IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I think Phil kirkbrides summary is more apt than Grays comments.

He says getting the ball in front of Lukaku is only going to come from more measured build up play. I personally think we need to play more balls in behind whether longer balls or creative balls. All we seem to do is pass sideways and allow other teams to get 10 men behind the ball. As soon as we hit their 18 yard box we're clueless.

My feeling is that kirkbride is eluding to the fact that the answer lies within Lukaku.

He talks about Lukaku stating what type of striker he isnt and what service he needs. The reality is that Rom has played with little to no interest, straight line runs.

I've seen this insipid level of performance from Rom on more than one occasion last season. I seen him strop after being ineffective against Algeria and not giving his team options. He then bemoans not having fellaini next to him as a player with presence. It's just an endless list of what he wants in order to excuse poor performances.

I have to disagree. There aren't many strikers with Lukaku's finishing ability.

Paul, I agree his record at WBA, and with us last season show he can be a top striker with a great finish, especially with the ball played in-front of him.

Its difficult for a young striker to play well in a team with no confidence.

Edited by London Blue

Paul, I agree his record at WBA, and with us last season show he can be a top striker with a great finish, especially with the ball played in-front of him.

Its difficult for a young striker to play well in a team with no confidence.

Who the hell is Paul?

Apparently 15 goals is the benchmark for greatness....

It's the " I recall Emile Heskey scoring 22 goals in a season for liverpool then scoring 14 the following one "

It's the " just happen to recall " bit !.........Bullshit. In your quest to prove YOUR point, to try and rubbish Lukaku your doing research, checking records, anything, to try and prove your point.

Then an Everton legend, Andy Gray, comes out with a statement, backing Lukaku, a satement that at least makes a certain amount of sence, you love research, go and read it again without your 'hate' glasses on.

At around about the same time Moyes has the fucking nerve to beat Barcelona.....go have a lie down.

But don't be gone too long, you do write some funny stuff :rofl: .

Classic.........my favorite poster.

It's the " I recall Emile Heskey scoring 22 goals in a season for liverpool then scoring 14 the following one "

It's the " just happen to recall " bit !.........Bullshit. In your quest to prove YOUR point, to try and rubbish Lukaku your doing research, checking records, anything, to try and prove your point.

Then an Everton legend, Andy Gray, comes out with a statement, backing Lukaku, a satement that at least makes a certain amount of sence, you love research, go and read it again without your 'hate' glasses on.

At around about the same time Moyes has the fucking nerve to beat Barcelona.....go have a lie down.

But don't be gone too long, you do write some funny stuff :rofl: .

Classic.........my favorite poster.

The process goes like this Blue....

• Recall a season where a striker "who likes the ball over the top and imn front of him did well" - Heskey sprung to mind, as did Andy Johnson.............

• look at the particular seasons and see the goal return - does it stand up to comparison??? Yep.

And there you go...

But now we must listen to Andy Gray because he's a legend? OK. Maybe we should just ignore forum posts from people who watch all the games and just put in the comments from pundits who may not be watching every Everton game and use lazy opinions.....

Moyes beat Barcelona? Did you watch it??? I did. It was pretty awful and had Moyes thumb print all over it. Barca OG after 2 mins and park the bus, bravo Davie - you are going to revolutionise tiki taka. Get yourself back to Goodison and we can arm ourselves with penknives in gunfights.

The process goes like this Blue....

• Recall a season where a striker "who likes the ball over the top and imn front of him did well" - Heskey sprung to mind, as did Andy Johnson.............

• look at the particular seasons and see the goal return - does it stand up to comparison??? Yep.

And there you go...

But now we must listen to Andy Gray because he's a legend? OK. Maybe we should just ignore forum posts from people who watch all the games and just put in the comments from pundits who may not be watching every Everton game and use lazy opinions.....

Moyes beat Barcelona? Did you watch it??? I did. It was pretty awful and had Moyes thumb print all over it. Barca OG after 2 mins and park the bus, bravo Davie - you are going to revolutionise tiki taka. Get yourself back to Goodison and we can arm ourselves with penknives in gunfights.

Got to be honest, I doubt Real Sociedad give a shit about a tiki taka (boring football) revolution if it means success for the club, aka firing them back into the Champions League.

In fairness, Haf praised him throughout the game. Do you know why? Because he was brilliant and where credit is due, Haf will give it.

ROM has been poor for most of the season, goals aside. This game he showed his true ability and potential, we (as well as Haf) want it to continue. Happen more often.

Haf has in the past rightly pointed out that on occassions, people have been blind to his faults, for reason or another.

Now its time to kick on.

He deserved his praise. From all corners of the fanbase.

Come on Haf. You have to admit it's gone beyond liking him as a player. You never will, it's too deep within you.

Saying he played well, whilst biting your tongue.

Absolute bollocks. I dislike players who think they are far better than what they are. I dislike players who think they are too good to work hard.

If he can get a little humility, get his head out of his arse and try and become the player you think he already is then I will back him all the way.

It just so happens he put that performance in after being dropped for 2 games. Till then he was strutting and strolling around.

Tell me I'm wrong, cos I know for a fact I'm not. His performance tonight before the goal made me pleased more than any I've seen in a year. I know what I'm talking about and I don't subscribe to the Andy Gray bollocks. He was deliberate in his actions tonight. No jogging to close a defender, used his size, got the ball out of his feet.

If he does what he did tonight he will give us goals and much more purpose in our play.

Fair enough, I just think Lukaku is a player you dislike for personal preference. We all have one. If its only his work rate & attitude which makes you dislike him why do you always bang on about his touch and how he'll never improve it.

Edited by MC11

Fair enough, I just think Lukaku is a player you dislike for personal preference. We all have one. If its only his work rate & attitude which makes you dislike him why do you always bang on about his touch and how he'll never improve it.

I don't think he will improve his touch much. But he hasn't really tried to utilize his attributes well. That's my issue with him. He could be a good line leader, but he's lazy at times.

Tonight he did that well. He rolled his sleeves up and put a good shift in and positive things happen. It's that simple. I think a couple of games out has lit a fire under his arse.