IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Spoke to son in law today, when he sorts out the scan problem he is going to scan the report and send it to me on email.  Is there anyone on here can upload it to this thread if I forward the email to them?

I can do that John no problem. I'll send you my email address in a personal message.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Spoke to son in law today, when he sorts out the scan problem he is going to scan the report and send it to me on email.  Is there anyone on here can upload it to this thread if I forward the email to them?

Actually excited! I got offered 2 programs from 1985 but told the family to give it to EITC for a possible auction. Wish I’d had seen them though

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Actually excited! I got offered 2 programs from 1985 but told the family to give it to EITC for a possible auction. Wish I’d had seen them though

Matt, I have loads of programs from the 1950's and 1960's, including the first game I played for Yorkshire Amateur in 1957.  (the year I was demobbed from the Army) Away at Goole Town.  I also have six Yorkshire Amateur 'home' programs for the 1957/58 season.  Must have about 20 odd programs for the 1950's/60's, mainly Amateur Cup games against teams from all over the country.  Several London clubs. The biggest difference, distance wise was between Durham City (unfortunately didn't get a program) and Eastbourne United (did get a program).

15 minutes ago, johnh said:

Matt, I have loads of programs from the 1950's and 1960's, including the first game I played for Yorkshire Amateur in 1957.  (the year I was demobbed from the Army) Away at Goole Town.  I also have six Yorkshire Amateur 'home' programs for the 1957/58 season.  Must have about 20 odd programs for the 1950's/60's, mainly Amateur Cup games against teams from all over the country.  Several London clubs. The biggest difference, distance wise was between Durham City (unfortunately didn't get a program) and Eastbourne United (did get a program).

They’ll be worth a few pennies too

56 minutes ago, johnh said:

There just happened to be a Press photographer walking past.  Lucky eh!   (picture in Telegraph)

It's not by a press photographer though John, it's credited to "reuters/Twitter:UtdLedger"" and UtdLedger is just the Twitter name of a United fan who was present and made himself a few quid flogging the image to Reuters.

Minority interest only I'm sure but a Brit (Joe Salisbury) made it into the final of the Oz open tennis overnight. Only mentioning it due to the bizarre nature in which him and his partner got the decisive break in the deciding set;  Alexander Bublik of Kazakhstan served it and it went...

15-0

Double fault 15-15

30-15

Double fault 30-30

Double fault 30-40

Ace 40-40

Double fault 40-A

Double fault game over.

Sounds like the sort of game I played as a ten year old:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Beat me by a minute, but I suspect you're right that they'll get away with it on appeal.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Beat me by a minute, but I suspect you're right that they'll get away with it on appeal.

And they should as well. There are other clubs who take the piss but UEFA do fuck all, but they’ve wanted to get City for anything they could ever since they came into money and pushed the big boys. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And they should as well. There are other clubs who take the piss but UEFA do fuck all, but they’ve wanted to get City for anything they could ever since they came into money and pushed the big boys. 

I agree in part but you have to set the bar somewhere, and now everyone will sit up and listen. 
And besides if we finish 5th we are in the CL so let it stick. 

They have been found guilty of inflating sponsorship deals to beat FFP rules. 
This surely has to be worrying for many clubs including us, we could easily be found guilty of the same thing how Usmanov’s money is coming into the club, to try and balance the books after the disastrous 3 years of spending. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

This surely has to be worrying for many clubs including us, we could easily be found guilty of the same thing how Usmanov’s money is coming into the club, to try and balance the books after the disastrous 3 years of spending. 

From the moment the owner's cousin, or whoever, awarded them a marketing contract of immense proportions, this has looked rather obvious from the outside. Of course, it's dangerous and unfair to assume; however, I'm not at all surprised of this news. Now we need a commission to determine the impact of gambling sponsorships and their influence on VAR decisions.

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2019/08/05/the-season-kicks-just-three-premier-league-clubs-have-no-betting-brand-partnerships

On 15/02/2020 at 14:29, Palfy said:

Of course we will suffer from it, it’s been blatant and it’s scared the crap out of me since the FF deal. 

On 25/01/2020 at 17:08, johnh said:

In season 1958/59 I played an FA Amateur Cup game against Durham City in Durham.  It had snowed all week and only five games were played in the whole of the country, including ours. Durham put 80 tons of sand on the pitch and it was just like playing on the beach.  We actually had a match report on the radio 'Sports Report'.   We won 2 - 0.  I have a match report from the Observer which described me as a 'young player with a future'.   Should I take them to court?😁

On 25/01/2020 at 18:53, Matt said:

I’d love to see that! Can you scan and upload it?

Capture.JPG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51590396

Wow!

My mum used to have a shoulder that she dislocated many, many times; when we were little it was a hospital job and she was in agony but as it happened more often and got "looser" she just used to pop it back in and carry on as if nothing had happened, she knew the correct technique and did it without thought. But a knee? In a football match? If she was a man she'd have quite a pair!

On 26/02/2020 at 17:29, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51590396

Wow!

My mum used to have a shoulder that she dislocated many, many times; when we were little it was a hospital job and she was in agony but as it happened more often and got "looser" she just used to pop it back in and carry on as if nothing had happened, she knew the correct technique and did it without thought. But a knee? In a football match? If she was a man she'd have quite a pair!

Respect!   Tough nuts up there north of the border.  I've still got a dislocated thumb from football.  The trainer couldn't get it back in so I said 'leave it to me', which is why it's still dislocated.😄

• 2 weeks later...