fact I'm not. His performance tonight before the goal made me pleased more than any I've seen in a year. I know what I'm talking about and I don't subscribe to the Andy Gray bollocks. He was deliberate in his actions tonight. No jogging to close a defender, used his size, got the ball out of his feet.

If he does what he did tonight he will give us goals and much more purpose in our play.

" Tell me I'm wrong, cos I know for a FACT I'm not ".............. :doh:

Theres a great little function where you can ignore posters. Use it and get on with your lives. This forum is rediculous at times. More so recently because we are all dissappointed with the team that we all love.

There was a glimmer of light last night. Its Roms doing. If he keeps this up he will be one of the ones responsible for turning the season around.

Theres a great little function where you can ignore posters. Use it and get on with your lives. This forum is rediculous at times. More so recently because we are all dissappointed with the team that we all love.

There was a glimmer of light last night. Its Roms doing. If he keeps this up he will be one of the ones responsible for turning the season around.

Hallelujah.

Absolute bollocks. I dislike players who think they are far better than what they are. I dislike players who think they are too good to work hard.

If he can get a little humility, get his head out of his arse and try and become the player you think he already is then I will back him all the way.

It just so happens he put that performance in after being dropped for 2 games. Till then he was strutting and strolling around.

Tell me I'm wrong, cos I know for a fact I'm not. His performance tonight before the goal made me pleased more than any I've seen in a year. I know what I'm talking about and I don't subscribe to the Andy Gray bollocks. He was deliberate in his actions tonight. No jogging to close a defender, used his size, got the ball out of his feet.

If he does what he did tonight he will give us goals and much more purpose in our play.

I don't think its a coincidence that we went more direct and Lukaku had his best game of the season

Gutted to see your positive comments !..........NO, because I know how you work, it's typical of you !

If he replicates tonights form, it would prove you wrong...........arse covering.

Do you want a "who's been proven right" thread. Me and you go head to head. I'll make opinions and give tangible reasons why

I make them. You can just sit there sniping away and someone works out a points tally at the end of the year?

If Rom replicates tonights form it will go some way to making up for the poor performances he has given. Are you actually saying his performances have been acceptable?

Its funny isn't it:-

Rom plays bad:- its the teams fault and RM's because of the style of play

Rom plays well:- Well done Rom - you've prove them wrong

The reality is this - "he is responsible for his performances". If he plays well it is down to him, if he plays bad then it is down to him. As it stands he has played more bad games than good this season.

Last night was his best performance in an Everton shirt IMO. Of course the "1 in 2" brigade will just look at is as another game where he scores a goal. I looked at his performance before he scored that goal and was very pleased with it. It just demonstrates what I look for in a striker.

He could score a hat trick in one of his lazy poor games and I would be unhappy with him because it really does insult the paying fan when he does his "look i'm closing the defender down honest" as he slows down enough to allow the defender to clear his lines.

I notice things that maybe you don't. Naismith last night, how many headers did he win? How often did he steal the ball off a midfielder/defender. Didn't score but I thought he too was excellent.

I don't think its a coincidence that we went more direct and Lukaku had his best game of the season

I don't think its a coincidence that even when we didn't go direct Rom was able to contribute to the team by showing more desire to show for the ball deep, that he found he was able to unsettle their defenders because he actually showed "desire".

Far too much is being made of this direct approach. Far too much. Did people complain last season that we weren't direct against Arsenal and Rom had a good game out wide? No, because he had a good game.

Excuses have been made for the lad and they need to stop. It's like having a misbehaving child and continually blaming tiredness or hunger on their tantrums. The reality is he is an international footballer who has been playing competitive football for nearly 6 years.

He showed what he could do last night and I identified his attitude, aggression, desire, purposefulness in everything he did as the key. Yeah he has a poor touch, but he can learn to "accommodate" that as he did last night. He used his first touch to direct the ball in an area for him to run onto and he used his size to stop the marker getting there first.

I don't think its a coincidence that even when we didn't go direct Rom was able to contribute to the team by showing more desire to show for the ball deep, that he found he was able to unsettle their defenders because he actually showed "desire".

Far too much is being made of this direct approach. Far too much. Did people complain last season that we weren't direct against Arsenal and Rom had a good game out wide? No, because he had a good game.

Excuses have been made for the lad and they need to stop. It's like having a misbehaving child and continually blaming tiredness or hunger on their tantrums. The reality is he is an international footballer who has been playing competitive football for nearly 6 years.

He showed what he could do last night and I identified his attitude, aggression, desire, purposefulness in everything he did as the key. Yeah he has a poor touch, but he can learn to "accommodate" that as he did last night. He used his first touch to direct the ball in an area for him to run onto and he used his size to stop the marker getting there first.

It was a mix of the 2 in my opinion. We looked to get him involved further up the pitch, playing the ball to the side of him allowing him to turn and roll. But I agree his hunger will have come from being dropped and out of the limelight. Its certainly not one or the other.

It was a mix of the 2 in my opinion. We looked to get him involved further up the pitch, playing the ball to the side of him allowing him to turn and roll. But I agree his hunger will have come from being dropped and out of the limelight. Its certainly not one or the other.

I'd go with this...involve him more and he'll play better I feel..His head seems to drop the longer he isn't involved in a game..He should get involved more himself yes, but at the same time I'm not one for having a striker chasing the ball back in his own half..Let's just hope he can continue as well as the team and build on last night..cos fuckin hell we need it

I'd go with this...involve him more and he'll play better I feel..His head seems to drop the longer he isn't involved in a game..He should get involved more himself yes, but at the same time I'm not one for having a striker chasing the ball back in his own half..Let's just hope he can continue as well as the team and build on last night..cos fuckin hell we need it

There's that too. Because he was supported and supplied better he got more confidence, which got him motivated, which got the crowd behind him, which started a positive circle of efforts and rewards. Been a long time since he's had that catalyst to get him going.

oh, and just to stoke the fire a bit. You don't subscribe to Andy Grey but will quote Sharpy to back up your arguments?

;)

Sharp watches and commentates on every Everton game. Gray spends much of his time out in Dubai nowadays and is often quoted "in the games that i'ver seen"

Everton played with a more direct approach last night....Robles was kicking long rather than playing it out to the centre halfs. More direct balls, through balls. It was quite evident this suited Lukaku as he was more involved in the game. I'd say Andy Gray got it spot on.

Everton played with a more direct approach last night....Robles was kicking long rather than playing it out to the centre halfs. More direct balls, through balls. It was quite evident this suited Lukaku as he was more involved in the game. I'd say Andy Gray got it spot on.

The direct balls we didn't get that much success from at all from Robles, Naismith won a fair share of headers but that was about it, not much from the second ball. We got our chances with players running with the ball. Robles rolled the ball out many times and the only real benefits of going long was that the ball wasn't being played between Jag and Distin.

I'll say it again, Rom played well by dropping for the ball, not by playing on the shoulder of the last man and waiting for things to happen. Nothing to do with direct play, it was "standard centre forward play" - like we seen from Kone in the first half vs Newcastle. It ain't rocket science.

The direct balls we didn't get that much success from at all from Robles, Naismith won a fair share of headers but that was about it, not much from the second ball. We got our chances with players running with the ball. Robles rolled the ball out many times and the only real benefits of going long was that the ball wasn't being played between Jag and Distin.

I'll say it again, Rom played well by dropping for the ball, not by playing on the shoulder of the last man and waiting for things to happen. Nothing to do with direct play, it was "standard centre forward play" - like we seen from Kone in the first half vs Newcastle. It ain't rocket science.

Rom played well because he was more involved with a more direct approach. Not passing sideways all the game.

Sharp is the guy who said he'd like Gianfranco Zola to replace Moyes.

No he didn't that was Neville Southall. Sharp wanted a proven premier league manager and he wasn't up for Martinez either, as he reacted negatively to talk of Neil Lennon - which I was pleased about.

http://talksport.com/sports-news/football/premier-league/130511/exclusive-%e2%80%93-neville-southall-gianfranco-zola-man-finish-job-david-moyes-19739

If you find an article about Sharp wanting Zola I will stand corrected.

Rom played well because he was more involved with a more direct approach. Not passing sideways all the game.

If I say left you say right...

Rom did the things well last night that he wasn't doing well before - whatever the tactics that is what happened. He actually fouled players, he got in their faces, he actually sprinted to close down players, he set himself right to receive the ball on the half turn - is that down to "direct football"? Absolutely not. It was down to his apporoach.

What will happen now is that you will create an alternative discussion to validate your "direct tactics" comment. Just accept the fact that it is not the tactics that have made Rom so insipid - it is him and his mentality.

Did Man City play a certain type of way to make Adebuyor destroy Arsenal in one of his first games for the club? No. Adebuyor decided he was gonna make his old club have it - he never really bothered after that. That unfortunately is where we are with Rom. Its in his head, his attitude and making him want to turn in a performance.

I'll say it again, this was his game after being dropped twice in a row. Ironically his best game in the world cup came after being dropped for Origi.... pattern developing?

Do you want a "who's been proven right" thread. Me and you go head to head. I'll make opinions and give tangible reasons why

I make them. You can just sit there sniping away and someone works out a points tally at the end of the year?

If Rom replicates tonights form it will go some way to making up for the poor performances he has given. Are you actually saying his performances have been acceptable?

Its funny isn't it:-

Rom plays bad:- its the teams fault and RM's because of the style of play

Rom plays well:- Well done Rom - you've prove them wrong

The reality is this - "he is responsible for his performances". If he plays well it is down to him, if he plays bad then it is down to him. As it stands he has played more bad games than good this season.

Last night was his best performance in an Everton shirt IMO. Of course the "1 in 2" brigade will just look at is as another game where he scores a goal. I looked at his performance before he scored that goal and was very pleased with it. It just demonstrates what I look for in a striker.

He could score a hat trick in one of his lazy poor games and I would be unhappy with him because it really does insult the paying fan when he does his "look i'm closing the defender down honest" as he slows down enough to allow the defender to clear his lines.

I notice things that maybe you don't. Naismith last night, how many headers did he win? How often did he steal the ball off a midfielder/defender. Didn't score but I thought he too was excellent.

Have you ever though that there is a possibility that other people may also notice things that you don't?

If Rom makes 10 runs into space and the through ball never comes, instead it goes back and forth between the back four, then the next time he doesn't bother making the run you see it as him being a lazy bastard whilst others see it that the system is at fault ( ala Andy Gray ).

In fairness it probably is a bit of both, he doesn't always show that kind of desire , but unless he plays as a CB more often than not he wont be involved in the game as much as he should

Have you ever though that there is a possibility that other people may also notice things that you don't?

If Rom makes 10 runs into space and the through ball never comes, instead it goes back and forth between the back four, then the next time he doesn't bother making the run you see it as him being a lazy bastard whilst others see it that the system is at fault ( ala Andy Gray ).

In fairness it probably is a bit of both, he doesn't always show that kind of desire , but unless he plays as a CB more often than not he wont be involved in the game as much as he should

That may well be the case and i'm not dismissing that, by my own admission I very rarely pick up on great centre half performances or indeed identify good centre halves, I always played as an attacking player or target man so I identify the traits that make a good player in that regard.

Take this comment from Naismith re Lukaku - just brilliant and so accurate, captain material.:-

“He showed a bit more enthusiasm and a bit more confidence in his performance and he gets his reward with the goal,” said Naismith. “Obviously he is a big player for us and is somebody that contributed well last season.

Polite way of saying: - he actually worked for the team tonight for once and low and behold got a goal because he gained confidence through his efforts. He played well last season but has been poor so far this season.

No he didn't that was Neville Southall. Sharp wanted a proven premier league manager and he wasn't up for Martinez either, as he reacted negatively to talk of Neil Lennon - which I was pleased about.

http://talksport.com/sports-news/football/premier-league/130511/exclusive-–-neville-southall-gianfranco-zola-man-finish-job-david-moyes-19739

If you find an article about Sharp wanting Zola I will stand corrected.

I sat in a room full if Evertonians on a fan event and he quite clearly said...... "I fancy Gianfranco Zola"

Regarding his runs, i'm tired of hearing about them. This is a Rom run (usually)

Find a gap between 2 defenders, run in a straight line whilst pointing 15 yards ahead...

Absolute school boy stuff - That was Ian Rush and Gary Lineker back in 85 against fat slow centre halves. Even then they did it far more intelligently, they used diagonals or ran in a half circle to get the acceleration up and beat the offside trap. Rom usually does it like he's waiting to receive the baton in a relay race.